Page 431 of 573 FirstFirst ... 331381421427428429430431432433434435441481531 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,465 of 8586
    Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

My favorite episode of this arc. Patton Oswalt makes everything better. Especially with three of him... one a pissed-off hipster poet. Heh.

I still don't know what the hell the writers are thinking with trying to push this May/Coulson romance. Awful.

That ending made me so mad. They send the whole episode asking if these robots have souls then burn them alive at the end. What is with this show hating robots in a universe where vision a ROBOT is a avenger, tony stark has ROBOTS all over his home and the original torch a ROBOT was seen in the first captain America movie.

It makes no sense in this universe for them to hate robots when vision is walking around. What about machine man or the golden age electro. Guess they will kill them also. What about deathlock who is part ROBOT!

The writing is so bad here it's not even funny. If it was in it's own universe then fine but they are part of the movieverse. They have said magic is not real when dr strange says it is and robots are all evil when avengers 2 says they are not. (speaking of dr strange why on earth have they not taking the darkhold to him yet like in the comics? Shield is so dumb in this show.) I like the show but man the writing is so out of touch the movies now. Why not have tony stark refix the robots to help shield? That's what I thought the first aida was going to used for but nope. Burn her. Who needs a strong robot on our side when we have to fight other robots.

On a less grouchy "get off my lawn" note how much you want to bet the big bad guy they keep bringing up is fitz's dad. Why else would they bring it up out of the blue.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 02-01-2017 at 06:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    That ending made me so mad. They send the whole episode asking if these robots have souls then burn them alive at the end.
    All I caught in that vein was the conversation between Mac and LMD Radcliffe. Maybe I missed something.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    It makes no sense in this universe for them to hate robots when vision is walking around.
    They're destroying them for being products of the Darkhold, not because of robot-hatred.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

cant wait to watch it
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Pretty cold of Fitz to burn Aida's head after promising her he'd fix her. :-/

On the bright side, we finally get a solution to that annoying continuity issue. (Why did Tony Stark refer to LMD's in The Avengers if they weren't invented until this season on AoS?) Because there was an earlier, apparently aborted (?) LMD program that the Koenig brothers worked on.

I'm pretty annoyed at how the team (especially Mack) absolutely refuses to consider the machines alive.
    And them executing LMD Radcliffe and then burning him was pretty harsh.

They were Darkhold constructs. You should want to destroy those especially if you considered them alive.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Forseti View Post
    They were Darkhold constructs. You should want to destroy those especially if you considered them alive.
    I agree.

Radcliffe said at the end of S3 that he revived the SHIELD LMD project.

We keep being told that the Darkhold is evil, but we also keep being told that all magic in the MCU is really tech. Technology can't be inherently evil.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    We keep being told that the Darkhold is evil, but we also keep being told that all magic in the MCU is really tech. Technology can't be inherently evil.
    Everyone that's read the Darkhold has been driven to madness thus far. It's hard to argue that it isn't evil.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    No magic is science we dont understand yet. Witch is a broad term. Everything made of matter witch falls under science, i never understood why thors statment bothered so many people.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    No magic is science we dont understand yet. Witch is a broad term. Everything made of matter witch falls under science, i never understood why thors statment bothered so many people.
    Because it robs magic of the mystery that goes hand in hand with it?

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

this was a very good episode, i laught to much
    we can be heroes, just for one day

With magic, you invoke effects that you couldn't normally produce through the use of incantations, possibly gestures and special materials and conditions.

With technology, you invoke effects you couldn't normally produce through the use of code, passwords and special materials and conditions, often in the form of machines.

Both require special knowledge and training that most people do not have access to. The development of magic, like the development of technology, requires a long period of experimentation and trial-and-error, with some of those errors being potentially disastrous or fatal.

The biggest difference between the two is that one exists in the real world and the other (apparently) does not.

But the main functional difference is that, traditionally in stories, magic can be either inherently good or inherently evil (white or black magic). Technology simply is what it is, and a moral judgment can only be found in the way in which it's used. The Darkhold can't be evil unless it's a sentient being, which is a possibility.