Page 494 of 573 FirstFirst ... 394444484490491492493494495496497498504544 ... LastLast
Results 7,396 to 7,410 of 8586
    Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I also predict Ghost Rider shows up again in the second half.
    Yes, please! I love to see him again!

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Great episode, sad that I have to wait a whole month for more. What if Deke was also sent to the past as well. Based on what Cassius was saying I think that his father made a play for Earth in the past, the Kree must have a longer life span than humans so that could be a younger Raina we saw in that promo.
    It could be that when the monolith activated and took the SHIELD folks home, the fragment in the generator, which Deke was standing right in front of, also activated and was sufficient to take him. And possibly even some part of Enoch that might be enough to reconstruct him from. (Though that human suit is probably toast.)

The problem is most people think of time as a linear progression of cause and effect. When in fact it is a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The problem is most people think of time as a linear progression of cause and effect. When in fact it is a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff.
    In most sci-fi it is the latter. The show's been pushing the former heavily however. Especially with whatever timeloop has been confirmed now.

With stories like this that have an apparent many cycles of events (this presumably has played out a few times that we haven't seen) I always wonder just how many cycles have happened and what changed in each 9since there's generally some miniscule change that helps to slowly undo the loop). Like Mack seemed to have died the previous timeline but it's not clear when exactly so that may have not been the change yet.

Holy! Poor Mack, he thought he had actually lost Yo-yo! And then he got beaten down pretty badly. I almost thought that was it for him.

So Coulson is dying? And saving him may be what causes the world to crack apart?

Quote Originally Posted by tabo61 View Post
    That sure was one heck of a PCP drug that the Kree had
    That was scary. And it also reminded me of that trick gum from Pee-Wee's Big Adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Great episode, sad that I have to wait a whole month for more. What if Deke was also sent to the past as well. Based on what Cassius was saying I think that his father made a play for Earth in the past, the Kree must have a longer life span than humans so that could be a younger Raina we saw in that promo.
    Well, having Deke confirmed to be alive would certainly help Daisy to forgive Coulson for icing her. Because otherwise...she might not.

I'm 95% certain Deke is still alive. They went out of their way to show us close-ups of the monolith shard in the generator just before the explosion as if to remind us it was there... they cut away from Deke just before we would have seen him vaporized or whatever... and then they had Flint and Tess having a conversation about whether he was alive or not. I would be very, very surprised if he wasn't taken, though he may have arrived in a different place than the others. Which would be mighty traumatic for someone who's never even seen the sky except in videos.

I think there is a definite possibility we might lose Coulson this season, though. I could see him finding out the truth (that the earth is destroyed because of the attempts to save him) and choosing to sacrifice himself, Spock-like, in a final act of heroism.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I'm 95% certain Deke is still alive. They went out of their way to show us close-ups of the monolith shard in the generator just before the explosion as if to remind us it was there... they cut away from Deke just before we would have seen him vaporized or whatever... and then they had Flint and Tess having a conversation about whether he was alive or not. I would be very, very surprised if he wasn't taken, though he may have arrived in a different place than the others. Which would be mighty traumatic for someone who's never even seen the sky except in videos.

I think there is a definite possibility we might lose Coulson this season, though. I could see him finding out the truth (that the earth is destroyed because of the attempts to save him) and choosing to sacrifice himself, Spock-like, in a final act of heroism.
    I feel like the show's preparing to move forward (or end on, depending on what happens in May) with Daisy taking over Coulson's role as team leader/possible Director of SHIELD (if the organization is reborn again) after Phil dies or something.

The thing Phil says to Daisy before he iced her ("May taught you to fight, I taught you to lead...") seemed like the biggest hint in all of this.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    I feel like the show's preparing to move forward (or end on, depending on what happens in May) with Daisy taking over Coulson's role as team leader/possible Director of SHIELD (if the organization is reborn again) after Phil dies or something.

The thing Phil says to Daisy before he iced her ("May taught you to fight, I taught you to lead...") seemed like the biggest hint in all of this.
    I wonder if they're killing Coulson off again because they plan on bringing shield back in the movies. I remember seeing some photos of Stark wearing a SHIELD jacket in Avengers 4.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

He said "I need you to lead," which is even more foreshadowy.

This season's picking up. I'm intrigued by the ending, as I don't think everyone made it back...
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

Astonishing Member

It just occurred to me.

Could Coulson's affliction be because of his short possession of the Ghost Rider spirit?

I mean the show even asked that in what the first episode of the season? IE What he had to pay to use the power with Coulson basically flippantly going "Oh nothing. Y'know."

I'm pretty sure Coulson's wound is from one of the Kree they were fighting when they ambushed them and liberated the Inhumans. Probably a poisoned blade.

Fantastic Member

I think the deal with Ghost Rider is gonna play into the 'Coulson must die' thing.

Some team member, either Yoyo, May, or Daisy, will make the heart-breaking choice to let him die to break the loop/stop the destruction of the earth. Then we see the team all sad with slow, sappy music. Then Coulson erupts into flame and stands back up alive, now having to perform some task to pay his debt to the Rider.

Incredible Member

New episode this Friday, March 2nd.
    Sounds perfect.

Starting to look like the writing is on the wall as far as this being the last season. Disney is going to want to clean their slate so they can start launching new shows on their new streaming service.

My predictions:

1. Coulson dies.
    2. Daisy becomes team leader in his place, and her story morphs into...
    3. A new Secret Warriors series on the streaming service.
    4. Robbie Reyes and Ghost Rider show up before the end of the season, morphing into...
    5. A new Ghost Rider series on the streaming service.

With various surviving AoS characters possibly moving in or out or guesting on both shows.