Page 5 of 573 FirstFirst 1234567891555105505 ... LastLast

Default Thoughts on Agents of SHIELD?

Personally I enjoy the show,however, I hear people say its terrible. They say the show has bad acting, awful story lines, bad character development, ect. I even heard that it is one of the many shows on the possible cancellation list. So what do you guys think of the show?

Gritty & Realistic Member Hatestorm's Avatar

It has it's ups and downs, but i still enjoy it.

I think alot of people watched it in the hope that The Sentry or someone would join the team, and start wrecking ****. They were disappointed when it became clear that the focus of the show was the Agents themselves, rather than people who can flatten skyscrapers.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Yeah, my bad. I posted that as an inside joke from the other forum. I had no intention on it becoming a topic again.
    I wasn't following the thread on the old board, so I didn't realize it was a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Well, whomever his grand dad is, I'm glad they revealed that he was a legacy after we saw him flex his muscle/character some. Usually, they intro legacy characters as if that's al they need character/legitimacy wise.
    Yeah, it's a nice little tidbit for the character, rather than having it be his defining characteristic.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hatestorm View Post
    It has it's ups and downs, but i still enjoy it.

I think alot of people watched it in the hope that The Sentry or someone would join the team, and start wrecking ****. They were disappointed when it became clear that the focus of the show was the Agents themselves, rather than people who can flatten skyscrapers.
    Yeah, I think people were expecting a lot more superhero action, when I think it was clear the focus would be on relatively normal people trying to live in the world of the fantastic.

To be fair, the series started out rather mundanely, as a fantastic-thing-of-the-week. On the other hand, I think this was on purpose, to set up the back half of the season.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenlore View Post
    That was a laugh out loud moment for me.
    Pure Coulson moment...and it was a very grounded moment.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    To be fair, the series started out rather mundanely, as a fantastic-thing-of-the-week. On the other hand, I think this was on purpose, to set up the back half of the season.
    It has improved. Some of the early weeks were kind of lame. I have to wonder how much of that was constraints imposed on the writing team by the release dates on Thor: The Dark World and Captain America: The Winter Soldier (i.e. "no you can't write any stories that really deal with SHIELD behaving in a corrupt manner because that's a major plot point in CA:TWS" or "you have a to have a story that has something to do with Asgardians in the episode airing the week after T:TDW, and no you can't do anything specifically related to T:TDW's plot because it might spoil something cool in the movie").

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Yeah, I think people were expecting a lot more superhero action, when I think it was clear the focus would be on relatively normal people trying to live in the world of the fantastic.
    I think Carabas said it best in stating (paraphrase) that some folks on the old board were annoyed that MAoS wasn't the show that they would have written, and reacted as tho that constituted a flaw in the show. That reaction did sort of bug me because a TV show can't be expected to have the kind of budget that makes the big-screen MCU films look so good. Further, I like the whole idea of show about what else is going on in the MCU.

Gritty & Realistic Member Hatestorm's Avatar

To be fair, i would like to see a few more names pop up. Not just for one episode like Blackout, but recurring characters who can either provide an occasional support role for the team, or drag them through hell for half a season.

Yes, agreed that it has ups and downs. Totally agree that we need to see more names and characters show up that are familiar to Marvel fans. Even Griffin getting a slight mention a few episodes ago was cool.

If this show had no ties to the Marvel Universe it would be a god awful network action show. Its only because I wanted to see how Coulsen survived Loki that I stuck with it. Now I'm intrigued as to how the fall out of Cap 2 will affect the MU.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hatestorm View Post
    To be fair, i would like to see a few more names pop up. Not just for one episode like Blackout, but recurring characters who can either provide an occasional support role for the team, or drag them through hell for half a season.
    Ya mean like Garrett?

Yeah, a mixture of both might be fun. But not all gaudy super villains or such....just some interesting people....

I loved the show right from the start. It was what I expected from all of the prerelease info. And it sure paid off. Hope it gets a second season!

It was the little moments like Hill talking to Pepper, the Man-Thing reference, Coulson's joke, and then the bigger moments like Fitz flipping out, that made this episode so cool. But now I worry about Simmons. Was she really sincere? Oh jeez...thinking too much about this episode...must stop..for now.

Mighty Member

Look's like they'll have Talbot hunting down Coulson and his team like he's always chasing Banner.

BANNED

What's a Man-Thing?

All-New Member

I always remember that the showrunner behind Friday Night Lights knew nothing about football. He just understood good drama, good writing, and he knew how to put characters through the wringer without getting caught up in sports cliches. Be interesting if someday we could get the successful superhero equivalent on TV.