Page 526 of 573 FirstFirst ... 26426476516522523524525526527528529530536 ... LastLast
Results 7,876 to 7,890 of 8586

In some ways this is AoS's own fault it tried way to much to be part of the films and it's now bite them. Forget the Netflix shows even shows like Runaways and Cloak and Dagger are now better off because it's more believable they're pre snap.

Extraordinary Member

The 5 year jump kind of hoses it all. Maybe if they had just rebooted to the point just before the snap on Wakanda and finished Endgame that way then it all could tie together.

The snap-thing is a little sad, but I'm not gonna dwell on it. The episode was good nonetheless, both in story and especially in terms of visuals. The reduced number of episodes really shows.

I always wait for this show to go onto Netflix before binging but this snap thing is really irksome. I hope they incorporate it before the end of the season because this show has been way too linked to MCU canon to just back out of it

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    He killed that SHIELD agent in cold blood.
    No, he told the agent to let the girl go first. He even specifically said, "I don't ask twice." The agent didn't lower his weapon.

That's magnitudes different from killing someone who is helpless. If Sarge or any of his crew were cold blooded killers, the SHIELD agents (and likely most of the people in the museum that they warned to run, and the kids in the park) would all be dead now.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    No, he told the agent to let the girl go first. He even specifically said, "I don't ask twice." The agent didn't lower his weapon.

That's magnitudes different from killing someone who is helpless. If Sarge or any of his crew were cold blooded killers, the SHIELD agents (and likely most of the people in the museum that they warned to run, and the kids in the park) would all be dead now.
    I disagree the agent was confused and not threatening faux Coulson. If the agent had been pointing a gun at faux Coulson or alien woman it would have been possible to explain it. Do not forget they have been running promos with faux Coulson saying he has killed people on many planets.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I don't really mind the show veering off from the larger MCU. The movies never acknowledged the existence of any of the shows (except for Jarvis's cameo in Endgame) and we've just reached the end of the biggest story arc in cinematic history, so it's a good jumping-off point. The people still watching AoS long ago realized that there won't be any crossover apart from references, easter eggs and the occasional guest appearance by a B-list character. The show needed a thematic assist from the movies back when it was flailing in season 1, but the show has become definitely strong enough to plot its own course.

If the Snap had been acknowledged, it would have necessarily dominated every aspect of the story. They would have had to kill off several key characters as a result of somebody else's story. The decision not to do that was the right one, even if it means they have to hand-wave the timeline of events somewhat. (Ming's claim that it's pre-Snap doesn't really add up... we were told Thanos was already on his way to Earth last season, and a full year of AoS time has passed since then.)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    I disagree the agent was confused and not threatening faux Coulson. If the agent had been pointing a gun at faux Coulson or alien woman it would have been possible to explain it. Do not forget they have been running promos with faux Coulson saying he has killed people on many planets.
    Re-watch the scene. The agent never lowers his weapon. It's always on Sarge until Sarge shoots him.

I think it's a little thin at this point to try to cast Sarge and his crew as misunderstood good guys. Whatever the situation with Agent Fox, there was certainly a body count at the museum and a reaction of enjoyment rather than regret from the perpetrators. And the way the guy stuck in the wall was ranting and taunting them said "Crazy murder cult" much more than "crack commando team."

But they were laying subtle hints that Jaco, the big guy, might have a heart somewhere. I expected him to blow away that kid sprawled on the basketball court, but he just glared at him and walked away. And there was the little girl with the balloon at the museum whom he told to get away.

Mighty Member

Well said, I agree with your analysis.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I don't really mind the show veering off from the larger MCU. The movies never acknowledged the existence of any of the shows (except for Jarvis's cameo in Endgame) and we've just reached the end of the biggest story arc in cinematic history, so it's a good jumping-off point. The people still watching AoS long ago realized that there won't be any crossover apart from references, easter eggs and the occasional guest appearance by a B-list character. The show needed a thematic assist from the movies back when it was flailing in season 1, but the show has become definitely strong enough to plot its own course.

If the Snap had been acknowledged, it would have necessarily dominated every aspect of the story. They would have had to kill off several key characters as a result of somebody else's story. The decision not to do that was the right one, even if it means they have to hand-wave the timeline of events somewhat. (Ming's claim that it's pre-Snap doesn't really add up... we were told Thanos was already on his way to Earth last season, and a full year of AoS time has passed since then.)
    It's late in the game to start veering off on it's own path when the show was so heavily in the films shadow. I would easily buy if they hadn't made reference to Infinity War last season and fucked themselves on a continuity standpoint.

Since the show and the movies will probably never refer to each other in the future, the continuity question becomes pretty moot. Just imagine that it all takes place pre-Thanos!Snap or spoilers:
    post-Hulk!Snap
    end of spoilers and it shouldn't really matter as far as enjoying the show is concerned. Sucks if you're trying to edit a wiki, though.

Extraordinary Member

Might not be a popular opinion..but maybe this should be the last season.

There have been so many missed opportunities. I get they could not have Movie characters showing up on a regular basis...and that was not what I wanted (at least not to be a major thing). But introduce more minor characters from the comics that cold be well done on a TV budget. Once they introduced Inhumans it became all Inhuman all the time....Daisy, Yo Yo, Hellfire...not Inhuman in the comics. Where are the others 'origins' where are the super soldier attempts, where are the magic users, where are the radiation accidents. Yes Ghost Rider was done great...better than Nick Cage's movies. But that was an example of the few and far between. They took Talbot...a world class tool in the comics...and made him a likable character....then hosed him by making him Graviton. Then they kill Phil....and introduce us to Sarge who has his face. Didn't like it when they made Ward Hive...and really thinking I am not going to like this Sarge thing.

So...maybe it has run it's course.

Really thought TaskMaster would show up here but iono maybe use him in Shang Chi or Black Panther 2

I was afraid maybe the show had run its course, last season seemed like a finale and I was kind of mystified why they renewed it (for 2 seasons!) despite its low ratings. But this season premiere reassured me. They seem to have given it a good shake-up. And Daisy and Yo-Yo are perfectly able to hold the superhero end of the show up... watching Endgame, I would have placed Daisy among the second tier of supes, behind Captain Marvel and equal to the Avengers.

Despite being on Friday night, last week's episode had the highest rating of any since episode 8 of season 5, despite more than a year off.

And they only have to fill 13 episodes this season instead of the usual 22.