Page 477 of 573 FirstFirst ... 377427467473474475476477478479480481487527 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,155 of 8586

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    s.w.o.r.d.?
    Yes, it was a joke by Yo-Yo.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I'm not saying they stole this idea from me but years ago I suggested an event series where shocker gets super charged and destroys the world and the only one left alive is the hulk and he has to build a time machine from the left over material and go back in time to save the planet.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Okay, that episode was like way better than anything I expected. It’s like they’re trying to stay on the air.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

I didn't see them being zapped to the future coming. And I wonder how Daisy managed to destroy the world.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

This show and Inhumans is like day and night.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Ha... I think they used the sets from Cleopatra 2525! Having a fixed indoor set is one way to save cash when your budget has been slashed. So is sitting out one of your stars for a few episodes. But Team Whedon has always been great at making the most out of little money.

The season is off to a good start. I like StarLor... er, I mean, Deke. I really wonder who Creepy Bald Guy Apparently a Grey Alien guy from the opening was. Maybe a T-1000 from the future tasked with bringing a team out of the past to defeat the Kree. But he's a Talking Heads fan, so I like him.

Don't much like the main Kree villain, though. Another arrogant dick who spends a lot of time gazing out windows with his hands clasped behind his back. Wish they'd gone with something a little less cliche.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Ha... I think they used the sets from Cleopatra 2525!
    For about ten seconds, I had my fingers crossed for a Gina Torres cameo.

Vertigo Psychonaut ChaoticScholar's Avatar

This idea is meh. "Let's put them in space, but time-travel, cus we can't actually use the MCU stuff we're 'connected' to, and the huge cosmic arc that's coming up."
    "People look at us and see the poor and the mad, but they’re looking at us through the bar of their cages.

There’s a palace in your head, boy.

Learn to live in it always. " -- Grant Morrison

I don't give a crap anymore about how AoS connects to the MCU, and I don't think the showrunners do either. This is almost certainly the show's last season, so they should just do what they want and not try to tag along with the movies. I think its remaining viewers have given up hoping for an Iron Man cameo.

Though I did like Yo-Yo's comment about "people hiding on the moon." Little call out to The Inhumans there. And if Daisy really does destroy the Earth with her powers somehow, it must mean she unlocks Black Bolt level powers. (Comics Black Bolt, not show Black Bolt.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    I didn't see them being zapped to the future coming. And I wonder how Daisy managed to destroy the world.
    Well, first she'll have to find a way to travel back in time. If she stays in this future, it should cease to exist, since she can't have quaked the Earth apart.

Quote Originally Posted by vitruvian View Post
    Well, first she'll have to find a way to travel back in time. If she stays in this future, it should cease to exist, since she can't have quaked the Earth apart.
    But if Daisy never quaked the Earth, those Men in Black would not have been able to send them to that future because that future never exists, so Daisy can't stay in the future and prevent herself from ever quaking the world apart.

This is a job for the Doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    But if Daisy never quaked the Earth, those Men in Black would not have been able to send them to that future because that future never exists, so Daisy can't stay in the future and prevent herself from ever quaking the world apart.

This is a job for the Doctor.
    Well, if she eventually returns to her own time, and then goes ahead and quakes the Earth, there is no paradox. Everything's a clean, causal time loop that was 'always' that way with no beginning and no end, like in the Heinlein tales 'By His Bootstraps' and 'All You Zombies'. Of course, that's kind of an existential horror story for my taste.

Fail to return, or return and find a way to use her knowledge of that future to avoid doing it, or in any other way change the timeline she's currently observing, and there is indeed a paradox of some kind. Whether it's one that keeps looping around and reversing itself, or if it's just one of those situations where the MCU can have alternate futures like the comics MU does, so everything's good so long as she waits till she gets back to her own time to change things and that just splits the timeline, is anyone's guess.
    Last edited by vitruvian; 12-01-2017 at 09:53 PM.

Woulda been cool if Thanos destroyed earth. But then it wpulda got complicated with how AoS could stop it without effecting the movies. So doesnt really work but still think it woulda been cooler then Daisy somehow getting jacked and tearing the planet apart

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

That was a pretty great return episode... As for the Daisy\Quake reveal.. I'm thinking this is gonna be like X-men Gambit like situation were everything seems to point to her destroying the world but in the end it really wasn't her..

Quote Originally Posted by 5Eyes View Post
    That was a pretty great return episode... As for the Daisy\Quake reveal.. I'm thinking this is gonna be like X-men Gambit like situation were everything seems to point to her destroying the world but in the end it really wasn't her..
    Yea they reveal it was Thanos actually and then the Coulson gang send AoU Thor a vision of Thanos and the infinity stones to warn him lol..... Why AoU Thor iono cause they likes him better when he had long hair who knows

Serioisly though AoS needs to introduce the idea of the Pink Kree. That way Jude Law can play Mar-Vell in Captain Marvela and there will be some kinda ground work.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 12-01-2017 at 11:57 PM.