Page 534 of 573 FirstFirst ... 34434484524530531532533534535536537538544 ... LastLast
Results 7,996 to 8,010 of 8586
    Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    That's been said by the show folk. They are dissociated from the MCU.
    I knew they were story-wise, but I think they are literally in a different version of the MCU now... probably similar in most respects, with a big difference being that Thanos is not a threat. I thought maybe the two Coulsons would be a by-product of that timeline split, but what Izel said ("I know what he really is") suggests there's more to it than that. Sarge said his team was searching for people who "don't belong," which is why he confronted Deke... but clearly he himself doesn't belong here.

I have to say I am really enjoying this season. I had to binge the last four episodes yesterday to catch up. Fitz has had some great lines, especially in the episode where he and Simmons were in each others heads.

"I had some issues"
    "So you unleashed the bloody Ringu monster?!"

Enoch is such a fun character too. Joel Stoffer is doing a brilliant job. The look on his face when Kitson said he was sending Enoch to the brothels, followed by "I don't know what I'm feeling" was priceless. Good to see him getting his own storyline now instead of just being attached to Fitz.

Not-Coulson is really working for me too. Really intrigued to see what the deal is since they're really hammering home how identical he is to our Coulson. I'm still leaning towards my bodysnatched theory from earlier in the thread.

On a downside, Snowflake is one of the most irritating characters ever. The whole "I'm psychotic but talk about butterflies and beautiful souls" crap is just old and annoying.
    Currently Reading
    Immortal Hulk | Avengers | Thanos | Cosmic Ghost Rider | Darth Vader: Dark Visions | Guardians of the Galaxy | Fantastic Four
    Justice League | DCeased | The Batman Who Laughs | Green Lantern | Heroes in Crisis | Doomsday Clock | Last Knight on Earth
    Aliens: Rescue | Invisible Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by The Ozman View Post
    I have to say I am really enjoying this season. I had to binge the last four episodes yesterday to catch up. Fitz has had some great lines, especially in the episode where he and Simmons were in each others heads.

"I had some issues"
    "So you unleashed the bloody Ringu monster?!"

Enoch is such a fun character too. Joel Stoffer is doing a brilliant job. The look on his face when Kitson said he was sending Enoch to the brothels, followed by "I don't know what I'm feeling" was priceless. Good to see him getting his own storyline now instead of just being attached to Fitz.

Not-Coulson is really working for me too. Really intrigued to see what the deal is since they're really hammering home how identical he is to our Coulson. I'm still leaning towards my bodysnatched theory from earlier in the thread.

On a downside, Snowflake is one of the most irritating characters ever. The whole "I'm psychotic but talk about butterflies and beautiful souls" crap is just old and annoying.
    I agree with all that, especially about snowflake. I don't see her worth to the team. Her crazy downside offsets any use she may have.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I agree with all that, especially about snowflake. I don't see her worth to the team. Her crazy downside offsets any use she may have.
    Agreed, she's bringing absolutely nothing to the table beyond making up the numbers. Jaco and Pax are far better characters, and Snowflake has done nothing that they couldn't have done. Hopefully they'll have her do something interesting in the last four episodes otherwise I question what the point of her even was. If I have to hear her drone on about butterflies one more time I might need to stab myself with a bloody Shrike knife.
    Currently Reading
    Immortal Hulk | Avengers | Thanos | Cosmic Ghost Rider | Darth Vader: Dark Visions | Guardians of the Galaxy | Fantastic Four
    Justice League | DCeased | The Batman Who Laughs | Green Lantern | Heroes in Crisis | Doomsday Clock | Last Knight on Earth
    Aliens: Rescue | Invisible Kingdom

Astonishing Member

While I still do regularly watch and enjoy the show, anyone else feel that the cast and character interactions carry it? While it's had it's moments, I've rarely really cared about a chunk of the plots.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I have particularly liked this season... it may end up being my favorite season so far, actually. I think it has profited by its declaration of independence from the MCU.

I wonder if there is something more to Snowflake we haven't seen yet. Sarge chose her as his one pick for the away team... but maybe that's because he considered her the most expendable? I think her cray-cray thing might be an act... she seemed to get a lot more focused and rational once she found out she was sitting on a super nuke and her ride was taking off without her.

Wondering about that "magic sword" thing. At first I thought it was just a prop to get Daisy to reveal her power. Then I thought it might actually be the bomb... I didn't see it anywhere on Sarge when he left. But apparently they've found the bomb, if that's what it is. It looks a little bit too much what you'd expect a Science Fiction Bomb to look like, and they found it too easily. It might just have been a decoy Sarge planted for people to waste their time on if they were trying to find and disarm the real bomb.

Mighty Member

Great Scott May!!!!!!!

To this show's credit, it just keeps improving.

Well, there were a lot of twists I wasn't expecting. But of course we knew things were wrapping up a little TOO neatly with ten minutes left to go.

At least the next episode preview gives us further hints as to what might really be going on.

I like the theory that Sarge is really Fear Dimension Coulson, created when he nearly got sucked into the rift last season.

I'm guessing that Agent Davis is dead?

Jaco went out well. Too bad he gave his life to take out a ship filled with nothing but zombies, though.

Astonishing Member

Isn't it clear that wasn't May. Either taken over or someone else looking like her (Izel). So is "Coulson" completely out of the show now? That's a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Isn't it clear that wasn't May. Either taken over or someone else looking like her (Izel). So is "Coulson" completely out of the show now? That's a loss.
    Well, obviously if that was May, she was not herself at the time. As others have noted elsewhere, May is usually one of the most level-headed members of the team. To suddenly just walk in to Sarge's cell and shoot him several times without a word isn't like her. Clearly there's a lot more going on there than meets the eye.

And I doubt we've seen the last of Sarge, either, despite appearances.

Someone once called this the best comic book show on TV. Oh yeah, it was me, and it is.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

When Davis was with Jaco on Izel's ship, we saw her up on the bridge... then we saw Davis go up there alone, and next thing we see he's standing right where Izel was, and saying that she's gone. I think that she somehow took over Davis at that point and hitched a ride in his body back down to SHIELD HQ. Then at the party she jumped from him into May, had her shoot Sarge, and then jumped out again. In the preview we see Izel back in her regular body again.

And we see May still alive and having no memories of shooting Sarge. So we can assume Davis will probably wake up at some point with the last thing he remembers being on Izel's ship.

The only thing that doesn't add up is that Izel earlier said she didn't want to kill Sarge... but maybe hearing about his determination to kill her changed her mind.

No, I don't think we've seen the last of Sarge. But I do think Clark Gregg will be leaving the series after this season.

Mack and Yo-Yo back together!

Fitz's reaction to Deke was pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    When Davis was with Jaco on Izel's ship, we saw her up on the bridge... then we saw Davis go up there alone, and next thing we see he's standing right where Izel was, and saying that she's gone. I think that she somehow took over Davis at that point and hitched a ride in his body back down to SHIELD HQ. Then at the party she jumped from him into May, had her shoot Sarge, and then jumped out again. In the preview we see Izel back in her regular body again.

And we see May still alive and having no memories of shooting Sarge. So we can assume Davis will probably wake up at some point with the last thing he remembers being on Izel's ship.
    That would explain why Davis was so wiped out. I really hope he isn't dead, that would mean Piper was doing some Weekend At Bernie's stuff with him.