Page 521 of 573 FirstFirst ... 21421471511517518519520521522523524525531571 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,815 of 8586
    Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

ABC says they have no plans to end the show after season 6. (Though I can't imagine it getting a season 7 if its ratings don't improve, or Disney requires it.) The short season and delay to summer 2019 might be specifically in order to avoid having to deal directly with the effects of Infinity War.

Wow, so they really can do an Infinity War tie-in before returning for the next season. This finale could be one HECK of a cliffhanger!

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    It could be that the splitting of the Earth was going to happen before the Big Poof, which could possibly have prevented Thanos from getting the Mind Stone and therefore saved half the lives in the universe. Wouldn't it be hilarious if the SHIELDers knew that their choice was to either doom 99.9% of Earth's population, or 50% of the universe's population?
    What kind of crappy choice is that?! That's horrifying.

The thing about the big events in the movies is that they're out of the AoS characters' hands, and therefore wouldn't have much dramatic value for the show. As far as the show is concerned, half the cast would just randomly turn to dust in next week's episode, and then in the season 6 premiere (after Avengers 4 is already out, certainly reversing the effects) they would all stand around saying, "Whew, didn't it suck when Fitz and Mack and Yo-Yo spent a year as kitty litter?" It would probably make more sense to just skip past it. The characters would be affected, of course, and you'd have to make some reference to it next season, but since everything depends on what the Avengers do it might be better left off-screen.
    Events in the movies are out of their hands, yes, but they always have to deal with the fallout of the big stuff (like what happened to SHIELD in Winter Soldier or the Sokovia Accords in Civil War). Then we've got Coulson actually being in the Captain Marvel movie, so that's something the show can reflect as well.

Yeah, but the Captain Marvel movie is set in the 90's, so it will have no direct bearing on AoS.

I'm sure the showrunners have some creative way to deal with all of this. Can't wait to see how.

Fantastic Member

Yeah, but the Captain Marvel movie is set in the 90's, so it will have no direct bearing on AoS.

I'm sure the showrunners have some creative way to deal with all of this. Can't wait to see how.
    I mean, sure, aside from Clark Gregg having some role as Coulson in it that would be fodder for next season.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

I wasn't ready for that ending ;_;
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Well...

That was a pretty craft side step.

Mighty Member

Quake knocking Graviton into outer space. Wow!!!

What happened to Fitz? Coulson said something about Simmons finding him in space.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    What happened to Fitz? Coulson said something about Simmons finding him in space.
    Yes there is a version of Fitz in cryostasis floating around in space, that's how he got to the future.
    Dissapointed that no one turned into dust at some point in the end.

Wow... is that level of power permanent for Quake? Because, damn.

I totally forgot they have a spare Fitz! Heh. I guess they have their task for next season.

We didn't see Deke after Daisy took the serum and reset the timeline. Nobody even mentioned Deke. If he's still alive that means either a) Jemma is already pregnant or b) they rescue the spare Fitz and reunite. Fitz will have missed an awful lot of cool adventures, though.

Or maybe he never existed because they short-circuited that future.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowras View Post
    Yes there is a version of Fitz in cryostasis floating around in space, that's how he got to the future.
    Dissapointed that no one turned into dust at some point in the end.
    Oh yeah. This Fitz is post frozen Fitz from the future. Of course that Fitz won't know anything about what happened....my head hurts.

But Tahiti is a magical place.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

We need the Doctor to explain all this timey-wimey stuff for us.

I'm not surprised they ignored the Big Dusting. It looks like the showrunners thought this would be the end of the series, and that would be a pretty low note to go out on as well as a cliffhanger. Which is probably the main reason they're delaying next season until after Avengers 4 when it will no longer be an issue that needs to be addressed except maybe in passing.

So, do we think they find a way to save Coulson before the next season?
    Last edited by Kirby101; 05-18-2018 at 07:59 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    So, donwe think they find a way to save Coulson before the next season?
    I think Clark Gregg loves doing the show and the people he works with. It shouldn't be too hard to synthesize something from Daisy's blood, right?

a b-plot for the premiere could be a race to get the cure to him

The death of Fitz reminds me of the time-travel duplicate paradox from Futurama. Time somehow always corrects itself by killing off one of the duplicates. I was pretty pissed until they reminded us that the present-day Fitz is still in stasis somewhere in space whereas the Fitz of most of the season is actually from the future. I think a lot of people who tuned out this season but came back for the finale are going to be confused.