Page 504 of 573 FirstFirst ... 4404454494500501502503504505506507508514554 ... LastLast
Results 7,546 to 7,560 of 8586
    Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I didn't really want to see any more of Hydra, but I have a feeling here we may get its actual origin story, and that of the Inhumans, which seem to be intertwined.

Astonishing Member

I think this twist was a given when following his story since the end of S1. The framework just tore away some of his ability to control his reality and he is finding new unsavoury ways of coping with the stress akin to DID. He was desperately trying to find a solution to a problem and the only answer he had, he couldn't bring himself to doing, hence The Doctor stepping in. Fitz and the Doctor may be like two very different people but their tenacity and drive to problem solving is the same with only different methods of attaining said results.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Coulson is gonna be in the cast for Captain Marvel
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...oulson-1097356

I doubt the show will address it but will be cool to see Coulson in a movie again.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post

I doubt the show will address it but will be cool to see Coulson in a movie again.
    Huh. Guess he's not dying this season, then.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Huh. Guess he's not dying this season, then.
    The Captain Marvel movie is set in the 90s, so Coulson's going to be younger and greener. He'll probably be in his early to mid 30s, and a contemporary of Carol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    The Captain Marvel movie is set in the 90s, so Coulson's going to be younger and greener. He'll probably be in his early to mid 30s, and a contemporary of Carol.
    Bet we get a joke about his captain America trading cards.

According to Wheedon Coulson was still dead in his mind. So the movie wont acknowledge he's alive but would be cool if we got 90s Phil here and then Alt reality Coulson in Avnegers 4. We know some weird shits happening given Quicksilver was spotted on set and Cap is wearing HIS Ugly Avnegers costume. So Coulson could appear there aswell.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 03-26-2018 at 02:16 PM.

Astonishing Member

^^ I certainly hope so.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Bet we get a joke about his captain America trading cards.

According to Wheedon Coulson was still dead in his mind. So the movie wont acknowledge he's alive but would be cool if we got 90s Phil here and then Alt reality Coulson in Avnegers 4. We know some weird shits happening given Quicksilver was spotted on set and Cap is wearing HIS Ugly Avnegers costume. So Coulson could appear there aswell.
    While I don't think the movies will necessarily acknowledge Coulson still being alive, it's worth pointing out that Joss Whedon isn't making any of the upcoming movies.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

dang. fitz. god dang. i gu ss thts what happens post frame work nd literwlly living years with your whooe team gone and needing to brutalize people to get to the future. And enough with hydra already. I swaer to god they better nit be in avengers 4.

PS: Holy shit the Gemma actress is really spectacular. She was great in the episodes where she was trapped in another dimension and she keeps being awesome. I wish there was some way she could be in a marvel movie. She has the chops for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    While I don't think the movies will necessarily acknowledge Coulson still being alive, it's worth pointing out that Joss Whedon isn't making any of the upcoming movies.
    Oh I know but he made the two Avnegers film's and said Coulson was still dead in his mind. So Fiege might be on th3 same page given how closely they worked together. Wheedon also worked on Agents OF Sheild and his brother runs it right? So it's kinda weird he feels that but who knows.

Man, Fitz is more screwed up than I realized! Daisy was in a lot of pain, but Fitz had his solution and wasn't going to give up.

For a second I thought Hale was going to become Rosalind Price 2.0. Coulson is definitely suicidal, or at least he thinks he's more expendable these days, but at least going with her team allowed him to get closer and learn more. Kind of a Romanoff tactic.

Sweet!

That's not why she vomited. She's pregnant with Deke's mother. When anyone coughs randomly in a movie or TV show, they have a deadly disease. When a woman vomits randomly, it means she's pregnant. Which is unfortunate, because it means she and Fitz don't have to reconcile (and Fitz doesn't even have to survive) for Deke to eventually be born at this point.
    Except this wasn't really random, was it? She'd just found out the grown man she's known for a few weeks and who she met in the future is her grandson. That's a might hefty info dump, particularly coming right on the heels of Fitz's break. My first impression on watching it was that it was a perfectly natural response to a thoroughly overwhelming couple of hours for her.

Besides, Deke's existence doesn't really guarantee anything anyway, regardless of whether Simmons is already pregnant. Let's face it, the entire arc of this half of the season is about actively changing the future... which in itself could put Deke's existence at risk anyway. Except that now he's already become an integral part of events happening in his own past, then his not existing would create a paradox. Wibbly wobbly etc etc....
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

FutureYoYo said they're caught in a time loop that can only be broken by Daisy allowing Coulson to die. Anything they do besides that will either have no effect at all or actually contribute to the future they experienced happening and right on schedule. So if anything Deke's presence alone confirms that the future they went to will still happen. I imagine when/if they let Coulson die, Deke will disappear. Not meaning that he won't exist, but since the Split Earth future never happens he has no monolith to use to travel back in time. Though if this is the final season maybe they'll come up with a way around this so everyone has a happy ending. Well...save Coulson.

Heh... Deke is Marty McFly, trying to keep his parents together so he doesn't fade out of existence.

Seriously, though, I'm pretty sure Simmons is pregnant. She almost *has* to be from a storytelling perspective, since otherwise Fitz gets invincible plot armor.

The time travel rules are weird in this show. Multiple versions of the same people can exist at the same time... and right this very moment, Enoch and another version of Fitz have to be sitting in a ship orbiting some nearby star, right? All the SHIELDers have memories of events that haven't actually happened yet. So who knows if changing the timeline would erase Deke from existence, or push him back into his own proper time, or have him be a completely different version of himself living on an Earth that was never destroyed.

Heh... Deke is Marty McFly, trying to keep his parents together so he doesn't fade out of existence.

Seriously, though, I'm pretty sure Simmons is pregnant. She almost *has* to be from a storytelling perspective, since otherwise Fitz gets invincible plot armor.

The time travel rules are weird in this show. Multiple versions of the same people can exist at the same time... and right this very moment, Enoch and another version of Fitz have to be sitting in a ship orbiting some nearby star, right? All the SHIELDers have memories of events that haven't actually happened yet. So who knows if changing the timeline would erase Deke from existence, or push him back into his own proper time, or have him be a completely different version of himself living on an Earth that was never destroyed.
    Most time travel stories suffer from the paradox conundrum only Back to the Future and Dr. Who doing relatively well at avoiding it. Basically you can only change history by accident or if you have no knowledge of the events because if you deliberately try to change history it's a paradox since you erase the reason you changed history and thus erase your reason for changing it to begin with.

Now Marvel Comics for a long time had it you couldn't change history that if you try all that happens is time heals itself in a sense and fractures and creates an alternate timeline in the Multiverse to stop a paradox from happening. One timeline where the original events play out and one where the new ones do. It's why Rachel Summers still existed even after they stopped the assassination of Robert Kelly.