Page 24 of 573 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124524 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Some random superhero like Namor or Stingray (who?) appearing out of the blue like a big, spandexy deus ex machina to save them would be the worst kind of storytelling.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    I think so. I think it sunk like a stone. I'm also under the impression that it's made of metal.

I swear, I watched the episode twice, and I'm pretty sure. Would be bad if I was wrong about this. ;P
    Just watched it again and it's inconclusive. The size of the splash completely obscures the crate.

However, there would have to be massive holes for the water to get in and displace the air for it to sink like a stone. I think at the least it will float for an hour or two. Potentially it will float indefinitely.

Which makes sense as I'm pretty sure Ward would not kill those two in cold blood, or even attempt to.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Just watched it again and it's inconclusive. The size of the splash completely obscures the crate.

However, there would have to be massive holes for the water to get in and displace the air for it to sink like a stone. I think at the least it will float for an hour or two. Potentially it will float indefinitely.

Which makes sense as I'm pretty sure Ward would not kill those two in cold blood, or even attempt to.
    Thanks for re-checking and for the heads up.

I still think that, in Ward's mind, he was killing them. Whether they end up dead or not (the good guys could re-trace the flight path, hopefully), is another thing entirely.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Black Manta should show up to save them. That would really mess with people.

Thanks for re-checking and for the heads up.

I still think that, in Ward's mind, he was killing them. Whether they end up dead or not (the good guys could re-trace the flight path, hopefully), is another thing entirely.
    I think in Wards mind, they had a chance to survive. He's smart enough to know that you're not dead until you're dead. He followed orders in that he did place them in a situation where they SHOULD die. But there's a small window for them to possibly survive, which I HONESTLY believe he's hoping for.

None of which is my attempt at excusing Ward in any way... but I don't think his actions or intent is entirely clear cut even to himself.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    He jettisoned them from a moving plane into the middle of the ocean, trapped in a sealed box with no food, water, or means to contact help and no obvious, immediate hope of aid or rescue (at least as far as he knows). That sounds like killing them to me, just more slowly and cruelly.

That said, I do believe Fitz still had the comm/tracker coin from Grandad's spy kit on him, so he should be able to get a signal out to Coulson and CO.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think in Wards mind, they had a chance to survive. He's smart enough to know that you're not dead until you're dead. He followed orders in that he did place them in a situation where they SHOULD die. But there's a small window for them to possibly survive, which I HONESTLY believe he's hoping for.

None of which is my attempt at excusing Ward in any way... but I don't think his actions or intent is entirely clear cut even to himself.
    But the only reason he jettisoned the cargo pod because they refused to come out of it. Had they come out--which he tried to get them to do--he would have basically had no choice but to kill them. So if he viewed chucking them into the ocean as some kind of act of mercy, he likely wouldn't have bothered trying to coax them out or struggled with it before pushing the button (given the alternative).

Yeah, maybe it just dropped down and immediately bobbed back up.

But I'm putting my money on Fitz and Simmons being in danger on the finale, lol.
    Exaplaining how they lived though the impact would be step one, they should look like puddles of strawberry jam

In The real World Meal cargo containers float very well, especially when essentially empty

I think so. I think it sunk like a stone. I'm also under the impression that it's made of metal.
    Ships are also made of metal, and they seem to go okay.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

And now all I can think of is David Letterman "Will it float?!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    Exaplaining how they lived though the impact would be step one, they should look like puddles of strawberry jam
    When Garrett gave the order to take off, they made a point of him instructing the pilot to fly low over the water and at low speed to avoid radar detection, which would have minimized the impact of the rate hitting the water..

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    When Garrett gave the order to take off, they made a point of him instructing the pilot to fly low over the water and at low speed to avoid radar detection, which would have minimized the impact of the rate hitting the water..
    Even very ow speed and altitude for a jet transport, not in Hover would make them jam, Hovering at that atltidude would still make them jam, Moving at low flight speed would make them jam eve if there was no fall.

BANNED

It's not really a hard science fiction series wherein the real laws of physics have a great deal of relevance.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It's not really a hard science fiction series wherein the real laws of physics have a great deal of relevance.
    Plus in a comic book universe there are ways around that. It could easily be a room lined with vibranium or something like that. As far as them surviving the impact, it's probably not something we should be losing too much sleep over one way or the other.

BANNED

I enjoyed watching them scream as Ward hit the button

die lab rats

DIE

#HailHydra

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    I enjoyed watching them scream as Ward hit the button

die lab rats

DIE

#HailHydra
    This made me smile.

(Even though I've become a FitzSimmons fan by now....)