Page 484 of 573 FirstFirst ... 384434474480481482483484485486487488494534 ... LastLast
Results 7,246 to 7,260 of 8586
    Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

They still need to encourage people to watch the broadcast the day it airs, because those ratings are still what drives network television. The sponsors need the viewership numbers, and it's just recently that time-shift viewing has even counted at all to them. The time will come, probably in the next 10 years, when streaming replaces broadcast entirely. Except for stuff like news and sports, it will all be on the Netflix model. Then you'll probably be able to choose between traditional ad-supported viewing for a lower fee, or commercial free for a higher fee.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I tend to agree, but I also think Fridays are so bad for networks as a whole they need to adapt and find another use for it. Shows that do well later make more sense to put there than shows that do well live. The idea would be to invest in a show to later sell in syndication/streaming/etc. rather than invest it for the Friday ratings.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Jemma is in such a terrifying position! Imagine someone being able to make you deaf like that. Gives me chills just thinking about it. I liked how she was able to instruct that Inhuman girl.

That's gotta be a message from Fitz they heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    I get that the answer is "plot progression" but why exactly couldn't Daisy just quake those glass barriers or the ground or even the gas itself before breathing it in?
    Must've been quick acting gas. As soon as Daisy tried lifting her arm to quake, she started passing out.

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    She didn't need to fight H2H those Kree either. I suppose she didn't want to risk damaging the elevator, but she's demonstrated reasonable control before.
    I think she was having fun with them. When she decided to end the fight, that's when she used her powers.

Amazing Member

Forgot how dramatic/ funny the show could be

https://78.media.tumblr.com/50d89028...a4t9o1_540.gif

Incredible Member

funny, but pretty solid party movement.

quake, their blaster, in front.

mac, their strongest fighter with the best reach, 2nd rank.

simmons at 2nd rank so she can do the science thing if it's something that force won't prevail.

coulson, rear rank for safety purposes and with yo yo, whom is easily the fastest to act as a rear guard or auxillery if the rest of the crew goes down.

honestly, baring area of affect weapons (which they are screwed no matter what in tight corridors), I can't see better options for movement.

agents of shield obviously know the buddy system.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    That's gotta be a message from Fitz they heard.
    It sounded like someone much older than Fitz, and without a Scottish accent. Granted it could be years in our timeline before Fitz figures out a way to bring them back, but... how would he know about Virgil unless he was well over 100 years old, and why would he refer to Team Coulson as "the Delegation" as if he were a true believer in them as saviors?

Though it would be pretty trippy if they found an ancient Fitz living in some bunker on the Earth's surface, having waited for them all this time. "Oh, there you are finally. Now we can finally use this device I invented that mimics the monolith's power to send us all back to 2017..."

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    honestly, baring area of affect weapons (which they are screwed no matter what in tight corridors),
    The person using them is probably screwed, too. "Don't cast fireballs in corridors" is either the first or the last thing you learn in D&D playing a wizard.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

When did Fitz become a Kamen Rider?

I get distracted every time that woman / slave buyer shows up. Her outfit - reddish and blue with that gold stripe? Makes me think they're trying out Captain Marvel looks/fabrics...

My wacky theory, which will probably be wrong:

The only way for the SHIELDies to get back home from the future... is to die in it.

I think that their current bodies are projections or duplicates of some kind, and their real bodies are back in the present. If one of them dies in the future, they simply wake up back in the present.

I think that May was killed by Silent Balls Lady and got shunted back to the present. Then she was able to provide Fitz with information to locate them in the future and come after them. He wants Daisy to fight to the death because dying is the only way back... for him now, too.

Next week is the Fitz solo episode when we finally find out who this Enoch fellow is.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post

The only way for the SHIELDies to get back home from the future... is to die in it.

I think that their current bodies are projections or duplicates of some kind, and their real bodies are back in the present. If one of them dies in the future, they simply wake up back in the present.

I think that May was killed by Silent Balls Lady and got shunted back to the present. Then she was able to provide Fitz with information to locate them in the future and come after them. He wants Daisy to fight to the death because dying is the only way back... for him now, too.

Next week is the Fitz solo episode when we finally find out who this Enoch fellow is.

Interesting theory. It is kind of hard to imagine that murder/death/kill ballbuster would leave May alive. Unless she was trying to torture some information out of her.

That's an awesome theory. I just assumed Play With Balls Lady (hmm...no lets use your Silent Balls Lady moniker instead ) simply "recruited" May to be one of the people Quake fights in that arena to show off Daisy's powers for potential buyers.

But your theory...kinda reminds me of John Carter from Mars (well the movie not sure if they used that same method of "transport" in the book).

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

I like the theory but the only problem with it is the stakes and the tone.

If their deaths mean nothing it means zero stakes and been really pushing this tone that this isn't the framework, this is real, what happens here is final and permanent. If they were to go "oh its a monolithe made framework!" it would crumble quite considerably.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    I like the theory but the only problem with it is the stakes and the tone.

If their deaths mean nothing it means zero stakes and been really pushing this tone that this isn't the framework, this is real, what happens here is final and permanent. If they were to go "oh its a monolithe made framework!" it would crumble quite considerably.
    But we don't know all the stakes yet. There was a reason Enoch and his Men in Black sent the SHIELDies into the future to begin with, and the tone of the opening montage this season conveys to me that Enoch probably isn't evil. So there's something they have to accomplish besides just getting home. Probably preventing the destruction of the earth in the future.

The preview showed Fitz confronting Enoch, so I assume we get some answers on Friday.

I don't think Sinara (Silent Balls Lady) just captured May... Kasius would have just sent a squad of goons to do that. Certainly he wasn't expecting her to sling May over her shoulder and carry her to a cell. She was there alone to kill.

Kasius asked her if she had taken care of the interloper and the smile on her face suggested the satisfaction of a kill rather than a capture. She was wiping blood off her remaining ball.

Kasius doesn't know that May is also from the past, so there's no real reason to keep her alive to interrogate her. And she's a) not Inhuman and b) too injured to make any kind of challenge for Daisy in the arena.
    Last edited by AndrewCrossett; 12-17-2017 at 02:26 PM.

I don't think Sinara (Silent Balls Lady) just captured May... Kasius would have just sent a squad of goons to do that. Certainly he wasn't expecting her to sling May over her shoulder and carry her to a cell. She was there alone to kill.

Kasius asked her if she had taken care of the interloper and the smile on her face suggested the satisfaction of a kill rather than a capture. She was wiping blood off her remaining ball.

Kasius doesn't know that May is also from the past, so there's no real reason to keep her alive to interrogate her. And she's a) not Inhuman and b) too injured to make any kind of challenge for Daisy in the arena.
    I...guess this was meant for me? Even injured May still held her own against Sinara. The battle was already Sinara's yes but still its probably the closest thing to a challenge Sinara ever got from a regular human so I assumed it meant something to her, plus we know they love their gladiator fights (Kasius even looks a bit like Caesar but I digress) nonr have problems with LOPSIDED gladiator fights. You are probably 100% right but until Fitz showed up it wasn't out of the realm of possibilities what I assumed was the case. *shrugs*

I didn't get the preview on my end so Fitz confronting Enoch sounds interesting. The only problem with your theory, and maybe its a minor one, but wouldn't Coulson's transport body have a real hand?