Page 107 of 573 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 8586
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Skye's father as Mister Hyde seems unlikely. It doesn't even seem to me to be likely that he is her real father, given they seem to share no unusual genetic traits (hence his refusal to handle the obelisk).
    I thought we'd seen him handle the obelisk a couple of times already?

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Still she did talk a lot about him. "Fury would..." "Fury wouldn't..." "Fury thinks..."
    Maybe it was just to name drop or maybe it was exposition to explain the plan to the audience and show how Coulson cares.
    I think that was just to establish that there is still a big difference on ideologies between Coulson and Fury. Besides, I'm not sure what Bobbi could report to him that he couldn't have May, who has already been established as a spy for him, do.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post
    I thought we'd seen him handle the obelisk a couple of times already?
    I don't think we have actually. the box the diviner is in, yes, but not the object itself, unless I've missed something. Has anyone other than the woman in 1943 touched it and lived yet?

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Has anyone other than the woman in 1943 touched it and lived yet?
    Raina has.
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Seems like an odd connection, but... so far all the people who seem to be able to safely handle the obelisk: Skye's mother, Raina, and (apparently) Skye herself, have been Asian. Asian women, in fact.

Ultimate Member

Can't remember, did Skye's dad actually touch it?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Can't remember, did Skye's dad actually touch it?
    Just rewatched the endings of 2x02 and 2x05 and it looks like he doesn't touch it. I was totally misremembering, unless he did in another episode (but I don't think there were any other scenes with him and the obelisk besides those.)

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Seems like an odd connection, but... so far all the people who seem to be able to safely handle the obelisk: Skye's mother, Raina, and (apparently) Skye herself, have been Asian. Asian women, in fact.
    The actress who plays Raina is black and white.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    The actress who plays Raina is black and white.
    But in this last episode, the character said she was from Thailand. And although Ruth Negga apparently has no Asian ancestry (half Ethiopian, half Irish), she does look like she could be part Asian.

But in this last episode, the character said she was from Thailand.
    Hmm...didn't remember that.

BANNED

But in this last episode, the character said she was from Thailand. And although Ruth Negga apparently has no Asian ancestry (half Ethiopian, half Irish), she does look like she could be part Asian.
    Oh. Good catch.

Yes, that suggests the ultimate point of origin of the Kree-touched humans are in Asia, diffusing out from some point there.

Like, say....the Himalayas.....?

Just caught back up on the show, the last episode was great. May should of known that HYDRA was going to shoot them down when they got Raina, it was obvious. She should of shot Ward then and there, it would've been worth it.
    Also Mac better not be dead, he is a likeable character and him working with Fitz is great to watch. I want Fitz and Simmons back together, but as friends because she obviously doesn't think of him romantically but more like a brother. Having said that, at parts during the episode I just wanted them kiss already.

I'm sure Mack is still alive in there. He was able to warn Coulson to "run" even after whatever-it-is had taken control of his body.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    I think Bobbi is some kind of a double-agent for Fury.
    I don't think her intentions are bad but I think she is more loyal to Fury than to Coulson.
    I think she isn't an agent for Fury, I think she's an agent for Hill/Stark. They mentioned Hartley was in on it with her mercs, so it would make sense they were private security working for Stark, who is likely to show up in some capacity at the end of the season to tie in with Avengers. And it would prevent the twist duplication of May working for Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Art School Dropout View Post
    My guess was that it couldn't be removed and was stuck like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Seems to me that the electrical shock Agent 33 took straight to the face fried the circuits in the nanomask, freezing its nanos in that configuration and making it unable to be removed as well as permanently screwing up the voicebox changing tech.
    eh, that's fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter_peterson View Post
    I think she isn't an agent for Fury, I think she's an agent for Hill/Stark. They mentioned Hartley was in on it with her mercs, so it would make sense they were private security working for Stark, who is likely to show up in some capacity at the end of the season to tie in with Avengers. And it would prevent the twist duplication of May working for Fury.
    Wouldn't that mean Stark knows Coulson is alive? And why would it be so important to keep this from Hunter?