Page 36 of 573 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136536 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    well at least one of the lab rats is gone and Wards still a bad guy so im Ok with how the season ended
    Um...i think you didn't understand something about the end of the show.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Um...i think you didn't understand something about the end of the show.
    Simmons is a turnip and Ward is going to a very tiny box

what is there not to get?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Strictly speaking, the only reason they escaped was because Nick Fury was paying attention. They'd both have drowned otherwise.
    What irritated me most about the show, irrationally enough, was why a box filled with air was sitting underwater.

BANNED

What irritated me most about the show, irrationally enough, was why a box filled with air was sitting underwater.
    They explained it with some kind of technobable, didn't they?

BANNED

The worst that could be said about Simmons is that she is worried about Fitz. The worst that could be said about Fitz is that he is in unknown but serious condition.

Apparently you didn't get quite a lot.

I really don't see any problems with redeeming Ward since in comics every hero has gone through a phase of morally grey. Cap was an asshole in AvX, Iron Man did some really questionable things in Civil War and Scarlet Witch did some really awful things, yet they are all considered to be heroes now. And Namor has been a supervillain multiple times. So redeeming Ward won't be impossible and Loeb pretty much already confirmed that that's where they're heading with him in the future which was kind of disappointing, they didn't have to flat out reveal it.

BANNED

A lot of the problem would be Coulson allowing him back in. He is director of SHIELD now, and with so few agents it would be necesary to trust his team.
    No matter what he does, everybody else would look at him as a double agent for Hydra.

Personally I hope he never gets redeem. That actor plays to good of a villain.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vidocq View Post
    yes, those crates are designed to fit in different SHIELD vehicles...air, space, submersible, so they are all self contained

BANNED

The worst that could be said about Simmons is that she is worried about Fitz. The worst that could be said about Fitz is that he is in unknown but serious condition.

Apparently you didn't get quite a lot.
    oh you don't understand

I don't like the lab rats so being minus one is a plus for me

also this turn has made Ward a ton more interesting

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    OHMYGOD! Thank you so much for posting these! I'm not usually too big into fan art but these were perfect!
    You're welcome! Glad a few people here enjoyed the bit of fun. Sent you a couple of links in a PM if you want to look at some more. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    It won't be on at the same time as Person of Interest will it? Cause it'd suck having to choose between the two.
    Nope! And thank goodness, too. They're both on Tuesday, but at this point, the schedules say that S.H.I.E.L.D. will be on at 9pm and Person of Interest will be on at 10pm.

Additionally, I forget if I mentioned this before, but "Marvel's Agent Carter" will bridge the Fall 2014 and Winter (approx. Jan/Feb/Mar) 2015 portions of the show. Which means fewer long breaks without any new Marvel episodes at all. Yay.

I loved that moment. "I know how it works."
    And the whole back and forth between Fury and Coulson was great.
    "You didn't tell me he had gone this crazy." "He really stepped it up a notch."
    Bwahaha. Yeah, those were funny moments.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Not as long as PoI stays at 10. And yeah, I'd be unable to choose either... so much so I'm now pining for a crossover. Although Root and the cellist being identical twins doesn't quite work, does it? Maybe there's cloning in the MCU.

And that would make the Zola algorithm, assuming it survived in some fashion, the Third AI.
    That would make for an awkward reunion "But that's our badass Root!" "Um, you mean our kind-hearted Cellist...?" ;P

Good point about the Zola algorithm being a third AI "God" hah.

Possibly fourth. Technically first in terms of age.
    It'd go:
    1. Zola algorithm (those computers were from what, 60s? 70s?)
    2. The Machine (response to 9/11, came online mid/late 00s)
    3. JARVIS (I guess he counts as AI)
    4. Samaritan (on now, bwahahahaha!)
    and future:
    5. Ultron
    Great, now I want to see this crossover!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    They did kill off Garrett.

Sandy Hausler
    Right, sorry, I meant one of our heroes.

