Page 524 of 573 FirstFirst ... 24424474514520521522523524525526527528534 ... LastLast
Results 7,846 to 7,860 of 8586
    Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    If she hadn't taken it, Graviton would have absorbed her, and he would have had his own gravity powers, plus Daisy's quake powers, all of it supercharged by the centipede serum he would have also unknowingly absorbed. Then when he tried to dig for gravitonium he would have split the planet apart.
    I don't know if her unknowingly having the serum on her was true for the previous time loop. At least, it seems more poignant that the change in the timeline came from Coulson sacrificing his health to sneak the serum into her gauntlet, as opposed to her just not noticing it in the previous loop.

Fitz and May going to back up Mack also probably played some role in the change, given their prophetic knowledge that Mack and the girl's mother didn't make it to the Lighthouse in the loop and this may have been the event.

If they do want to bring Graviton back, yeah I'm sure you could easily write that the Gravitonium in his dead body still contains Hall's consciousness and everyone else (maybe even Talbot, who knows) and could be used by someone else. But who knows, they now have to go back to the drawing board to work up stories now that their renewal was an eleventh hour surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    I don't know if her unknowingly having the serum on her was true for the previous time loop. At least, it seems more poignant that the change in the timeline came from Coulson sacrificing his health to sneak the serum into her gauntlet, as opposed to her just not noticing it in the previous loop.
    I think the change was, literally, her not trying to save Coulson, or rather not forcing the issue. Its possible in the original timeline 1) she never put Mac in charge (cause doing so lead to different decisions being made which interestingly saved his life (or exchanged his life for Fitz's)) 2) when Coulson pops up and says he didn't take the serum, she MADE him take it, jammed it in his neck even. Maybe even after searching for the syringe Daisy shortly discovers its in her gauntlet and then jams it into Coulson, so she never had it on her when she faces Graviton. The irony being, if the original timeline took place, she would have succeeded in saving Coulson only for him to die anyway with most of the populace once Graviton absorbed her and split the world in half.

Honestly, I salute the writers on how they solved the Fitz dilemma.

The frozen Fitz hasn't let the Doctor personality take him over yet (meaning he wasn't the one to alienate Daisy and Mack), so there being no more bad blood can be explained pretty easily.

Ok, he isn't technically married to Jemma yet, but that is but a small obstacle

Quote Originally Posted by Forseti View Post
    Deke vanishing as a result of the changing timeline would be completely arbitrary when held up to other results of the change. That's assuming he did actually vanish. We don't know.

Deke exists in the present, having arrived there from the future. The SHIELD crew exists in the present, having arrived there from the same future. Then that future is changed. How can the crew have returned from a version of the future that will never exist? How can they have memories of something that can't and won't have happened to them? If they can be in the here and now, memories intact, so should Deke be able to.
    True, if Deke disappeared, then all other consequences of that timeline should disappear as well, including any memories of it formed in their brains. Or of him. Conversely, if their memories persist, then so should his existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post

Fitz and May going to back up Mack also probably played some role in the change, given their prophetic knowledge that Mack and the girl's mother didn't make it to the Lighthouse in the loop and this may have been the event.

If they do want to bring Graviton back, yeah I'm sure you could easily write that the Gravitonium in his dead body still contains Hall's consciousness and everyone else (maybe even Talbot, who knows) and could be used by someone else. But who knows, they now have to go back to the drawing board to work up stories now that their renewal was an eleventh hour surprise.
    Or the Kree could pick him up and resurrect him/them physically using the same technology that they used to do it repeatedly with future Yo-yo.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Yeah, Fitz and Simmons will have to get re-married... and it will be awkward if she's already pregnant...

Robin said that Coulson was the key to "putting everything back together," so I think the key difference was that in the original timeline, Coulson took the serum and then Daisy didn't have it and was defeated by Graviton. In this timeline he made the decision to give it to Daisy.

So originally it would have been Graviton with the addition of Daisy's normal powers that would have destroyed the Earth. Which still seems like a stretch without the centipede serum.

Anyone else like this show better than the MCU movies?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WeirdSpider View Post
    I love the movies but I love this show a bit more.

Not me. The movies are great. Infinity War was incredible.

The ending was a bit of a headfuck as Fitz died but yet there is still a frozen Fitz, the timeline in my head was all over the place

No, but it is better than most of the other Marvel shows. I'd put it above the Defenders, IF, LC, and the Runaways. I'd rank it along side JJ, Punisher, and DD. I try not to compare TV shows to movies.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Incredible Member

This Fitz had to die; "The time-paradox duplicate is always doomed."

Do they have to go looking for Fitz? Enoch should notice Earth didn't break and bring him back.
    Sounds perfect.

That was pretty incredible. I loved seeing Daisy face Talbot, and it makes sense that her strategy to appeal to him as a soldier was the same technique Hydra used to condition him, so it made him flip out. I wonder if the frozen Talbot corpse up in space is going to bump into the frozen Ebony Maw corpse.

Also that Fitz stuff...damn. I forgot about the duplicate, the way his hands were shaking and everything...wow, I knew that had to be it for him.

I could see how this would've made for a good series finale, for Coulson at least. Finally uniting with May for his final days and living them out in Tahiti. Although it's kind of a swerve that Mack ended up being Director over Daisy. Would've made for a nice conclusion to her story throughout the series, but I guess Coulson being proud of her is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Innocent Bystander View Post
    I mean, sure, aside from Clark Gregg having some role as Coulson in it that would be fodder for next season.
    So probably no Infinity War stuff, but I do hope they piggyback off something in Captain Marvel to bring Coulson back next season.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    We didn't see Deke after Daisy took the serum and reset the timeline. Nobody even mentioned Deke. If he's still alive that means either a) Jemma is already pregnant or b) they rescue the spare Fitz and reunite. Fitz will have missed an awful lot of cool adventures, though.

Or maybe he never existed because they short-circuited that future.
    Is Jemma still wearing her ring? That was the ring Deke got her, and it's his grandmother's. Maybe she will just hold on to it until she finds Frozen Fitz and gets him up to speed.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    The death of Fitz reminds me of the time-travel duplicate paradox from Futurama. Time somehow always corrects itself by killing off one of the duplicates.
    I was thinking that too. Do we have a spare Coulson somewhere that can live after this one dies? If it worked for Philip J. Fry, it should work for Philip J. Coulson.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I love the movies but I love this show a bit more.
    That's where I'm at too. I've spent more time with this crew. It's an advantage of a weekly series. We've gotten to see Fitz & Simmons realize that they love each other. We've watched Skye ditch her Scrappy status and grow into a real hero. We've watched May come to grips with Bahrain, and finally regain the warmth she kept locked inside. The Avengers may be a team, but these wonderful folks are family I've been happy to invite into my home every week.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Is Jemma still wearing her ring? That was the ring Deke got her, and it's his grandmother's.
    Huh... I don't know. I forgot all about that. And I believe there was a close-up of her hands when she went to pick up that tool Fitz had given her. If someone still has that episode on DVR they should check out that scene.