Page 560 of 573 FirstFirst ... 60460510550556557558559560561562563564570 ... LastLast
Results 8,386 to 8,400 of 8586
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post

I'm wondering how Deke got access to virtual Coulson. May said they saved his hard drive... I can certainly buy that his "memory" was being backed up frequently or in real time to a hard drive, but that hard drive had to be on the Zephyr, and therefore inaccessible to Deke and Mack in 1982-83.
    The same way Sybil salvaged her Time-stream viewing doodad. By going directly to the source and salvaging it from Coulson's ruined robo-corpse after the explosion. In control of the lighthouse, Deke would have had direct access to the blast sight.

Also, why did Sibyl build some half-assed hunter robots out of spare parts when she could have gone back a few minutes before Coulson blew up the ship and either a) stopped him or b) jumped forward to fight SHIELD in 1983?
    Coulson destroyed the Chronicom's ship. And with it, presumably their ability to move through time. Sybil is stuck in the 80's same as Deke and Mack, prior to the Zephyr's return. Or at the very least, because she had lost her Time Stream reader, and could no longer safely predict what any changes she might make would do to the timeline moving forward. Now she has her Time Reader so she can predict the future and make changes again. But she appears to still be stuck going to the long way round.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Deke had to sing the song strictly from memory. Though if he'd sung "dancing to disco, baby" in a rock club in 1983, he would have gotten stuff thrown at him.

Daisy is not in the preview for next week, nor any mention of her, although they go to visit her mother. I wonder what's up with her.

Daisy is not in the preview for next week, nor any mention of her, although they go to visit her mother. I wonder what's up with her.
    That does not sound like a good sign for Daisy.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    That does not sound like a good sign for Daisy.
    Daisy is in the Promo

Last edited by juan678; 07-12-2020 at 11:22 AM.

Incredible Member

Also, why did Sibyl build some half-assed hunter robots out of spare parts when she could have gone back a few minutes before Coulson blew up the ship and either a) stopped him or b) jumped forward to fight SHIELD in 1983?
    Why didn't the Chronicoms jump back after things went wrong in the first episode and fix it? I don't think they have discretionary time travel like a Tardis. They way I was understanding it, the Chronicoms jumped back in time to the first point (young Malick) and are now "riding the time stream" forward back to their starting point. SHIELD is bobbing along behind them.
    Sounds perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Why didn't the Chronicoms jump back after things went wrong in the first episode and fix it? I don't think they have discretionary time travel like a Tardis. They way I was understanding it, the Chronicoms jumped back in time to the first point (young Malick) and are now "riding the time stream" forward back to their starting point. SHIELD is bobbing along behind them.
    May and Yo-Yo were somehow able to jump back to 1983 to pick up Mack, Deke and Coulson though... I didn't know they could do that. They could have gone back for Enoch both times they left him.

Also, if destroying the Chronicom ship took away their ability to time travel... how will the Zephyr get back to the present? It seems like that caused them to lose control of their time jumping, judging by what Jemma says in the preview. That makes it even weirder that they were able to send May and Yo-Yo back to a precise time, and back.

Incredible Member

May and Yo-Yo were somehow able to jump back to 1983 to pick up Mack, Deke and Coulson though... I didn't know they could do that. They could have gone back for Enoch both times they left him.
    I didn't think they went back to 1983: they were in '82, Mack & Deke stepped out, Zephyr jumped 20 months, they pick up the team. How it's going to work without the Chronicom's ship to follow, I dunno.
    Sounds perfect.

I think I have a new favorite episode.

This was Legends of Tomorrow-levels of crazy fun and then some.

Mighty Member

Also, if destroying the Chronicom ship took away their ability to time travel... how will the Zephyr get back to the present? It seems like that caused them to lose control of their time jumping, judging by what Jemma says in the preview. That makes it even weirder that they were able to send May and Yo-Yo back to a precise time, and back.
    @Donald has it. They didn't jump back. They just got May and Yo-Yo out looking for Mack after their jump FORWARD. Mack and Deke were trapped the long way around for nearly 2 years before May and Yo-Yo showed up. More interestingly, Simmons seemed to know when the Zephyr would reappear next, which she wasn't able to predict before.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    More interestingly, Simmons seemed to know when the Zephyr would reappear next, which she wasn't able to predict before.
    Now that the Chronicom ship has been destroyed, the question is, what is determining the time jumps? What happened 20 months after the unplanned jump that caused the Zephyr to stop there?

I think the jumps were being determined not by the Chronicom ship itself but something on it... specifically, Sibyl's hard drive. That glowing thing the robot delivered to Nathaniel Malick. Until she got physical control of it she either couldn't jump or wouldn't, because it would be too risky for her... the unplanned jump wasn't under her control. But now that she and Nathaniel have it, they can control the jumps, and the Zephyr. (Of course, Sibyl has contingency plans to deal with Malick's inevitable double-cross.)

Watched the latest episode last night (Mac and D stuck in the 80's).

Man, I gotta admit....it was fun. Still not a fan of Deke, and I feel like they went a little overboard on the 80's troupes, but it was a damn fun episode. TV Coulson might be my new favorite thing.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Mighty Member

Glad Yo-Yo got her ability back.