Page 151 of 573 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 8586
    Incredible Member

Finally got around to watching the episode and was a little disappointed. Story was alright the but the villains were lame, Press-on-razor-nails Girl and Steroid Guy.

The battle was weak as well, 2 highly trained agents against a inexperienced women with razor nails and muscle guy took longer than it should have been.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Given the mundane backstory we were told for Karla Faye Gideon, it does seem odd that she was able to stand up to Mockingbird for more than 5 seconds. Where did she learn the chop socky?

The fight against Francis Noche was a bit more plausible. He could have crushed May's skull with a single punch, so special care was needed. Still... wouldn't a couple of Icers have taken out both of them in a matter of seconds? Mr. Hyde is the only member of this group I could see shaking that off... and I'm not sure he's fully "Mr. Hyde" yet. In the diner he said he was still working on his "self-improvement." But he seemed awfully confident in the mid-season finale when he was standing there a split second from being shot by Whitehall.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    ... I'm not sure he's fully "Mr. Hyde" yet. In the diner he said he was still working on his "self-improvement." But he seemed awfully confident in the mid-season finale when he was standing there a split second from being shot by Whitehall.
    True, but he's also all-the-way-gone looney. Might not make for the best decision making.

On the other hand, there are the stories of him pretty much genociding a Chinese village in the search for his daughter. That a one-off that's he's been trying to replicate?

Fantastic Member General Nerditry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    2 highly trained agents against a inexperienced women with razor nails and muscle guy took longer than it should have been.
    Given the mundane backstory we were told for Karla Faye Gideon, it does seem odd that she was able to stand up to Mockingbird for more than 5 seconds. Where did she learn the chop socky?

The fight against Francis Noche was a bit more plausible. He could have crushed May's skull with a single punch, so special care was needed. Still... wouldn't a couple of Icers have taken out both of them in a matter of seconds? Mr. Hyde is the only member of this group I could see shaking that off... and I'm not sure he's fully "Mr. Hyde" yet. In the diner he said he was still working on his "self-improvement." But he seemed awfully confident in the mid-season finale when he was standing there a split second from being shot by Whitehall.
    Yeah, the writing since the mid-season break has felt a little sloppy. They are introducing a lot of cool ideas and going pretty comic-booky with it, so I'm willing to give them a pass for a while, but I hope they tighten it up. I thought during that fight "Why all the kung fu? Why are they fighting hand to hand? Just shoot them!" Why wouldn't an Icer be standard carry on all field missions at this point?

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by impulseucf View Post
    Yeah, the writing since the mid-season break has felt a little sloppy.
    It's almost made me wonder if they had to rush something. For example, were they waiting on green light for a direction on the season's plots from whoever's coordinating with the movie people, and then have to flesh out whatever scripts went in the approved direction?

Astonishing Member

The show has the fight problem of major characters not knowing standard firearms usage. For example, Ward - Mozambique drill. Two to the body, one to the head. That's what Skye should have done and we would be done with this whining Nazi wannabee. I'm not a Nazi - wah, wah.

I think in this episode they were wanting to give us a classic comic book Team Fight, but they're a little light on what "supervillains" they can bring out. Because of the pacing of the movie series, most of the really tough villains native to this world haven't shown up yet... it's all been Asgardians and Dark Elves and Kree and Chitauri and whatnot.

Boisterously Confused

I think in this episode they were wanting to give us a classic comic book Team Fight, but they're a little light on what "supervillains" they can bring out. Because of the pacing of the movie series, most of the really tough villains native to this world haven't shown up yet... it's all been Asgardians and Dark Elves and Kree and Chitauri and whatnot.
    It is a problem. On the other hand, I'd rather they develop one villain per film well, rather than spray the screen with pointless but familiar costumes and special effects for the sake of fan-boy service. As their classic villains have generally been one of Marvel's strengths, that's something they should be very careful in using, so I don't blame Marvel Studios wanted to be careful of how they present them, and to not waste their potential.

Of course, that's something the MCU's not hitting on all cylinders for so far.

IMO, they've only really handled Red Skull, Zola, the Absorbing Man, and (especially) Loki well. The Collector, Ronan, Stane, the Abomination, Thunderbolt Ross, and Black Lash have all been made a mess of. Algrim and the Destoryer were given far too short a shrift. And don't even get me started on either Malekith or the Mandarin. Thanos, the jury's still out on.

Incredible Member

She didn't really. The only time Karla got close to landing a hit was when she jumped at Bobbi coming in the room. Bobbi was in control the rest of the fight. Why they didn't pop Angar soon as the could, that's being sloppy.
    Sounds perfect.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    It's almost made me wonder if they had to rush something. For example, were they waiting on green light for a direction on the season's plots from whoever's coordinating with the movie people, and then have to flesh out whatever scripts went in the approved direction?

You'd think that change of course would have been to ease off the Inhumans stuff. The movie was pushed back a year to 2019 (making it come out way after I imagine AoS will have wrapped up.)

Incredible Member

It's probably time for Skye to change her ring tone. What should it be:

Elvis "All Shook Up"?

Carole King "I Feel the Earth Move"?

Taylor Swift "Shake It Off"?

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    It's probably time for Skye to change her ring tone. What should it be:

Elvis "All Shook Up"?

Carole King "I Feel the Earth Move"?

Taylor Swift "Shake It Off"?
    AC/DC "You Shook Me All Night Long"?
    Dark does not mean deep.

I see Maya Stojan is credited for this episode, so it looks like Agent 33 gets de-Mayed.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    It is a problem. On the other hand, I'd rather they develop one villain per film well, rather than spray the screen with pointless but familiar costumes and special effects for the sake of fan-boy service. As their classic villains have generally been one of Marvel's strengths, that's something they should be very careful in using, so I don't blame Marvel Studios wanted to be careful of how they present them, and to not waste their potential.

Of course, that's something the MCU's not hitting on all cylinders for so far.

IMO, they've only really handled Red Skull, Zola, the Absorbing Man, and (especially) Loki well. The Collector, Ronan, Stane, the Abomination, Thunderbolt Ross, and Black Lash have all been made a mess of. Algrim and the Destoryer were given far too short a shrift. And don't even get me started on either Malekith or the Mandarin. Thanos, the jury's still out on.
    I would swap out Red Skull for Stane as I thought that they handled Stane far better (although I didn't HATE MCU Red Skull). I'd also put Alexander Pierce on the list of villains that they've handled well.

BANNED

I see Maya Stojan is credited for this episode, so it looks like Agent 33 gets de-Mayed.
    Now, I have to stop calling her "Evil May."