Page 435 of 573 FirstFirst ... 335385425431432433434435436437438439445485535 ... LastLast
Results 6,511 to 6,525 of 8586
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

It sucks Nadeer was killed off. I wanted to see her hate crimes exposed and having to face her brother after he's done with his second terrigenesis. Killing off now makes her a martyr.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    WAs a nice surprise.

... why a self loathing bigoted superhuman isn't in comics yet I still have no idea.
    It's happened before, but usually more as a one-off than an ongoing thing. The first that comes to mind is a new Inhuman in one of the early Charles Soule-written Inhuman(s) comics who blamed the Inhumans for "infecting" him and tried to kill them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It sucks Nadeer was killed off. I wanted to see her hate crimes exposed and having to face her brother after he's done with his second terrigenesis. Killing off now makes her a martyr.
    Cosigned. I wanted to see her exposed to the public for the demagogic hatemonger and terrorist backer that she was. However, I did find it karmic in a way that the Watchdogs saw her as just as "tainted" as her brother and wanted to dispose of her regardless of her usefulness and loyalty just because they were that fanatical in their hatred of Inhumans. Goes to show that bigotry is as toxic to the bigots as to those targeted by the bigots.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

A little anticlimactic ending for Nadeer, kinda like Whitehall. I guess it's just unfortunate the Superior isn't half as compelling a villain.

Spectacular Member

Is Shockley supposed to be Nitro? If so, why couldn't they use his name?

Quote Originally Posted by Amenra11 View Post
    Nitro is associated with the xmen typically though hes not a mutant. Actually he tied more too Mar-vell. Shit think hes fought spiderman more then any xmen. Iono why they didnt use him. I associated Nitro with The death of Marvell and civil war thats about it. His part in wolverines rediculous healing from being just a skeleton was silly, happened way too fast. Wolverine killed him though right?

So is the dude who played Charles vane suppose to be the big boss or was that a power trip and hr just wanted to hear shockley call him supperior?
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 02-09-2017 at 08:24 AM.

Astonishing Member

My take away point was that Shield is composed of tactical idiots who cannot plan an operation. If they are so understaffed that they cannot put enough folks in the field to avoid embarrassments like Mace getting cattle prodded and captured while Dr. I Make Sex Slave Robots has backup up while Shield has two dudes who just have to duck for cover - well, they suck as an agency.

It was really stupid. Coulson is supposed to be such a great field type - needs to go back to Tahiti - I think the Kree Mobil 1 in his brain needs changing.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet View Post
    A little anticlimactic ending for Nadeer, kinda like Whitehall. I guess it's just unfortunate the Superior isn't half as compelling a villain.
    This part of the season seems to be where they introduce and then sweep away all the interesting aspects. Nadeer's brother and then Nadeer, the Director's authority and pretty soon a main cast member.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    This part of the season seems to be where they introduce and then sweep away all the interesting aspects. Nadeer's brother and then Nadeer, the Director's authority and pretty soon a main cast member.
    Well Nadeer's brother could always come back, but without the senator around his storyline is pretty neutered.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet View Post
    Well Nadeer's brother could always come back, but without the senator around his storyline is pretty neutered.
    He has a score to settle with NotNitro still.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Fantastic Member Spiritualcramp's Avatar

I gave up on this show once Ghost Rider left. Is it worth checking out again with some new Inhuman stuff, or is still that stupid storyline with May being in the closet and that android?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    just seems weird that with some crappy looking shotguns and spy gadgets you can handle any situation thrown your way in this show
    It isn't just shotguns and spy gadgets. It's high tech machinery that's been designed to give actual Avengers trouble, some of it designed by freaking Tony Stark himself. It's helicarriers and jets that turn invisible. It's an organization that has used a cyborg with superhuman strength and teams of Inhumans before. They've weaponized alien technology and designed cells that can actually hold Asgardians and Inhumans.

They may not be Tony Stark, but they have sci fi science out the wazoo.

either makes Coulson And Friends seem like a bigger deal than they are or it makes the threats seem small time if they can be dispatched with Good Ol Shield Tech randomly laying around
    Um, yeah. You might have missed this from the MU, but SHIELD actually IS a big deal. Remember, SHIELD provided the very weapon the Avengers needed to repel an alien armada. SHIELD also nearly took over the world when Hydra revealed itself and tried to use SHIELD's newest helicarriers to exterminate everyone that would be a threat to them. SHIELD's timely appearance helped the Avengers save the citizens of Sokovia.

Some of their technology has been designed by Tony Stark himself and no less than three Avengers were agents of SHIELD at one time or another.

What on Earth made you think SHIELD was small time?

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

The show hasn't even hit the level of some of threats comic SHIELD dealt with. What we've seen of the Darkhold doesn't have the oomph of the Overkill Horn or Zodiac Key.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritualcramp View Post
    I gave up on this show once Ghost Rider left. Is it worth checking out again with some new Inhuman stuff, or is still that stupid storyline with May being in the closet and that android?
    yes it is very good that storyline
    we can be heroes, just for one day

Quote Originally Posted by Amenra11 View Post
    Tied to the X-Men so that makes him off limits. Despite not being a mutant (basically everything that Midvillain1322 said).

I find it fascinating though that he is, for all intents and purposes, Nitro. Hair, personality, powers, he'll just never be called that. I also wonder if he'll be an antagonist for the Inhumans series.

Man I still can't believe what kind of a lame villain the Superior is. Talked up as such an intimidating, mysterious and powerful figure.....and he turns out to be your generic standart russian mobster. With an absolutely mind boggling stupid motivation.
    "Doh, Coulson was at each of those alien scenes, he MUST be responsible for them too! It's not like investigating them is his JOB or anything!"