Page 18 of 573 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118518 ... LastLast

The only problem I had with this episode was the the Ward flashback scenes. So basically Ward was just chillin in the wilderness for X number of years before going into Shield? I just don't think I can buy into Ward's loyalty to Garrett after all of that. And for me, the backstory just seems kind of boring. I mean really. He really just spent years in the wilderness? I dunno. I guess I expected something better than "Ward, the one who loves and is one with nature." I can't really put into words why it leaves me feeling cold, but there you go. Just odd. Everything else was golden. I thought Raina was actually gonna kill Garrett when she told Ward she was gonna watch him.
    Last edited by Saturius; 05-07-2014 at 04:33 PM.

Incredible Member

Ward was in the wilderness for six months, not years. When Garrett picked him up, he taking Ward to SHIELD training.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    The only problem I had with this episode was the the Ward flashback scenes. So basically Ward was just chillin in the wilderness for X number of years before going into Shield? I just don't think I can buy into Ward's loyalty to Garrett after all of that. And for me, the backstory just seems kind of boring. I mean really. He really just spent years in the wilderness? I dunno. I guess I expected something better than "Ward, the one who loves and is one with nature." I can't really put into words why it leaves me feeling cold, but there you go. Just odd. Everything else was golden. I thought Raina was actually gonna kill Garrett when she told Ward she was gonna watch him.
    They specifically say he only spent six months in the ''wild''.

I know it was only six months after Garrett first dropped him off alone. Ward says that after he threatens Garrett with the shotgun. But then when they transitioned to an older Ward(and they used the actual actor to portray him) it wasn't clear to me if they both just revisited the spot where Ward was originally left, or that Ward actually chose to be off the grid (with visits from Garrett) in the wilderness for x number of years later. I believe it was 5 years later as well according to the subtitle on the screen.
    Last edited by Saturius; 05-07-2014 at 06:01 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Deadxman View Post
    So who here thinks a certain eye patch wearing mother F*cker will be showing up next week?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Anyone else crack up over the "Get ready for a large transfer" scene? For me, that was hilarious.
    Absolutely! It was the funniest scene of the season for me.

Boisterously Confused

I know it was only six months after Garrett first dropped him off alone. Ward says that after he threatens Garrett with the shotgun. But then when they transitioned to an older Ward(and they used the actual actor to portray him) it wasn't clear to me if they both just revisited the spot where Ward was originally left, or that Ward actually chose to be off the grid (with visits from Garrett) in the wilderness for x number of years later. I believe it was 5 years later as well according to the subtitle on the screen.
    Nothing says he was living there full time. Think about it: Ward speaks multiple languages. Garrett's a full time SHIELD (mole) Agent. Somewhere, Ward's got to get an education and Garrett can't have the time to provide it.

Odds are, Ward was living somewhere else, probably going to a boarding school and college, and the "10 Years Ago" scene was just a camping trip.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Nothing says he was living there full time. Think about it: Ward speaks multiple languages. Garrett's a full time SHIELD (mole) Agent. Somewhere, Ward's got to get an education and Garrett can't have the time to provide it.

Odds are, Ward was living somewhere else, probably going to a boarding school and college, and the "10 Years Ago" scene was just a camping trip.
    Um, I'm pretty sure he learned all those languages, fight skills, etc. from SHIELD Academy, Operations Division. Whatever Garrett didn't teach him, anyway.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Thennary Nak View Post
    I loved Tripplet since he first showed up and I was happy to see him join the team. I would like to see his character get more depth, though I understand why it would be hard to do at this point. I just hope the show doesn't do something infuriating and kill him off soon and we get a second season so we get to see more of him. Especially since his legacy connection should be interesting to have if the rumors are true and we will also get an Agent Carter series to air between AoS seasons.
    I like Tripp a lot. And I liked Ward before the turn...but he's definitely more interesting now. I kinda had the feeling that the earlier episodes were only scratching the surface with Ward. I was waiting for them to do more with the character...and they did (just not in a way that I expected lol). Can't wait to actually hear the renewal announcement. The show started out slow, but it's been pretty consistently entertaining since the mid-season finale and the Cap 2 follow-up episode was awesome. This doesn't really surprise me though. A lot of Joss Whedon's shows start off slow and get better later in the season.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Um, I'm pretty sure he learned all those languages, fight skills, etc. from SHIELD Academy, Operations Division. Whatever Garrett didn't teach him, anyway.
    Didn't say he learned all the languages or any of the fight skills at school. An organization of SHIELD's caliber is going to require some base of education for its operation recruits. Ward wasn't going to learn all that hanging out in the wilderness.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post

Or it was a meet up point where they discussed Hydra stuff. As for Sky I think she maybe a Deviant.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

I thought Raina was going to kill him, too, lol.

Did you forget the part where Garrett busted him out from jail, saving him from a life locked up and totally ruined? Of course Ward feels like he owes Garrett everything. And like someone else pointed out, they said it was six months in the wild, raiding camps for supplies and such.

Oh, wait, and five years after that. Yeah, my bad. But Garrett came back for him after six months.

Quote Originally Posted by o1pickleboy View Post
    Or it was a meet up point where they discussed Hydra stuff. As for Sky I think she maybe a Deviant.
    Oh, nice theory! After all, I don't think they've ever sold the movie/tv rights to Deviants, so they can totally use it.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    I thought Raina was going to kill him, too, lol.

Did you forget the part where Garrett busted him out from jail, saving him from a life locked up and totally ruined? Of course Ward feels like he owes Garrett everything. And like someone else pointed out, they said it was six months in the wild, raiding camps for supplies and such.

Oh, wait, and five years after that. Yeah, my bad. But Garrett came back for him after six months.

Oh, nice theory! After all, I don't think they've ever sold the movie/tv rights to Deviants, so they can totally use it.
    I was thinking that maybe she was gonna end up being some Alien, a Kree I suppose??but anything is possible she has been so vague in terms of character development and foreshadowing anything is fair game.

Triplett is so much better than Ward. I really hope he is permanent.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    So is he gonna be in it?