Page 3 of 573 FirstFirst 12345671353103503 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member General Nerditry's Avatar

Good episode. This show has just been on point for weeks.

Yeah, this show has been a lot of fun since the whole Hydra thing was revealed.

And obviously they're not afraid to shake up the status quo. I'm wondering how half a dozen guys in a hotel room is going to take on Hydra at this point. No plane, no HQ... they do seem pretty screwed at the moment. I wonder how things will turn around.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Yeah, this show has been a lot of fun since the whole Hydra thing was revealed.

And obviously they're not afraid to shake up the status quo. I'm wondering how half a dozen guys in a hotel room is going to take on Hydra at this point. No plane, no HQ... they do seem pretty screwed at the moment. I wonder how things will turn around.
    HYDRA'S probably in just as much disarray as SHIELD is at the moment though. Its something I would very much like to see addressed on the show soon, as in the characters wondering who exactly is in charge of HYDRA right now. Pierce was obviously way up there in their ranks, and the infiltration of SHIELD and Project Insight was a huge plan literally decades in the works. With it failing the way it did, there's probably a power struggle in the remaining HYDRA ranks and lots of regrouping going on over on their side of things too. Only reason we don't see evidence of this with Garrett and his men is Garrett made it clear he doesn't really give a crap about HYDRA. He's only with them to further his own agendas, and as far as he's concerned, he's doing just fine.

Course, as much as Coulson and the team talk about going after HYDRA, they're really only concerned with Garrett (and Ward) right now anyway.

Edit: I'm also wondering after last episode what the chances are that we'll see a new hero or villain that resulted from the experiments done with the Guest House and Project Tahiti. I highly doubt they'll make Captain Marvel a product of Project Tahiti, but are there any other Kree related or derived heroes/villains that could be introduced this way? (Or well, whoever the blue guy is, but I'm 99% convinced its a Kree). From the way Coulson talked about how disturbed he was by what they'd done during the project, I could easily see them introducing a villain that holds a grudge against Coulson for Tahiti experiments done to them.
    Last edited by Kalen O.; 05-01-2014 at 12:10 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hamdinger View Post
    I just hope that Deathlok starts getting more battle damage and some of his fake skin gets missing and body parts get replaced so he starts looking like he did when the showed that xray like scan of whats under the surface. But TV budget might prevent that. However on a lot of scifi shows there are great looking aliens in every episode like G'Karr on Babylon 5 and that was 20 years ago so really theres no excuse.
    Depends on what the hardware is and where they put it.

If it's over the jaw and mouth (like the classic Deathlok look) as opposed to the ears and top of the head, it's going to be a trickier problem than most non-industry people think. If it's like a face badge like Voyager's 7 of 9, that's easier than something that interferes with jaw movement and articulation.

From the way things with Ward went last episode, I really hope they don't try to redeem him after all he has done, his wavering during the Deathlok/Skye scene started the set up for his redemption. I could see redeeming himself while dying, but if he is taken back on the team, I wouldn't believe that is possible

Dalton really showed his acting chops in this episode as Evil Ward. The meltdown from Fitz was crazy. Everything is really starting to fall apart for the troops. Maria Hill was right. There is no organization anymore and this is now kind of a personal vendetta. At least Coulson is doing the right thing though. His life has been F'd with and the latest reveal at the end makes matters even worse. He still keeps trucking on though and to this point still hasn't lost hope that self-righteousness will prevail.

And man, I really don't like Deathlok's costume. It just really cheap looking and the TV budget is starting to show. And does he have to make squeek like an old wheelbarrow when he walks around? LOL.

Fantastic Member

Ward was my favorite character before the reveal and still is. I hope they do not kill him. I would like a villain Ward, but the problem is, that in fiction unfortunately the villain has to lose and I would not like to see Ward fail repeatedly.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hamdinger View Post
    I just hope that Deathlok starts getting more battle damage and some of his fake skin gets missing and body parts get replaced so he starts looking like he did when the showed that xray like scan of whats under the surface.
    Well, Marvel is going the opposite and making a Deathlok that looks like Mike Peterson
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=52475
    deathlokdesign-d7f91.jpg

I'm watching this show in the UK and am therefore only skimming in case of spoilers as we're a couple of episodes behind, but I watched "Turn, Turn, Turn" last night and it was fantastic. This show has really improved since the early episodes where I did actually stop watching at some point, but the fallout from Winter Soldier has made me invested in this show again. I jumped back on board with Yes Men and it's been stellar.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Triplett is black is his ancestors?
    That's usually how it works.

When May climbed out of the grave, I wanted her to say to the guy, "I got better."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    I remember an article mentioning Sam L. Jackson would make another appearance this season, well with one more episode left I'll assume it's the finale, which if they want the series to continue would make sense after this episode of Hill trying to drive in the fact that Shield's dead, Coulson and co. will need a reason to keep on going if there's a season 3.

And come on Phil, was can assume Thor at least knows you're back now, why not clue in the other Avengers as well? Hell I think Tony was as devastated by his death as any other member if not moreso.
    No , Phil told Sif to keep his resurrection away from thor as he wanted to tell the big guy himself but i guess with everything that has happened , Phil has hardly the chance to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    That's usually how it works.
    Well, many of the ancestors but doesn't have to be all of them.

Now, in The Root, Harvard African-American studies professor Henry Louis Gates continues on with his interest in ancestry testing, providing some updating for the preliminary data in my 2002 article. Gates writes:

* According to Ancestry.com, the average African American is 65 percent sub-Saharan African, 29 percent European and 2 percent Native American.

* According to 23andme.com, the average African American is 75 percent sub-Saharan African, 22 percent European and only 0.6 percent Native American.

* According to Family Tree DNA.com, the average African American is 72.95 percent sub-Saharan African, 22.83 percent European and 1.7 percent Native American.

* According to National Geographic's Genographic Project, the average African American is 80 percent sub-Saharan African, 19 percent European and 1 percent Native American.
    Exactly How 'Black' is Black America?
    Last edited by PretenderNX01; 05-01-2014 at 04:12 AM.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it was the dude on the right.

More than likely but I'm still guessing the dude on the left.