Page 518 of 573 FirstFirst ... 18418468508514515516517518519520521522528568 ... LastLast
Results 7,756 to 7,770 of 8586
    Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Graviton's over-the-topness is why I think he will unfortunately be a one-and-done villain who won't survive the season.

There kind of HAS to be more to Thanos than a name-drop. In fact the movie has to have a profound effect on ALL the Marvel TV shows.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Graviton's over-the-topness is why I think he will unfortunately be a one-and-done villain who won't survive the season.

There kind of HAS to be more to Thanos than a name-drop. In fact the movie has to have a profound effect on ALL the Marvel TV shows.
    That would kind of difficult to do more like get rid of TV show casts because Thanos snapped his fingers. Logistically, the filmmakers would have had to tell all the tv show producers etc to prepare.

It would potentially force story line changes on shows in development already. We just got the Luke Cage 2 trailer for example, so they would have had to known to get rid of some side characters months ago. They didn't even give the entire script to some of the Infinity War cast. Let alone start telling TV show producers. It would be cool but I don't expect such large scale cooperation really.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Where the Netflix shows fall in terms of timeline has never been made clear. They exist in a bubble compared to the rest of the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Where the Netflix shows fall in terms of timeline has never been made clear. They exist in a bubble compared to the rest of the MCU.
    Yeah, the only indicators we really get is that Daredevil is set some time after Avengers and Jessica Jones Season 2 is set after Civil War. But the shows don't really explain even how much time has passed since those movies, and it's really rather vague where they are in the timeline compared to the movies.

Boisterously Confused

You know what a really lame season ender would be? Graviton's about to volume-economize everybody and suddenly he (and two-or-three SHIELD redshirts) Dust-In-The-Wind on us, leaving Team Coulson to look at each other in bewilderment - cut to black.

I will say this. I'm glad they put Thanos on the map. I sometimes think the movies' view of the MCU has gotten a bit too myopic. The last time we had some sense that there was world outside Movie-MCU's events was Jane Foster's awkward date in Thor:TDK.

I wonder why Robin's prophetic drawings don't seem to mention anything about Thanos. I also wonder why future Yo-Yo didn't mention anything about him. You would think it would be an event worth some attention in both cases. I wonder if there will be an alternate timeline that splits off from the main one, and happens before the events of the movie? Or the whole team could use a monolith to escape into another time period.

Mighty Member

Poor Coulson.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    You know what a really lame season ender would be? Graviton's about to volume-economize everybody and suddenly he (and two-or-three SHIELD redshirts) Dust-In-The-Wind on us, leaving Team Coulson to look at each other in bewilderment - cut to black.

I will say this. I'm glad they put Thanos on the map. I sometimes think the movies' view of the MCU has gotten a bit too myopic. The last time we had some sense that there was world outside Movie-MCU's events was Jane Foster's awkward date in Thor:TDK.
    That sounds like a cool ending to me, but would be confusing to anyone who hasn't seen Infinity War...lol

I'm not sure if the elephant in the room of Infinity War's cliffhanger will be mentioned in Agents of SHIELD. Most of us think that particular 'event' in the last few minutes of the movie will be undone somehow by events in the next one. Either way, it'd be surprising if Agents of SHIELD 'shelved' half the principal or recurring characters between now and the next movie.

For all we know, things will turn out so that from the point of view of everyone not directly involved in the resolution of the cliffhanger, the Thanos 'make half the population disappear' event won't have happened. But we still don't know what's going to happen there, so having there be NO disappearances or anything runs the risk of spoiling the resolution by implication.

Anyway, the season ender is coming up soon, with the burning question: To save the world, must the Agents of SHIELD let Coulson die? We'll have to find out next week.

The preview flat out told us somebody is going to die next week. Coulson would be the obvious choice... but maybe too obvious? We've gotten so prepared for it that it wouldn't have much emotional resonance anymore. Sudden and unexpected deaths... preferably ones that rip apart a happy couple... are the Whedon way.

Ultimate Member

Then again wouldn't one of the happy couple also be to obvious perhaps...

Mighty Member

The preview flat out told us somebody is going to die next week. Coulson would be the obvious choice... but maybe too obvious? We've gotten so prepared for it that it wouldn't have much emotional resonance anymore. Sudden and unexpected deaths... preferably ones that rip apart a happy couple... are the Whedon way.
    The showrunners have said it can act as a series finale if need be. Combine that with an easy way out of dealing with Infinity War... what if everyone dies? What if they literally kill off the entire main cast of the show. They would have to build in a way to revive them next season if they get renewed, but how hard would that be? They've already done it twice, with Coulson and Ward/Hive.

Now, do I actually think it's going that way? No. My "SHIELD Death Bingo" card has Daisy, Fitz and Yo-Yo on it. And Coulson. All of this calling back to the beginnings of the show tell me it ends as it started, with Coulson dead. But we'll have to see what rabbit they pull out of their hats next week. I just hope it isn't a let down. Talbot as Graviton has been so much fun, but they've made him so powerful that I'm not sure we'll get anything like a satisfying finale out of it.

I think they will give Coulson the caterpillar serum and give Graviton the odium, like they talked about. But before it kills him, the odium will magnify Graviton's powers to the point that he is able to crack the earth itself open. Since they're not about to destroy the MCU we know this isn't going to happen, so they will either stop it somehow or start a new timeline.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Mack. He didn't make it to the lighthouse in the future. Future Yo-yo never made it clear how he dies. He and Coulson have the biggest chances of dying.

I've never liked Mack so I hope he bites it.