Page 382 of 573 FirstFirst ... 282332372378379380381382383384385386392432482 ... LastLast
Results 5,716 to 5,730 of 8586
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post

Why didn't Lash kill Hive, and THEN go deal with Daisy? And why haven't they just sent a swarm of armed drones into Hive's compound to find him and blow him to pieces? He's admitted himself that he'll die if his host body is destroyed and his parasites can't find another dead human body nearby to inhabit.
    Lincoln has been taught that Inhumans who undergo terrigenesis get their powers to serve some larger social purpose. Yes, a kind of divine will, the way he describes it. Or at the least, a cosmic balance.

Lash, however, isn't JUST Lash. He used to be Andrew. Lash has proven himself to be a killer, but not a mindless one. From Lincoln's standpoint early on, Lash exists as an anti-Hive weapon. But Andrew is a healer. One who was close to Daisy. His priority would absolutely be rescuing her.

Yes, Andrew had permanently become Lash, but in those last moments, when his true "purpose" was to be served, he could either be Lash, the weapon, or Andrew, the healer. Andrew won out. He dies a hero, with just a little evidence that the good man he was before terrigenesis is still in there somewhere. And simultaneously offers up yet another argument that Inhumans are more than their powers, which is precisely what Coulson was trying to convince Talbot of all episode.

Sure, I would have preferred a longer action beat for the Lash v Hive showdown, but thematically it actually works really well. And it leaves the team without any obvious weapon against Hive, just in time for the season finale. Which is predictable, but very much comic style storytelling. Almost all hope has been lost, time for the spandex-brigade to save the day, yes? Or in this case, SHIELD and their Secret Warriors.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

All I have to say is f**k you Australian discount Gambit. Pouring some liquor for Lash.

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

Hey, Hellfire is awesome. I hope that he's recruited after he's freed from Hive. Lincoln needs a rival and he's the only one that would understand how violated Quake was from Hive's control.

Besides, Daisy breaking up with Lincoln and getting with James would do wonders for Lincoln's character arc. He needs more than being Daisy obsessed and a cool off between them would be good.

As for Lash. Hated that he wasn't save for the finale but it makes sense that the Andrew part would choose to save Daisy over killing Hive.

Bluebird

He's either not dead, or they'll use his DNA or blood or whatever to create an anti-Hive pathogen.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Wasn't really impressed by Lash's deus ex machina powers coming outta nowwhere and seeing freakin' Lincoln go along with a plan that could endanger Daisy's life was very OOC.
    Considering the rather ho-humness of his character, I would say an 'OOC' moment is a positive for Lincoln. He's getting on board with SHIELD, and though he still cares about Daisy he has a clearer understanding of the bigger picture here, especially after Daisy's attacks on Fitz and Mack.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    That's a bit of an odd way to end Lash's story. I wonder if really is dead for good.

Still. Interesting to see. I was worried the fight would've accidentally led to Hive controlling Lash. We didn't get that but it's still a shame.
    It almost feels like Lash saving daisy was some belated story decision. Being immune to Hive -- ok, I can see that, he's been near indestructible so far. But suddenly curing other people, then getting killed by a hot chain...

Lincoln is still annoying. The fact that he was only pretending doesn't make it better, if you still have to sit through 2/3 of the show watching him act like Annoying Lincoln. I'm rooting for him to die in the finale, but betting on it being half of Fitzsimmons, or May.

Astonishing Member

Yeah I wonder how far ahead it was planned for Lash to be able to do these things since there wasn't any real indication of any of this coming except for Lash caring about Daisy enough to say he'd never hurt her.

But I'll be honest seeing Hive show fear of Lash, and seeing Lash save Daisy, just made that scene amazing. It sucks that Lash died as such but it was a great way to go.

Granted it didn't seem he WAS immune to Hive just built with a power that could help him negate the effect long enough to save Daisy.

BANNED

No matter how you felt about this episode, you have to admit that this was badass:

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AkiraTheFighter24 View Post
    No matter how you felt about this episode, you have to admit that this was badass:
    Not such a badass origin story for the Hellfire Chain, though.

"Hey, cool chain... inherited it from the Phantom Rider?"

"Nah, took it off a garbage skip."

BANNED

Not such a badass origin story for the Hellfire Chain, though.
    Most likely Ghost Rider would have the true Hellfire Chain.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Yeah I wonder how far ahead it was planned for Lash to be able to do these things since there wasn't any real indication of any of this coming except for Lash caring about Daisy enough to say he'd never hurt her.

But I'll be honest seeing Hive show fear of Lash, and seeing Lash save Daisy, just made that scene amazing. It sucks that Lash died as such but it was a great way to go.

Granted it didn't seem he WAS immune to Hive just built with a power that could help him negate the effect long enough to save Daisy.
    Based on how things played out, Lash's "purpose" wasn't just to "Save Daisy," it was to save Daisy specifically from Hive. That seems like a really pinpoint level of cosmic determinism.

So if Lincoln's musings are true, either:

1) Lash was created by the Kree to save a specific woman from a specific situation at a specific time, none of which they could possibly have foreseen, or

2) Fate/God/Whatever somehow favors the "good guys," which is demonstrably false.

Member in Disguise

So if Lincoln's musings are true, either:

1) Lash was created by the Kree to save a specific woman from a specific situation at a specific time, none of which they could possibly have foreseen, or

2) Fate/God/Whatever somehow favors the "good guys," which is demonstrably false.
    There's a third option, which is actually kinda plausible; balance. As the mutations progress and evolve, in order to maintain diversity each Inhuman needs to be 'countered' by the powers of another, else that particular strain of Inhuman dominate and the gene pool stagnates. Lash was Hive's counter (and likely vice versa), and attaching Daisy's protection to it was just romanticizing the situation.
    ...Expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

Bluebird

As noted above, it was probably Dr. Garner in the "driver's seat" for that brief moment, so to speak, when he freed Skye from the Hive dust.

Which makes you wonder... if Lash had been allowed to live longer, would Dr. Garner's influence have eventually come into balance with Lash's more feral instincts and enabled him to become no longer an indiscriminate killer but more of a sort of policeman for keeping evil or destructive Inhumans in line?

Sort of like a Slayer or Grimm for Inhuman "bad apples?"