Page 41 of 573 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141541 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    It's not just weight, it's a matter of weight for it's size. A pebble can be light weight but still sink to the bottom of the ocean. Whatever with and however they were designed, floating was not a feature.

Maybe if you're trained for it but I'm guessing they are not.

30 metres (98 ft) Recommended recreational diving limit for divers.[1] Average depth at which nitrogen narcosis symptoms begin to appear in adults.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deep_diving
    In the technobabble, Fitz mentions that it's supposed to compensate, so I'm guessing that the combination of the fall from a great height + impact with the water + sinking + anything else that happened (it could have hit some rocks or something) could have damaged the systems that control the compensation. It appears to be an emergency evacuation pod of some sort (possibly medical given the equipment inside), which means that the compensating would make sense.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post
    In the technobabble, Fitz mentions that it's supposed to compensate, so I'm guessing that the combination of the fall from a great height + impact with the water + sinking + anything else that happened (it could have hit some rocks or something) could have damaged the systems that control the compensation. It appears to be an emergency evacuation pod of some sort (possibly medical given the equipment inside), which means that the compensating would make sense.
    Guys! Let it go!

This is a show where body fluids from a bifurcated alien corpse resurrects the dead. If a box doesn't float like it should to enable a dramatic moment, just roll with it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    You should it is one of the best shows on TV. It is on BBC America but the first season is on Netflix.
    It may be available for rental but it's not on Netflix streaming, at least not in the U.S.
    Last edited by kalorama; 05-16-2014 at 06:02 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    If a box doesn't float like it should to enable a dramatic moment, just roll with it.
    Good point! The box should have rolled as it hit the water! Spinning them and snapping their necks! Why can't super hero stories be realz?!?!

So no real speculation about Sky's parent? I won't call it dad since we really don't know what we're dealing with. It did have a funky head shape and was dripping a blood like substance. Who it belonged to, more subject for speculation.

As for financing, that should be part of rebuilding SHIELD. Coulson should go after Quinn first. I think that was an Air Force guy next to the general that Garrett took out for ribs. Capturing the guy that "employed" Garrett might get the team on his good side, which could translate into free fuel and landing strip access on the sly. Some Army guys could be grateful as well and be friendly contacts along the way. Coulson, May, and Trip should all have contacts and "industry" friends to ask favors of or get equipment off of. Even if those friends occasionally hijack your plane to steal alien artifacts. I don't want to see a three part episode "Congressional appropriations and subcommittees", but all the bureaucratic stuff should be a part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Respectfully, where do you get this from.

Sandy Hausler

Just to cite one example involving a nice bit of change.

Here is another case involving the Pentagon back in the 1990's. This is of note because it involved the National Reconnaissance Office trying to hide an entire office complex in the Washington metropolitan area from Congress for several years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Good point! The box should have rolled as it hit the water! Spinning them and snapping their necks! Why can't super hero stories be realz?!?!

So no real speculation about Sky's parent? I won't call it dad since we really don't know what we're dealing with. It did have a funky head shape and was dripping a blood like substance. Who it belonged to, more subject for speculation.

As for financing, that should be part of rebuilding SHIELD. Coulson should go after Quinn first. I think that was an Air Force guy next to the general that Garrett took out for ribs. Capturing the guy that "employed" Garrett might get the team on his good side, which could translate into free fuel and landing strip access on the sly. Some Army guys could be grateful as well and be friendly contacts along the way. Coulson, May, and Trip should all have contacts and "industry" friends to ask favors of or get equipment off of. Even if those friends occasionally hijack your plane to steal alien artifacts. I don't want to see a three part episode "Congressional appropriations and subcommittees", but all the bureaucratic stuff should be a part of it.
    They'll be clandestine friends, because I think Talbott will still be around. (And, in fact, that'd be a nice set up and a believable explanation why he doesn't catch Coulson).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    They'll be clandestine friends, because I think Talbott will still be around. (And, in fact, that'd be a nice set up and a believable explanation why he doesn't catch Coulson).
    Absolutely, that'd be in keep with the secret spy organization too. Poor Talbot, couldn't catch the Hulk, can't catch SHIELD. Until he gets frustrated enough to recruit Ward to hunt them down. Hijinks ensue.

Spectacular Member

Absolutely, that'd be in keep with the secret spy organization too. Poor Talbot, couldn't catch the Hulk, can't catch SHIELD. Until he gets frustrated enough to recruit Ward to hunt them down. Hijinks ensue.
    Speaking of Hulk and Talbot I wonder with the failures of the Hulk movies if Marvel will use Agents of Shield to fill in the blanks and/or straighten out the Hulk in his role in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

BANNED

I think the lack of speculation is because most people are in agreement that it's not a mystery anymore and that she's simply an Inhuman.

BANNED

Well, it did snap Fitz' arm...

Quote Originally Posted by o1pickleboy View Post
    Speaking of Hulk and Talbot I wonder with the failures of the Hulk movies if Marvel will use Agents of Shield to fill in the blanks and/or straighten out the Hulk in his role in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
    The last Hulk movie was a failure? Hulks role in the MCU isn't straight?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Well, it did snap Fitz' arm...

The last Hulk movie was a failure? Hulks role in the MCU isn't straight?
    Was Edward Norton in Avengers? Is a Hulk sequel in the works? Which Hulk movie is canon in the cinematic universe the first one? the second one that was a redo? a little bit of both? neither?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    You should it is one of the best shows on TV. It is on BBC America but the first season is on Netflix. The girl who plays the clones is a fantastic actress. She has made 5 different versions of herself all totally unique characters.
    Yeah she is incredible.

Fantastic Member

Was Edward Norton in Avengers? Is a Hulk sequel in the works? Which Hulk movie is canon in the cinematic universe the first one? the second one that was a redo? a little bit of both? neither?
    Edward Norton's failure to be in The Avengers had nothing to do with the The Incredible Hulk and everything to do with the fact that he's a difficult to work with and was fired from The Avengers and replaced. He would have been Banner had he not been a douchebag.

There is no Hulk sequel currently in the works probably because they don't know what to do with him. After his scene-stealing role in The Avengers I'm sure any future Hulk movie would do incredibly well compared to the first two. You have no idea if there are plans for this or not. They've planned movies for the next 15 years and we know next to nothing about them.

The Inredible Hulk is canon. This is very obvious from the Stark cameo at the end. The first Hulk was not even a Marvel Studios movie so I'm not even sure why you would think it might be canon.
    Last edited by DennisTheMenace; 05-17-2014 at 08:40 AM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I always thought the line Banner had in Avengers where Stark asked him to come work at Stark Towers was pretty much a confirmation that Incredible Hulk is cannon. When he said the last time he was in New York he basically wrecked Harlem I always took as him talking about his fight with the Abomination in IH. Plus I am pretty sure they mentioned Blonsky's name on Agents of SHIELD in regards to him being in some supermax prison.

So IH is definettly cannon as far as the movies go.

Hulk? Best left forgotten

That had more to do with Norton wanting way, WAY too much control over the creative side, and generally being a bit of a headcase. The Incredible Hulk movie, though, still was a box office success (over $100 million profit), and is canon.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.