Page 379 of 573 FirstFirst ... 279329369375376377378379380381382383389429479 ... LastLast
Results 5,671 to 5,685 of 8586
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Forseti View Post
    So, they used one of those disintegration things on the blood-donor kree, and never thought to try that on Hive? The same thing, I believe, that Simmons once tried to use on then-alive Ward but that ended up ending Mr. Baskhi instead?

Really?
    Good point, but wasn't that weapon derived from the obelisk? I wouldn't rely on that against Inhumans

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Good point, but wasn't that weapon derived from the obelisk? I wouldn't rely on that against Inhumans
    Yes, but Ward isn't an Inhuman so it should at least destroy the host.

The Kree looked quite shitty.

But boy, do I love Hive.
    I find him to be even more engaging than the real Grant Ward by now, which is quite a feat.
    Constantly rooting for him^^

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Yes, but Ward isn't an Inhuman so it should at least destroy the host.
    Hive's powers extend to the host. We saw when Lucio tried to stone him that he's immune to Inhuman powers.

The splinter bombs might not work, but SHIELD seems to have a bunch of them so it might have been worthwhile to at least give one a try. As we saw with the RPG, he seems to have a hell of a healing factor right now and even that might not be enough to take him out.

The old SHIELD would have just dropped a tactical nuke on that base.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    The Avengers are a bit busy, since the events of Civil War are taking place right about now.

Civil War may wind up being the first Avengers-centric MCU movie that doesn't get directly referenced in AoS. The movie presumably takes place over an extended period of time, and we've heard nothing on AoS about any move to register super-people. Just Hive's clever little reference to a man in an iron suit and a super-soldier going to war...

That's fine with me, since I probably won't see Civil War for a couple of weeks and I don't want to get spoiled by watching AoS.
    It's long been confirmed that Civil War is directly influencing Agents of SHIELD, and will be referenced in the next episode (3.20). It is even mentioned in the press release for next episode:

“Emancipation” – With only two episodes left before S.H.I.E.L.D. loses one of their own, Daisy’s prophecy ticks closer towards a major loss, as the aftermath of the events of “Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War” force S.H.I.E.L.D. to register the Inhumans, on “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” TUESDAY, MAY 10 (9:00-10:00 p.m. EDT), on the ABC Television Network.

“Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” stars Clark Gregg as Director Phil Coulson, Ming-Na Wen as Agent Melinda May, Brett Dalton as Grant Ward, Chloe Bennet as Agent Daisy Johnson, Iain De Caestecker as Agent Leo Fitz, Elizabeth Henstridge as Agent Jemma Simmons, Nick Blood as Agent Lance Hunter, Adrianne Palicki as Agent Bobbi Morse, Henry Simmons as Agent Alphonso “Mack” MacKenzie and Luke Mitchell as Lincoln Campbell.

Guest starring are Axle Whitehead as James, John Hannah as Holden Radcliffe, Natalie Cordova-Buckley as Elena “Yo-Yo” Rodriguez, Adrian Pasdar as Brigadier General Glenn Talbot, Trevor Torseth as Pete Boggs, Jean Paul San Pedro as Jackson, Courtney Friel as newscaster and Jason Sweat as recruit #1.

“Emancipation” was written by Craig Titley and directed by Vincent Misiano

Ha... considering what's going on on AoS, shoehorning the registration controversy in will seem hilariously distracting. It will be like a guy running up and down Omaha Beach telling guys to tuck in their shirts.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Ok but why did the splinter bomb work on the Kree? Aren't Inhumans and the Kree nearly identical genetically hence Kree bloody regenerating Sky with no side effects?

Also that Kree in the Sif episode went for the diviners, an odd thing to do if it was lethal.

Astonishing Member

Y'know it's a bit odd to think about but...Hive is probably the MCU's best villain so far.

He's fairly well fleshed out. He's terrifying and smart. He's powerful, possibly getting even more powerful? And whatever he does do doesn't seem like things even if he loses, will go away any time soon.

Loki and Red Skull are terrifying and interesting but nothing's really been done with them since (Loki in particular is a bit odd given the way his story has "ended" so far).

Thanos has yet to be really used even after several films.

Purple Man while terrifying was just a spoiled man child with extremely useful powers.
    Nothing really happened with Whitney Frost.
    Iron Man's villains were pretty forgettable.
    Malekith could've been great but was practically a side character in the Thor film.
    Fisk was dangerous and tough overall but on a real scale wasn't much of a threat outside of things he basically could do completely legally, but instead resorted to crime. And essentially it only took so long for him to be defeated because Matt's such a nice guy.

Astonishing Member

And maybe not a direct reference (but ya never know) but did anyone else think Daisy beating Mack to an inch of his life while being mind controlled because Mack didn't want to hurt her was amazingly reminiscent of Bucky versus Steve in Winter Soldier?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Y'know it's a bit odd to think about but...Hive is probably the MCU's best villain so far.

Credit Brett Dalton for creating a very different personally for Hive, all you have to do is watch him for just a couple of minutes and you know that he not Grant Ward any more.

Hive is a good character. I just wish he'd stop walking around with his hands behind his back. It telegraphs that arrogance and overconfidence will be his downfall... like 99% of all the villains that have ever been written in the history of fiction.

Just once I'd like to see a villain whose last words are "Damn, I was afraid of that..." instead of "No! It can't be!"

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    TV Kree are mega weak. And apparently dont have any sort of high-tech weapons.
    I know they gave the excuse of these two were just hanging out in orbit but still... it was weird that they just had axes.
    Looks like they went extra low budget with the Kree, they could have at least had real speaking lines.

The Avengers are a bit busy, since the events of Civil War are taking place right about now.
    Ok that makes sense. It's a good move on marvel to set up the hive fight here then. Then can't call in the avengers.

Also, what makes you think Hive wouldn't just EAT the Avengers? He's shown the ability to kill humans in mere moments with his spores. That would be a pretty shitty way to see Iron Man die.

Sorry but no he won't. First of all shield knows about that power and iron man would just make a suit to block it and make suits for any avenger who goes with him. Then there is vision who is a robot and not a human with a infinity gem. Don't think hive can eat a robot. Then theres wanda who can just block his power with her magic. Hive would get his butt kicked.

Astonishing Member

Well. Hive would definitely get his ass kicked depending on who he fights if we're talking Avengers. But depending on how it's written Hive might just be able to eat Vision up since Vision here has cells that are supposed to be indistinguishable from human cells.

But I should say if the Avengers went in blind yeah I think Hive could do major damage to them. Probably not win all in all but yeah.

And Wanda...well her powers are up in the air in this universe. She seems more a psychic and telekinetic than a magic user thus far (Civil War might further clarify).

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    And Wanda...well her powers are up in the air in this universe. She seems more a psychic and telekinetic than a magic user thus far (Civil War might further clarify).
    Judging by what's been said about the Doctor Strange movie, I think MCU policy is for all "magic" to be some kind of advanced tech or psychic ability.