Page 19 of 573 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119519 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    So is he gonna be in it?
    No , he's not. They are just using his "name" to promote the show , they'll keep advertising him every episode next season and he'll never appear.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    So is he gonna be in it?
    Likely so, given the ''Marvel Guest Star''. I wouldn't expect for something longer than the one from ep 2, though.

Quote Originally Posted by chico25 View Post
    I'm surprised no one commented on the fact that hydra seems to be doing a much better job getting back into the government and the private sector than shield. Cybertech seemed more interested in hydras scientists than Shields and Quinn was about to put hydra super soldiers on the government payroll. They seem well on there way back to at least where they were before if not better off.
    They're sociopaths. Naturally they'd do better in the world of big business.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    May's line "Watch out Hydra, here we come" was a take on the Invaders rallying cry, "Okay Axis, here we come."
    Okay, that's obscure!

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Absolutely! It was the funniest scene of the season for me.
    Most of the comic relief moments in the last couple of episodes made me cringe, but that was a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    Likely so, given the ''Marvel Guest Star''. I wouldn't expect for something longer than the one from ep 2, though.
    "Agent Coulson, this is Abigail Brand. Welcome to level 11."

I would love this for the last scene, but I guess Abigail rights belong to Fox?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nukky View Post

I think she is Marvel's. Where she debuted is irrelevant (as seen with Wolverine and The Hulk's rights being separate). I really don't understand the loop holes they play with though, I still don't get how Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch can exist in the two continuities.

It probably wont be Abigail Brand, but that's an awesome idea for the Series 2 finale, SWORD is something they probably want to leave for the movies before they get to the show, though.

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Abigail Brand would probably be in the same boat as Scarlet Witch and Quick Silver - where both company can use the character with certain limitation

Quote Originally Posted by AZBarbarian View Post
    Triplett is so much better than Ward. I really hope he is permanent.
    I like Triplett, but Ward actually ended up being a pretty darn cool character.

Ward really is almost a metaphor for the show... it got a lot better once you realized what was really going on.

It would almost be ironic if that were the case, considering Joss created the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Okay, that's obscure!
    Speaking of obscure, am I the only one who noticed the barbershop motif. Hydra has taken over SHIELD's barber shop, where an agent would sit in a chair and the chair would descend into SHIELD headquarters. I don't believe anyone mentioned that in the old thread or the new.

Sandy Hausler

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by 5Eyes View Post
    Abigail Brand would probably be in the same boat as Scarlet Witch and Quick Silver - where both company can use the character with certain limitation
    She can't be. Abigail Brand didn't even exist when that contact was drawn up.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Ward really is almost a metaphor for the show... it got a lot better once you realized what was really going on.
    I wish they would've given Ward a bit more personality from the beginning. I think the audience would've really felt the same sense of betrayal that the team felt if he were someone we had grown to care about. For a lot people, evil Ward is just better than bland Ward.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Speaking of obscure, am I the only one who noticed the barbershop motif. Hydra has taken over SHIELD's barber shop, where an agent would sit in a chair and the chair would descend into SHIELD headquarters. I don't believe anyone mentioned that in the old thread or the new.
    Did that orginate with SHIELD comics? I've seen the barber shop thing in at least a half dozen other works of fiction.

Any word on renewal status yet? The season definitely was a slowburn but once it took off it really cranked up. Episode 21 was easily the best episode of the season. I loved Coulson's reaction to seeing Sitwell's Grandfather's old Spy Case. He was like a little kid in a candy store. Everyone was really.

My only hope is that the slow start didn't drive away too many people in terms of viewership. I read somewhere that ratings had been steadily declining.

I can hardly wait for the finale.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    Did that orginate with SHIELD comics? I've seen the barber shop thing in at least a half dozen other works of fiction.
    The Cuban barber shop secret base almost certainly predates the first mention of SHIELD in a comic.