Page 357 of 573 FirstFirst ... 257307347353354355356357358359360361367407457 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,355 of 8586

I just realized the 'Spies' Goodbye' scene was referenced in the Wondercon poster that was announced a few weeks ago.

Bluebird

And by the time everyone at WonderCon gets that poster, it's already aired.

As Bobby and Hunter (especially Hunter) are the 2 of the ensemble I can't stand, I really couldn't have given 2 cents about this episode.
    And the dialogue was partially downright atrocious, especially Hunter and his mushroom bullshit.
    All in all, I feel like this didn't really do much for the overall story. Felt more like a poorly disguised pilot for Most Wanted.

Only the scene with Malick's daughter surprised me. Wonder how she is gonna fit into the show?

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Only the scene with Malick's daughter surprised me. Wonder how she is gonna fit into the show?
    Seeing as Malick is the last head of Hydra, once he dies in the season finale, his daughter will take his place and become Madame Hydra/Viper.

Seeing as Malick is the last head of Hydra
    Is he though?
    I can at least remember that guy from Ant Man.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen O. View Post
    No I get what they were TRYING to do, I understand all that.

I just don't think they pulled it off at all, is what I'm saying. Its the in-story logic that confuses me. I don't feel that they made their case for why Bobbi and Hunter couldn't come back to SHIELD in secret, even after being disavowed...since SHIELD officially doesn't exist. Its disavowal of them doesn't really mean anything. I feel like the episode basically just told us 'well, they're done with SHIELD now, they can never work with them again' just because that's what the episode needed to do for the sake of the new show. It doesn't actually feel at all believable that they're just done with SHIELD and they can't find a way to work with them again when the entire point of SHIELD right now is it doesn't exist and everything it does and everyone who works for it is disavowed by all official channels to begin with.
    That was kind of how I felt. Pretty much everything that happened in the show was a contrivance designed to usher Bobbi and Hunter out the door, right down to excluding Lincoln and Joey from the mission so they could have the big emotional goodbye with the longest-tenured characters.

I don't know how to feel. The episode was emotional and nice and everything but it was...weird. I think it can be a consent that it was a bit too forced. As far as I know they were part of the regular cast, so they shouldn't have left so soon, I mean, Most Wanted didn't even started filming.
    About characters/actors coming back after a failed spinoff, it happened on Pretty Little Liars, and it's from ABC Family(now Freeform) so I guess it's easily possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't know how to feel. The episode was emotional and nice and everything but it was...weird. I think it can be a consent that it was a bit too forced. As far as I know they were part of the regular cast, so they shouldn't have left so soon, I mean, Most Wanted didn't even started filming.
    The showrunners explained in a handful of interviews that they left the show so early exactly so they could go shoot that pilot.

They said the alternative was for them to disappear for a couple of episodes, then come back, then leave again... and they felt it would probably be a cleaner exit if they just left now. (The same interviews made it sound like they have shot a lot of it already.) http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/23...-exit-spoilers

... but in the end, they made Mack cry. It'll take me awhile to get over that.

I'm worried about Most Wanted. MAOS don't exactly have too much fans, and everyone is already judging because of it, and for being about Bobbi and Hunter, and being on ABC, everything. That's why I wish it was "Mockingbird", but I guess they really want Hunter to get the same focus as Bobbi. But it would probably be better for marketing, as Mockingbird is a hero with a current solo book. The sinergy, Marvel!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'm worried about Most Wanted. MAOS don't exactly have too much fans, and everyone is already judging because of it, and for being about Bobbi and Hunter, and being on ABC, everything. That's why I wish it was "Mockingbird", but I guess they really want Hunter to get the same focus as Bobbi. But it would probably be better for marketing, as Mockingbird is a hero with a current solo book. The sinergy, Marvel!
    Calling it Mockingbird would have zero impact from a marketing standpoint because no one outside of comics fans (and people who watch AoS) has any idea who Mockingbird is, so that name wouldn't attract viewers any more (or less) than Marvel's Most Wanted. Conversely, the name "Marvel's Most Wanted" doesn't explicitly tie it to Agents of SHIELD, so that name alone won't deter viewers. Bottom line is that the people who hate AOS aren't likely to watch Most Wanted and the people who like AoS are likely to at least give it a shot, regardless of the name. And for people who have no particular opinion either way, neither name is likely to have any particular effect on their decision whether to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Calling it Mockingbird would have zero impact from a marketing standpoint because no one outside of comics fans (and people who watch AoS) has any idea who Mockingbird is, so that name wouldn't attract viewers any more (or less) than Marvel's Most Wanted. Conversely, the name "Marvel's Most Wanted" doesn't explicitly tie it to Agents of SHIELD, so that name alone won't deter viewers. Bottom line is that the people who hate AOS aren't likely to watch Most Wanted and the people who like AoS are likely to at least give it a shot, regardless of the name. And for people who have no particular opinion either way, neither name is likely to have any particular effect on their decision whether to watch it.
    I think what we really need to hope for is a good time slot and a good marketing campaign. Those both matter more than the name.

I won't lie, the end of this episode got me a little dusty.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lilyinblue View Post
    I think what we really need to hope for is a good time slot and a good marketing campaign. Those both matter more than the name.
    I think having the show focus primarily on the relationship between the two characters would also work in its favor. I think too many of the superhero shows grow the casts too quickly and end up with a surplus of characters and not nearly enough for them to do that really matters. Make them the clear leads as opposed to trying to create a more egalitarian ensemble feel.

The episode really didn't feel like a backdoor pilot considering it was very SHIELD focused and built on the current storyline. But it was making a point of selling Bobbi, as she was clearly the most versatile and competent agent on the field and arguably on the show.

I do get how their being written off was kinda clumsy but it was never going to be especially satisfying given that they chose a bureaucratic complication to get them off the show. It was a Burn Notice without the fun that follows. Anticlimactic until that farewell.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    I think having the show focus primarily on the relationship between the two characters would also work in its favor. I think too many of the superhero shows grow the casts too quickly and end up with a surplus of characters and not nearly enough for them to do that really matters. Make them the clear leads as opposed to trying to create a more egalitarian ensemble feel.
    Right now Marvel's Most Wanted just seems to be a TV movie.