Page 4 of 573 FirstFirst 123456781454104504 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Well, whomever his grand dad is, I'm glad they revealed that he was a legacy after we saw him flex his muscle/character some. Usually, they intro legacy characters as if that's al they need character/legitimacy wise.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it was the dude on the right.

We're talking about a guy called Antoine. I say it's a 50% chance between the black dude and the French dude.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Triplett is black is his ancestors?
    That's usually how it works.
    Let's please NOT kick start that one again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Yes. Can that please die with the old forums?

On topic, the recent episode was great. Deathlok needs to be damaged so roboty bits show, but his performance is cool as hell. I hope that his head gets damaged, revealing metal, but also making the bomb stop working so he can be an antihero in the future of the show. It'd be a neat way to move him forward.

I wonder how Skye's physiology will react to the Kree blood? She could be doomed to insanity, which could be interesting. But she's an 084, so it's likely nowhere near that simple... great twist with Coulson being the man behind his own rebirth, but not knowing it. Really cool.

Also, the "you're a nazi" bit was awesome. Skye totally ripped him a new one- the tension in that scene was fantastic. And that headbutt! I hope he continues on as her nemesis after Garrett is dealt with.

There's a bunch of reasons why I prefer AoS to any other particular comic-book TV show that might also be airing right now (and note I didn't say 'better'; just why I prefer it). But one little moment in this week's episode just kind of summed it all up for me. It was Coulson's line when Talbot infiltrated the base; "If I come out will you shoot me? Cause then... I won't come out."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by hunter_peterson View Post
    Yes. Can that please die with the old forums?
    Yeah, my bad. I posted that as an inside joke from the other forum. I had no intention on it becoming a topic again.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    ... Coulson told Captain America in The Avengers that he was there at the defrosting.

It makes me wonder:
    1) Was Cap thawed out at the Guest House?
    2) Were they about to hit him with the Jesus Juice when he revived (or did they hit him with it)?
    3) Were they about to harvest his Jesus Juices?
    I'm thinking this one. It would make sense for them to wonder after Cap was revived if it was possible to revive mere mortals. Maybe they even took some blood but it didn't work like that and in trying to revive the super soldier program somehow got an alien in the mix and it went from there. Maybe Kree(?) have regenerative powers and so the idea to use them on fallen heros was born.
    Now that's an interesting thought. Was the entire T.A.H.I.T.I. project born out of Cap's resuscitation?

"Hey," Fury says to himself, "if this dead guy can survive the frozen-food-section treatment for this long, is there a way that we could duplicate that for other key players? Coulson: go figure that out for me."

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    There's a bunch of reasons why I prefer AoS to any other particular comic-book TV show that might also be airing right now (and note I didn't say 'better'; just why I prefer it). But one little moment in this week's episode just kind of summed it all up for me. It was Coulson's line when Talbot infiltrated the base; "If I come out will you shoot me? Cause then... I won't come out."

I think there's a certain style of humor that Marvel is pretty much going to put in everything, regardless of how dark things are. And for me it works.

Agents of Shield is definately MUST WATCH tv for me now. It really became an entirely different show post Winter Soldier.

BANNED

Now that's an interesting thought. Was the entire T.A.H.I.T.I. project born out of Cap's resuscitation?

"Hey," Fury says to himself, "if this dead guy can survive the frozen-food-section treatment for this long, is there a way that we could duplicate that for other key players? Coulson: go figure that out for me."
    I could definitely see that.,...hell look at the AVengers and Cap titles ...youve always got some villain or wanne be dictator trying to weaponize the Super Soldier serum or replicate it or use it for something

BANNED

Ward's story reminds me of Erik Josten.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen O. View Post
    HYDRA'S probably in just as much disarray as SHIELD is at the moment though. Its something I would very much like to see addressed on the show soon, as in the characters wondering who exactly is in charge of HYDRA right now. Pierce was obviously way up there in their ranks, and the infiltration of SHIELD and Project Insight was a huge plan literally decades in the works. With it failing the way it did, there's probably a power struggle in the remaining HYDRA ranks and lots of regrouping going on over on their side of things too. Only reason we don't see evidence of this with Garrett and his men is Garrett made it clear he doesn't really give a crap about HYDRA. He's only with them to further his own agendas, and as far as he's concerned, he's doing just fine.
    right now anyway.
    HYDRA's current power structure issues could be a potential movie or show in itself.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen O. View Post
    HYDRA'S probably in just as much disarray as SHIELD is at the moment though. Its something I would very much like to see addressed on the show soon, as in the characters wondering who exactly is in charge of HYDRA right now. Pierce was obviously way up there in their ranks, and the infiltration of SHIELD and Project Insight was a huge plan literally decades in the works. With it failing the way it did, there's probably a power struggle in the remaining HYDRA ranks and lots of regrouping going on over on their side of things too. Only reason we don't see evidence of this with Garrett and his men is Garrett made it clear he doesn't really give a crap about HYDRA. He's only with them to further his own agendas, and as far as he's concerned, he's doing just fine.
    In the comics, HYDRA's often been portrayed as a highly splintered entity, more loosely organized than tightly governed, and more ruled by the individual ambitions of its cell leaders than by any greater system or purpose, except when oversee by Baron Strucker. So:
    1) The MCU portrayal is not at all out of step with HYDRA's basic nature.
    2) It will be interesting to see how well run Strucker's organization is in the Avengers sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
    Ward's story reminds me of Erik Josten.
    Too intelligent.

BANNED

In the comics, HYDRA's often been portrayed as a highly splintered entity, more loosely organized than tightly governed, and more ruled by the individual ambitions of its cell leaders than by any greater system or purpose, except when oversee by Baron Strucker. So:
    1) The MCU portrayal is not at all out of step with HYDRA's basic nature.
    2) It will be interesting to see how well run Strucker's organization is in the Avengers sequel.
    Good points.

Now, Garrett's cell seems to be well run, but it seems more aligned with his own interests, so he's a maverick---got to be more than one of him, as well as the more disciplined ones that can be dominated by Strucker.

Member in Disguise

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Good points.

Now, Garrett's cell seems to be well run, but it seems more aligned with his own interests, so he's a maverick---got to be more than one of him, as well as the more disciplined ones that can be dominated by Strucker.
    That's exactly how the individual cells are supposed to run in terrorist organizations. The cell is given a broad objective, and near-infinite discretion in how to do it. Basically, Strucker (or Pierce or whoever is next up on the org chart) tells Garrett "Take down SHIELD. I don't care how you do it, and don't really want to know. Just make it happen." Garrett then goes off and does his own thing, furthering not only his goals but the goals of HYDRA as a whole.
    ...Expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post

That was a laugh out loud moment for me.