Page 523 of 573 FirstFirst ... 23423473513519520521522523524525526527533 ... LastLast
Results 7,831 to 7,845 of 8586
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    But what about that space shuttle that exploded after launch because one of its insulation panels was missing?

If her boost in power is permanent, Daisy is now an Avengers-level superhero. I wonder if the writers were prepared to deal with that level of power in an ongoing character (if this wasn't the series finale, which it isn't), or if they will nerf her somehow next year.
    I would accept her getting a limited time boost from the Centipede serum. "I was Avengers level for 60 seconds!"

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    But what about that space shuttle that exploded after launch because one of its insulation panels was missing?

That wasn't from heat friction with the air. The Challenger O-Ring gave out one of the Rockets ruptured.

You might be thinking of the Columbia, which exploded due to heat shield failure on Re-Entrywhen the friction causes heat.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How did Daisy survive being pile driven into the ground from that height?
    Asked the same question lol. Episode hit me in the feels though. Wow did expect that.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How did Daisy survive being pile driven into the ground from that height?
    Talbot could have saved her. She would have to be alive to be absorbed by him.
    Sounds perfect.

Astonishing Member

Actually it occurs to me as well that sad as it was, Deke and Future Fitz are gone. Deke's room apparently is shown and it's empty the second time (because he never existed anymore) theoretically that happened to Future Fitz too after his death once the timeline was actually fixed or broken depending on how we view it.

Damn though. This ending got me. Really great bittersweet ending.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    And it nearly drove him mad. Remember season 2? Drawing Kree symbols and obsessing over visions isn't exactly healthy behavior. Why would Coulson want to go through something like again? The only reason he was able to work past the mental side effects was by solving the Kree city puzzle. What if that doesn't stave off the effects a second time.

Plus, no promise that it works the same way twice. That had been processed (it was the 25th attempt at a Kree blood serum, hence GH-25), which Simmons and Fitz would have to replicate. And even if they did, it's unclear if the aftereffects of Ghost Rider possession would even allow the serum to work again.

The whole point was to call back to Fury prior to the series, unable to let go. With May and Daisy in the Fury role, determined to save Coulson whether he wanted it or not. This time the man got to make a choice for himself, and he chose to exit on his own terms. At some point you just have to say, 'Hey, I had a good run. Now let's go enjoy what time I have left.' Especially on your second go around.
    It only lasted 6 months then vanished entirely. Necessary sacrifice to not die.

I think they said ghost rider burned all the kree blood out of his system, so it'd just work the same way it did the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Actually it occurs to me as well that sad as it was, Deke and Future Fitz are gone. Deke's room apparently is shown and it's empty the second time (because he never existed anymore) theoretically that happened to Future Fitz too after his death once the timeline was actually fixed or broken depending on how we view it.

Damn though. This ending got me. Really great bittersweet ending.
    I am not sure about that. Deke said he was leaving to explore the World.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Deke said he wanted to explore the world before he vanished. He didn't want to waste his last remaining moments in the lighthouse.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The thing I just can not get over is Daisy. She is just so selfish she was willing to put the whole world at risk just to save her father figure and no one fought her on it. She just did not care as long as her "daddy" could live if the rest of the world burned. It drove me nuts that everyone was just blindly following her except Yo-Yo who kept screaming at them over and over that what they were doing what was led to Earth being destroyed, but Daisy, May, Fitz, and Simmons just didn't care as long as they could save Coulson. It really made the whole team look so bad and not like heroes at all to me. I was kind of glad Fitz died because he had become unbearable this season with his "the future can not be changed mantra".

Boisterously Confused

I was stunned by the guts this episode showed in killing off Fitz. Right up until they reminded me that he's actually still floating around in space, and there's no need to leave him there since that they've altered the future in which he went to rescue them, so he doesn't necessarily die.

Of course, if they pull him out of his nap-pod, and he's not there to help rescue them in the future, how do they get back to... agh! Brain Cramp!

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I was stunned by the guts this episode showed in killing off Fitz. Right up until they reminded me that he's actually still floating around in space, and there's no need to leave him there since that they've altered the future in which he went to rescue them, so he doesn't necessarily die.

Of course, if they pull him out of his nap-pod, and he's not there to help rescue them in the future, how do they get back to... agh! Brain Cramp!
    That's because you look at time linearly, as cause and effect. When in fact it is a wibbly-wobbly ball of timey-whimey......

So, as Graviton/Talbot dies in space heading towards the sun, does the gravitonium die with him? Is it able to be farmed?

A great ending to an awesome season.

And, I should mention the actual lighthouse we have all seen in the show this season is in my neighborhood...sort of. It's actually about 15-20 minutes away from where I live. It is Portland Head Light, in South Portland, Maine. One of the writers for the now-defunct Marvel: Avengers Alliance game lives near there, and I am a couple of towns south. The lighthouse image was actually featured in the game as a locale for character XP leveling (destination for flight deck training on a SHIELD carrier).
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by hulahulk View Post
    So, as Graviton/Talbot dies in space heading towards the sun, does the gravitonium die with him? Is it able to be farmed?

A great ending to an awesome season.

And, I should mention the actual lighthouse we have all seen in the show this season is in my neighborhood...sort of. It's actually about 15-20 minutes away from where I live. It is Portland Head Light, in South Portland, Maine. One of the writers for the now-defunct Marvel: Avengers Alliance game lives near there, and I am a couple of towns south. The lighthouse image was actually featured in the game as a locale for character XP leveling (destination for flight deck training on a SHIELD carrier).
    Soooo...you are claiming credit?

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I imagine the Gravitonium is still out there in Talbot's body. The consciousness of Franklin Hall, Ian Quinn, and the people Talbot absorbed are probably still alive, though whether they're capable of doing anything is unlikely. If somebody other than SHIELD knows Talbot is out there, though, it might be worth their while to try and retrieve his body. Could Talbot's consciousness take refuge in the gravitonium and survive? Maybe, but I don't think that body would be useable anymore under any circumstances.

I'm wondering why he lunged at Daisy physically instead of wadding her up.

Just re-watched the episode, and it looks to me like the timeline re-set when Robin said "something's different," and then things went slow motion for a moment. Right at that moment Daisy found the centipede serum in her armor, took it, and killed Graviton, thus preventing him from destroying the Earth. If she hadn't taken it, Graviton would have absorbed her, and he would have had his own gravity powers, plus Daisy's quake powers, all of it supercharged by the centipede serum he would have also unknowingly absorbed. Then when he tried to dig for gravitonium he would have split the planet apart.

But this re-set the timeline and apparently isolated the status quo. Which is why they can now go and retrieve Frozen Fitz even though in the old timeline, doing so would have prevented him from rescuing them in the future... that future now no longer exists. And Deke can still be alive because he was in this timeline, even though the future he comes from now will never happen. All the other people they met in the future will either never exist or will have much different lives than the ones we saw.

Deke vanishing as a result of the changing timeline would be completely arbitrary when held up to other results of the change. That's assuming he did actually vanish. We don't know.

Deke exists in the present, having arrived there from the future. The SHIELD crew exists in the present, having arrived there from the same future. Then that future is changed. How can the crew have returned from a version of the future that will never exist? How can they have memories of something that can't and won't have happened to them? If they can be in the here and now, memories intact, so should Deke be able to.
    Live true or lie well.