Page 49 of 573 FirstFirst ... 394546474849505152535999149549 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rubab20 View Post
    Are the original actors and actresses of the Avengers gonna be in it? (Scarlett Johansson, Robert Downey JR, Chris Evans, Jeremy Renner, etc)
    Not likely , Samuel L Jackson did appeared twice on the first season of Agents of Shield. One as a cameo early on and then nick fury showing up for the finale to fight against Garett which was set after the captain america winter soldier movie.

Thought about Tripp. Watching Cap the First Avenger again I noticed Jacques is the Howler who has all the bombs and gadgets, and in the pub scene Gabe and Jacques are chummy because Gabe speaks French.
    So my theory is Gabe introduces Jacques to his sister and Tripp is Jacques grandson and Gabe's grand nephew.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by edhopper View Post
    Thought about Tripp. Watching Cap the First Avenger again I noticed Jacques is the Howler who has all the bombs and gadgets, and in the pub scene Gabe and Jacques are chummy because Gabe speaks French.
    So my theory is Gabe introduces Jacques to his sister and Tripp is Jacques grandson and Gabe's grand nephew.
    Tripp's first name being Antoine is consistant with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I forgot about that, thanks. I was also thinking of how inter-racial marriage was more acceptable in Europe than here in the US.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

+

+

I forgot about that, thanks. I was also thinking of how inter-racial marriage was more acceptable in Europe than here in the US.
    All good evidence supporting an answer to the question no one was asking!

Just kidding.

I just wish we weren't still guessing at this. I hope we casually get a reveal on the real answer, on the show itself. One passing reference would be enough to put an end to this "Tripp: Who's your Granddaddy?" debate.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    One passing reference would be enough to put an end to this "Tripp: Who's your Granddaddy?" debate.
    He simply has two granddaddies.

+

+

All good evidence supporting an answer to the question no one was asking!

Just kidding.

I just wish we weren't still guessing at this. I hope we casually get a reveal on the real answer, on the show itself. One passing reference would be enough to put an end to this "Tripp: Who's your Granddaddy?" debate.

Well, they made it a mystery by saying his granddad was a Howler but not saying who, so of course the fans are going to speculate. They could have just said this is Tripp, so and so's grandson.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Well, they made it a mystery by saying his granddad was a Howler but not saying who, so of course the fans are going to speculate. They could have just said this is Tripp, so and so's grandson.
    Or during Patton Oswalt's interrogation of him, say "so and so is your grandfather?! That's so cool!" etc.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

Or during Patton Oswalt's interrogation of him, say "so and so is your grandfather?! That's so cool!" etc.
    If he'd said "Gabe Jones was my grandpa." virtually the entire audience would have gone "who the frell is Gabe Jones?"

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

If he'd said "Gabe Jones was my grandpa." virtually the entire audience would have gone "who the frell is Gabe Jones?"
    But how much time is taken saying "My grandpa is Gabe Jones, one of the original Howling Commandos" instead of just "my grandpa is one of the original Howling Commandos"?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    But how much time is taken saying "My grandpa is Gabe Jones, one of the original Howling Commandos" instead of just "my grandpa is one of the original Howling Commandos"?
    Let's put it like this: they didn't find it necessary mentioning his name in the film he was actually in. Plus, it's a bad line.

Excerpt for all of us who recognized who all the Howlers were when they appeared and the reason they used them in the first place. This was a shout out to the fans. Why else use these characters if the "entire audience' didn't know them? Because part of the audience did.
    So telling this portion of the audience would have been fine.
    Instead we have a lot of viewers trying to figure it out, which is what they were going for.
    And BTW, I don't recall them even being called the Howling Commandos in the movie, so why did he even say than, instead of "My Grandpa fought with Cap."?