Page 520 of 573 FirstFirst ... 20420470510516517518519520521522523524530570 ... LastLast
Results 7,786 to 7,800 of 8586

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I doubt they'll take time out of the show to do a retro arc. If the show gets renewed it will be with a budget cut probably, so the smaller cast necessitated by the events of IW might actually save the show.
    Be kinda sucky though, won't it? I'm hyped that the show's got another season, but if half the cast have to be culled, that's gonna be more bitter than sweet. Especially for the show's (presumably) final season.

Frankly, I'll take any explanation at all that the whole team survived, even if it's just sheer dumb luck!
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

Astonishing Member

Sweet Jesus!

Incredible Member

13 episodes, curious if this will be the last season

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

As I thought, 13 episodes and probably starting in January.

I would assume it's the last season, unless the Disney streaming service wants more.

I go back and forth on the whole Coulson/May ship, but damn if that wasn't one epic kiss! May's fight was cool too.

Talbot is terrifying! I like his son calling him out on not being a hero, the Avengers wouldn't want that guy. Poor Carl.

I wonder why Robin's prophetic drawings don't seem to mention anything about Thanos.
    She didn't have a purple crayon on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    For all we know, things will turn out so that from the point of view of everyone not directly involved in the resolution of the cliffhanger, the Thanos 'make half the population disappear' event won't have happened. But we still don't know what's going to happen there, so having there be NO disappearances or anything runs the risk of spoiling the resolution by implication.
    My theory is that we'll see Black Bolt and the rest of the Inhumans on Earth vanish.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    I feel like yo-yo will die. They won’t kill the newly married couple in my opinion but I feel it has to be one of the ones who feel “invincible”.
    How about the newly married couple's grandson? Yo-yo's death would certainly be shocking, she seems the one most likely to make it to the future.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueandGold View Post
    IF the show is renewed, would anyone else like the 6th season be about the early days of Shield (if Hayley Atwell is available to come back as Agent Carter). It could be the first half of the season, then the second half of the season could be the aftermath of Infinity War.
    They could just split it up in episodes. Have flashbacks to something Agent Carter's newly founded SHIELD had to deal with that is resurfacing today to trouble the modern SHIELD.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    My theory is that we'll see Black Bolt and the rest of the Inhumans on Earth vanish.
    The Royal Family will disintegrate so hard that they never existed in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    How about the newly married couple's grandson? Yo-yo's death would certainly be shocking, she seems the one most likely to make it to the future.
    We know that the Earth isn't going to crack apart in the MCU, so nobody is actually safe by virtue of us having seen them in the future. The characters don't know that, of course. It kind of robs the crisis of its drama to know that it can't actually happen, unless the possibility of multiple timelines are in play. The fact that Robin draws nothing about Thanos (that we've seen) either means that the Big Poof doesn't happen in the timeline AoS is going to follow, or it was irrelevant because the death of 50% of humanity was immediately followed by the death of 99.9% of humanity. The future characters never bring up Thanos, and we know that in this scenario Daisy, Fitz, Simmons, Yo-Yo, and May survive, along with Robin, Kasius Senior and both his sons.

It could be that the splitting of the Earth was going to happen before the Big Poof, which could possibly have prevented Thanos from getting the Mind Stone and therefore saved half the lives in the universe. Wouldn't it be hilarious if the SHIELDers knew that their choice was to either doom 99.9% of Earth's population, or 50% of the universe's population?

Another Catch-22... the team wants to stop Graviton before he finds Ian Quinn's gravitonium mine and powers up enough to crack the Earth open. They want to stop him by infusing him with odium... but odium gives you a big power boost before it kills you. What if having all his cells infused with odium is what powers Graviton up enough to destroy the Earth?

It's going to be a very interesting episode this Friday.

Huh... the show's not coming back until summer 2019. Which means they can likely skip over the whole 50% thing if they want to.

Over a year?
    Damn.

But hey, it sounds like it might not be the final season after all.

Boisterously Confused

Huh... the show's not coming back until summer 2019. Which means they can likely skip over the whole 50% thing if they want to.
    First thing that I thought when I saw the article. "We can just hand-wave, or even ignore this whole Thanos-thing if we want to."

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    First thing that I thought when I saw the article. "We can just hand-wave, or even ignore this whole Thanos-thing if we want to."
    I have a feeling we'll get a stinger reflecting the end of Infinity War. The big spoiler from Winter Soldier was revealed not that long after the movie premiered, as I recall (was it the Tuesday after it came out?) so over three weeks is plenty.

The thing about the big events in the movies is that they're out of the AoS characters' hands, and therefore wouldn't have much dramatic value for the show. As far as the show is concerned, half the cast would just randomly turn to dust in next week's episode, and then in the season 6 premiere (after Avengers 4 is already out, certainly reversing the effects) they would all stand around saying, "Whew, didn't it suck when Fitz and Mack and Yo-Yo spent a year as kitty litter?" It would probably make more sense to just skip past it. The characters would be affected, of course, and you'd have to make some reference to it next season, but since everything depends on what the Avengers do it might be better left off-screen.

And if the effects are reversed by somebody using the Time Stone to reverse time to a pre-Thanos period, then all of the reversed time wouldn't exist anymore anyway.
    Last edited by AndrewCrossett; 05-15-2018 at 01:18 PM.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Innocent Bystander View Post
    I have a feeling we'll get a stinger reflecting the end of Infinity War. The big spoiler from Winter Soldier was revealed not that long after the movie premiered, as I recall (was it the Tuesday after it came out?) so over three weeks is plenty.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    You know what a really lame season ender would be? Graviton's about to volume-economize everybody and suddenly he (and two-or-three SHIELD redshirts) Dust-In-The-Wind on us, leaving Team Coulson to look at each other in bewilderment - cut to black.
    If they're going to incorporate it, I hope that it's better than that.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 05-15-2018 at 04:45 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Summer 2019 means that the show can pick up after Avengers 4.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Summer 2019 means that the show can pick up after Avengers 4.
    Which can be Awesome or a Complete Copout. Hoping for the best

Incredible Member

My guesses for the finale

spoilers:
    Yo-yo will vanish and come back with her arms. Fitz will go too. Simmons has been sunk in the ocean, infiltrated Hydra, been to sucked to another planet, and dragged to the future. Fitz was sunk and a prisoner with a big screen TV. His turn for something. I'd guess Coulson too, just before he dies and come back cured and whole as well.
    end of spoilers
    Sounds perfect.