Page 396 of 573 FirstFirst ... 296346386392393394395396397398399400406446496 ... LastLast
Results 5,926 to 5,940 of 8586
    Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I'm pretty sure Hydra no longer exists in the MCU. At least I hope not. I'm sick of Hydra.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I'm pretty sure Hydra no longer exists in the MCU. At least I hope not. I'm sick of Hydra.
    I'm sure they'll bring it back. Otherwise they dont have many earth bound threats anymore unless they run with AIM and Hammer from Iron Man 2.

BANNED

id like to see a new incarnation of AIM

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    id like to see a new incarnation of AIM
    The U-men?
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Really? I don't think I like that very much. Stuff like that works way better when they keep it ambiguous. Ghost Rider: Trail of Tears has one of my favorite takes on the character ever written. Garth Ennis just keeps it basic: If you do bad stuff and the Rider comes across you, you're f*cked. A character who was friends with the rider in that story begs to know just what the hell the thing inside him is, and the guy's only reply is "It ain't some God we brought from Africa, it's older than the earth, it's got a thousand names, and it's waiting in the dark for everyone." And it also established that anyone who took the deal and used its power was damned.

That's way freakier than "It's okay, God made him that way."
    So an unknowable eldritch abomination that just happens to have a thing for punishing bad guys. That is pretty awesome, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    That was actually Daniel Way's retcon. Way created that origin for Johnny when he left the book and Jason Aaron ran with it.
    Point. I probably should have added a mention of Daniel Way's role in establishing the whole "Ghost Rider is actually an instrument of divine retribution" plot.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The cast feels a little small now, but I like what they're doing with everyone. Simmons has solid reasoning for what she's doing, despite the tension it's causing with May.

Really cool to see Ghost Rider, although for me, Ghost Rider HAS to have a motorcycle. Maybe when we see more of his backstory, they will show Johnny Blaze and have him be a previous Rider. I don't think it matters that it has shades of the Nic Cage movies. In fact, in an odd way, I'm a little worried people will draw comparisons between this show's Ghost Rider and Suicide Squad's El Diablo, what with the whole supernatural possession and the fire thing. I like the supernatural angle, though, I'm wondering if this show is setting up some kind of Dr. Strange tie-in for when that movie comes out (they've managed to sneak in a reference to pretty much every Marvel movie that's come out since the show began).

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    right, Jason O' Mara means Bruce Wayne
    I'm suddenly getting Amalgam flashbacks...Bruce Wayne: Agent of SHIELD!

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    The cast feels a little small now, but I like what they're doing with everyone. Simmons has solid reasoning for what she's doing, despite the tension it's causing with May.

Really cool to see Ghost Rider, although for me, Ghost Rider HAS to have a motorcycle. Maybe when we see more of his backstory, they will show Johnny Blaze and have him be a previous Rider. I don't think it matters that it has shades of the Nic Cage movies. In fact, in an odd way, I'm a little worried people will draw comparisons between this show's Ghost Rider and Suicide Squad's El Diablo, what with the whole supernatural possession and the fire thing. I like the supernatural angle, though, I'm wondering if this show is setting up some kind of Dr. Strange tie-in for when that movie comes out (they've managed to sneak in a reference to pretty much every Marvel movie that's come out since the show began).

I'm suddenly getting Amalgam flashbacks...Bruce Wayne: Agent of SHIELD!
    I'd read every issue.
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

Ultimate Member

They stole some Pym particles in Ant-Man, so I find it unlikely that they're completely gone, sorry.

BANNED

Motorcycle would look cooler. You can't see the awesome flaming skull face when he's inside a car. I'm not saying he'll abandon the car, though. He might use both.

Everytime I think of him I hear that song by Suicide in my head... "Ghost Rider, motorcycle hero..."
    Given how not awesome the flaming skull head looks on this show, that is a plus. But there's no reason they couldn't have the flaming skull head visible in the car if they wanted, it's not like you wouldn't be able to see a flaming skull inside a car.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Ghost Rider was so ace. This iteration of the character totally made up for those awful movies. The level of violence he brings totally justifies them bumping the show to the Ten o'clock slot. I had no interest in the Robbie Reyes version and was disappointed they were going with him instead of Johnny or Daniel, but he was really cool. Loved the way he'd casually no-sell all of Quakes attacks.
    The movie version is far cooler (and better) looking. Despite the movie not being good, the second movie has the coolest version of the character.

This show should have really copied that movies smoke and fire FX.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    I didnt read the girl GR or this new car GR. I guess it's only with Ketch, then.

What power does Car Rider have? Does he burns people's soul? Cause from the little that i saw he didnt even get his fire as something from him. The RPG was what set the car on fire. He stabbed a dude? And he couldn't be healed. That's the other thing that they showed from what i saw.

I'll go watch the rest of the ep soon.
    My guess is (in regards to that scene) they just wanted to shot this:

Like this:

And thought the transition was cooler in the air. Probably would have made it less confusing if it happened on the tire burning out, like we watched it spinning, and then it transferred from the normal smoke into being on fire.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    They stole some Pym particles in Ant-Man, so I find it unlikely that they're completely gone, sorry.
    I was under the impression that happened before the final take-down of Hydra in AoS last season.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    Given how not awesome the flaming skull head looks on this show, that is a plus. But there's no reason they couldn't have the flaming skull head visible in the car if they wanted, it's not like you wouldn't be able to see a flaming skull inside a car.
    Yeah, but that would look goofy. Maybe have him rest his elbow on the windowsill and give him a trucker hat. He'd look like the cover of a Grateful Dead bootleg.

BANNED

I was under the impression that happened before the final take-down of Hydra in AoS last season.

Yeah, but that would look goofy. Maybe have him rest his elbow on the windowsill and give him a trucker hat. He'd look like the cover of a Grateful Dead bootleg.
    No less goofy than normal Ghost Rider on a motorcycle. A big fire would light the inside of a car up pretty good, a small one could give it a spooky look. On this show though, I doubt they could make it look good, cool, or creepy; and the less you see of their badly designed and looking skull the better.

Ultimate Member

No offense, but you act like that matters

Sadly, I doubt that the movies will acknowledge the TV show, especially if it undercuts their sequel.

I'm a little tired of Coulson being unable play by anyone's rules, but his own. Someday the hire ups are going to find out what he's been up to. He doesn't have life tenure. The can fire him. (In a real spy agency, that's exactly what they would do.) If he thinks SHIELD is doing good work that he wants to be a part of, he should follow protocol. (Of course, when he was in charge, he insisted on that. What a hypocrite.)

That aside, I thought the first episode of this season was a BIG improvement.

Sandy Hausler