I prefer clones ala Orphan Black, I think. That way we could work in Winifred Burkle as well. It even makes sense that some of the Acker line would go into science and computing, and another into music, since there's a known association between the parts of the brain that are wired for excellence in music and mathematics.

Heh, maybe Decima could be behind that as well. Of course, it'll backfire when they think they've spotted Root (for some reason not hiding under the spoilers:
    new identity the Machine crafted for her
    end of spoilers), and it turns out to be Illyria, God-King of the Primordium.
    Love this! Amy Acker could play them all wonderfully, heh. I know we're waaaaaaay off-topic here, but... it even makes sense on an intelligence level; Winifred Burkle and Root were both geniuses, just as each of the clones on Orphan Black were seen to have an above average intelligence level of sorts despite all their variations.

Was anybody else dissapointed that he just yelled a little at Fury and then sort of forgot to ask about the dead blue giant alien?
    Bwahah. Me! Totally. Good point. I mean, come on, man... I guess when he found out that he was the one running T.A.H.I.T.I. before, he decided it wasn't as important to know/relearn the specifics of the mystery anymore...?

...I think you mean to say Fitz is a vegetable. And they didn't say that, they just said he may never be the same again. There's lots of degrees between "perfectly okay" and "totally brain dead." If you're going to keep calling them the insulting name of "lab rats," the least you could do is make some effort to pay attention to the show we're discussing.

Yeah, something about the box being one of the parts of the plane programmed to equalize pressure, so it just kept getting denser/heavier until it sunk to the bottom. I wasn't really paying attention (I'll pay more attention on my second viewing of the episode), since I knew it was just going to be some science nonsense excuse, lol.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

BANNED

oh you don't understand

I don't like the lab rats so being minus one is a plus for me

also this turn has made Ward a ton more interesting
    We aren't minus one though. Again, seems like you missed some details.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Was anybody else dissapointed that he just yelled a little at Fury and then sort of forgot to ask about the dead blue giant alien?
    I don't think he forgot, he said he and Fury needed to have a long conversation about it later. There just wasn't time for it then.

well at least one of the lab rats is gone and Wards still a bad guy so im Ok with how the season ended
    I know you have a hate-on for them but I doubt either are "gone" any more than Chloe was when they killed her off on Smallville's one finale. She sat out an episode and then was there later.

I will agree, Grant is just more interesting as a bad guy. I'm sure they can try and find some comic book way of making him good but I just don't want them to. I'm ok with them need him for a mission or for intel but don't try to act like it's all ok now.

While they say anybody can be redeemed in an interview with TV Guide I thought this was interesting:
    TVG: What lessons did you learn from the first season?
    Bell: People like Dark Ward.

BANNED

I suspect your enthusiasm for Fitz's departure is most likely premature. I'd be shocked if he wasn't back on the show next season. If that weren't the case, they'd have just killed him outright.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    TVG: What lessons did you learn from the first season?
    Bell: People like Dark Ward.
    sometimes the consumer gets it right

give the people what they want

Extraordinary Member

Fury couldn't have all those black sites around with the Koenig brothers staffing them if he hadn't established some major shadow bank accounts as well. Presumably, the keys (or cube) to the mansion include the needed info like Swiss bank account and wire transfer numbers.

If Fury ever really does go down, wouldn't be surprised if it was Al Capone style, at the hands (or spreadsheets) of forensic accountants, and with charges of embezzlement and fraud rather than espionage or treason.
    Given how paranoid MCU Fury is, he'd of created clandestine accounts for just such an eventuality.

616 Fury is exactly the same way. Nobody questioned exactly how he funded the Secret Warriors. That the guy has dozens of bunkers stocked with supplies hidden around the world was taken for granted.

The toolbox just might be a master list of the location of all Nick's bunkers in a cool looking glowing box.
    Last edited by Vic Vega; 05-14-2014 at 08:25 PM.