Page 16 of 573 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116516 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jmacq1 View Post
    I'm not so sure on that....
    I personally estimate Garrett has a longer life ahead of him than Ward. You can always use a good bad guy, but there's only so much you can do with the assassin with the heart of gold. Having murdered SHIELD agents and betrayed the team to the enemy, he can't really work with them anymore. If he's not going to be truly a bad guy, then he can't work with HYDRA anymore. The most obvious solution is for him to die saving the team from HYDRA so they can all feel conflicted about the guy.

The only way I see Ward surviving is as an independent agent, a sort of recurring role as a guy with unknown motives and plans constantly in the background, popping up from time to time to do...something...involving whatever the current story arc is at the moment. But that's a role that it seems Deathlok is already being groomed for, so there doesn't appear to be much room for Ward there either. Perhaps Ward could start a shadow team of his own that includes Deathlok.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Jmacq1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Toonimator View Post
    Anyone else catch the names on the file drawers Coulson was looking at? "Brand Corporation Security" caught my eye... sounded familiar, but had to look it up: a subsidiary of Roxxon. Nice!
    Hank McCoy used to work for them.

Sandy Hausler
    Didn't Hawkeye at one point, too? Or was that Cross?
    It was Cross. That's where Hawkeye met Mockingbird, and where one of the coolest solo stories ever written about Hawkeye took place.
    images.jpg

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I personally estimate Garrett has a longer life ahead of him than Ward. You can always use a good bad guy, but there's only so much you can do with the assassin with the heart of gold. Having murdered SHIELD agents and betrayed the team to the enemy, he can't really work with them anymore. If he's not going to be truly a bad guy, then he can't work with HYDRA anymore. The most obvious solution is for him to die saving the team from HYDRA so they can all feel conflicted about the guy.

The only way I see Ward surviving is as an independent agent, a sort of recurring role as a guy with unknown motives and plans constantly in the background, popping up from time to time to do...something...involving whatever the current story arc is at the moment. But that's a role that it seems Deathlok is already being groomed for, so there doesn't appear to be much room for Ward there either. Perhaps Ward could start a shadow team of his own that includes Deathlok.
    Unless Deathlok is going to be moved out to something of his own. He'd make a good frienemy for either Daredevil or Luke Cage in the upcoming Netflix series. Left as a regular presence on MAoS, his abilities would start to overshadow the others.

Fantastic Member

I'm surprised no one commented on the fact that hydra seems to be doing a much better job getting back into the government and the private sector than shield. Cybertech seemed more interested in hydras scientists than Shields and Quinn was about to put hydra super soldiers on the government payroll. They seem well on there way back to at least where they were before if not better off.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chico25 View Post
    I'm surprised no one commented on the fact that hydra seems to be doing a much better job getting back into the government and the private sector than shield. Cybertech seemed more interested in hydras scientists than Shields and Quinn was about to put hydra super soldiers on the government payroll. They seem well on there way back to at least where they were before if not better off.
    That's because "cut one head off and two shall take its place" is a much more effective corporate strategy than "everything pretty much goes to Hell until Nick Fury pops out of hiding again."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    What was that? I just watched the scene again, an didn't see anything like that.
    May's line "Watch out Hydra, here we come" was a take on the Invaders rallying cry, "Okay Axis, here we come."

Garrett's "training" of Ward seemed a bit contradictory, he told him to "don't trust anyone, not even me...attachment is weakness" but wants Ward to follow him loyally and blindly.

If Ward is capable of feeling love or loyalty than he doesn't fit the definitions of Anti-Social Personality Disorder/Psychopathy/Sociopathy.

Wouldn't scientists exposed as Hydra employees be arrested?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dr. doctor View Post
    My issue with Quinn's plan of attempting to sell Centipede to the military is that after the Hulk, Abomination, and all of the other attempts to recreate Cap failed, why would the army still be willing to invest in supersoldier tech?
    Well, you said it yourself. Those were considered failures. If you show them a product that works, why wouldn't they be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    So we finally got the real story on Ward (props to maczero who, if memory serves, made the closest guess, right down to him burning down the family home).
    I don't think I guessed that Ward burned down the family home but I'll take the props anyway.

I'm willing to bet at least half of FitzSimmons is still alive.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cadet View Post
    Garrett's "training" of Ward seemed a bit contradictory, he told him to "don't trust anyone, not even me...attachment is weakness" but wants Ward to follow him loyally and blindly.

If Ward is capable of feeling love or loyalty than he doesn't fit the definitions of Anti-Social Personality Disorder/Psychopathy/Sociopathy.
    Yeah, that's why I don't think he's a sociopath, he's just messed up because of his childhood and Garrett.

Isn't most brainwashing/cultist behavior contradictory like that?

Wouldn't scientists exposed as Hydra employees be arrested?
    I think we're assuming the Hydra scientists haven't been exposed as Hydra and are getting hired as "former SHIELD" scientists.

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    I'm willing to bet at least half of FitzSimmons is still alive.
    Or that they'll get a death scene in which they finally act on their feelings before they drown together, ala Sun and Jin in "LOST" (hope that's not a spoiler for anyone, at this point. ;P).
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    I think we're assuming the Hydra scientists haven't been exposed as Hydra and are getting hired as "former SHIELD" scientists.
    When May and Coulson were being interviewed, the Cybertek rep said that they'd talked to former Hydra scientists and commented that they had better ideas and were younger. And since Cybertek has apparently been doing business with Hydra for years, I doubt there'd be much concern about them turning in any Hydra techs who came in.

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    I don't think I guessed that Ward burned down the family home
    Really? Someone mentioned that as part of their speculation; I thought it was you. Oh well.
    Last edited by kalorama; 05-07-2014 at 08:45 AM.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    When May and Coulson were being interviewed, the Cybertek rep specifically said that they'd talked to former Hydra scientists and commented that they had better ideas and were younger.
    Oh! Hah. I missed that. I thought they were just talking about "other" SHIELD scientists, lol. I would be confused about Hydra scientists openly identifying themselves as such while looking for work in the private sector, but this is Ian Quinn's company, so they're probably more lax about the whole terrorist thing.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Extraordinary Member

So who here thinks a certain eye patch wearing mother F*cker will be showing up next week?

It seems like they are trying to lay out that Ward even feels an emotional attachment to Garret(who has tried to break him of it).

Seems like it is more about Garret than Ward.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deadxman View Post
    So who here thinks a certain eye patch wearing mother F*cker will be showing up next week?
    considering they announced that weeks ago and he's in the trailer...yes

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deadxman View Post
    It's been confirmed on this board and in the previews that he'll be in the season finale.