Page 497 of 573 FirstFirst ... 397447487493494495496497498499500501507547 ... LastLast
Results 7,441 to 7,455 of 8586
    Astonishing Member

And of course I'm also confused about the beacon. They set it up to trick Coulson and co... but was it intended to trick them into thinking it was summoning the Kree ala the future? Or was it just a convenient bit to make us assume it was connected to the future bit. IE Did Hale and co. know what the beacon meant to Coulson as such? (Presumably not but man that's very coincidental)

I hope Elena doesn't continue to keep the stuff future her told her secret at this point. It already didn't make much sense to not bring it up. But here we are.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

The whole thing with Hale and Ruby kind of reminds me of the Red Room. I wonder if they are a covert survival of Leviathan and Ruby is a Black Widow. Though it seems like if she was, she would have taken a more proactive role in the fight than just throwing her chakram and watching her robot goons get trashed.

I didn't see her manifest any superpowers, so no evidence yet that she's Inhuman... but why is she being kept locked up? She must either have a power or a skill so great that Hale can't risk her flying the coop.

The only thing about the episode that didn't quite work for me was Deke's arrival in the present world. I know they were going for comedy with that whole thing, but... the guy has literally never been outside in his life, apart from space, and he suddenly finds himself standing in the middle of an open park on a sunny day. I would think falling on the ground and vomiting would be his first order of business, as well as being blinded by the bright sunlight after a life in the twilight of the Lighthouse.

Also, I give him a pass because he was drunk, but sober Deke would never have been stupid enough to try to pay a bar tab in our time with that thing on his arm.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    I'm highly confused as to how that whole arm slice scenario even happened. How fast can that thing possibly go for Elena to not see it or otherwise dodge it?
    Maybe she did see it but took the risk of getting in its path to get Mac out of harm's way anyway, because she'd rather get hurt herself than let it kill Mac.
    Live true or lie well.

Quote Originally Posted by Forseti View Post
    Maybe she did see it but took the risk of getting in its path to get Mac out of harm's way anyway, because she'd rather get hurt herself than let it kill Mac.
    Honestly that whole scene seemed stupid and cheesy. Anything sharp and fast enough to slice through both her arms should have gone right through and killed Mac anyway.

Finally caught the episode and while I'm lukewarm on Deke's return I absolutely hate that the awful future is materializing even if a little. Also I won't miss Ruby when she's dead. Interesting thing that I read, it seems that Ruby's chakrams may be made out of vibranium.
    Last edited by ZeonsSilverStar; 03-05-2018 at 07:34 PM.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I like Ruby's intensity. The actress playing her is very charismatic; I like that they went a different route regarding Yo-yo's mutilation, instead of bringing in an obscure and difficult to explain character like the Gorgon. Can't wait to see Daisy put a boot to her head though.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Hey, Patrick Warburton!

Hale's back, finally, and apparently, bloodthirstiness runs in the family. I did like the bait and switch of making it seem like the cops were reporting Daisy when it was actually the beacon that tipped Hale and co off to SHIELD's presence. I also liked Piper not entirely sure of which side to be on and then helping out SHIELD.

Poor Yoyo! I feel like we should've seen exactly how her arms got cut off, but maybe that would've been too graphic to show.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    You know, the agents should be nicer to the aliens. I mean, two of the aliens sacrificed their lives for them.
    Fitz was nice enough to them, and he did spend the most time with Enoch. Enoch. Noah. Interesting names they've got there.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Though I'm now questioning what skipping school/class even means in regards to Ruby's setup in the base. Did she kill the teacher who comes to teach her? Or should we even bother to question that bit? Plus, how did she even learn about Quake? She doesn't seem to have normal access to media...
    I was wondering about that, too. Like, skip school and just stay in that room? As for media access, she did seem pretty glued to that phone of hers.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeonsSilverStar View Post
    Finally caught the episode and while I'm lukewarm on Deke's return I absolutely hate that the awful future is materializing even if a little. Also I won't miss Ruby when she's dead. Interesting thing that I read, it seems that Ruby's chakrams may be made out of vibranium.
    I was wondering if there'd be a Black Panther tie-in, although I feel like the less vibranium out in the world, the better.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Enoch was an ancestor of Noah. His main claim to fame, according to the Old Testament, is that he never died physically, but was taken bodily to heaven by God.

Remember that Enoch is still alive in the present... orbiting a star somewhere with another iteration of Fitz. If he's in communication with Noah there's no reason he shouldn't know what's coming, and they shouldn't even need Robin the Seer. That's the problem with time travel stories... they never fully make sense.

I wonder if General Stoner is still alive in the present? In the comics he was the first director of SHIELD, but he seems pretty young in those 1972 holograms to have been a general already in the WW2 era.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I was wondering about that, too. Like, skip school and just stay in that room? As for media access, she did seem pretty glued to that phone of hers.
    Yeah I initially forgot about that but one would assume like any secret organization they're only letting her see so much or filtering stuff, but presumably not, or not enough if Quake is her "hero".

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    I was wondering if there'd be a Black Panther tie-in, although I feel like the less vibranium out in the world, the better.
    Oh definitely as shown here and in AOU. Makes me wonder if Klaw sold some to the government back in the day.
    Somewhere, a nerd cries. I feel nothing.

So next episode is the 100th episode, and will be where Coulson finally reveals the deal he made with Ghost Rider. Really looking forward to it.

Incredible Member Elegant Dreamer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    So next episode is the 100th episode, and will be where Coulson finally reveals the deal he made with Ghost Rider. Really looking forward to it.
    I'm going to be really disappointed if Ghost Rider does not appear.

Seems the explosion caused a 'slight problem'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=QeNplHpA2RA

Astonishing Member

What do they mean by 3 monoliths exploding? I assume that means the ones down there in the last episode?

Quote Originally Posted by Elegant Dreamer View Post
    I'm going to be really disappointed if Ghost Rider does not appear.
    Likewise, but honestly, I'd be more disappointed if Mac and Elena doesn't get some sort of happy ending. That's what I really want out of this show at this point. Ghost Rider is a super-close second.