Page 539 of 573 FirstFirst ... 39439489529535536537538539540541542543549 ... LastLast
Results 8,071 to 8,085 of 8586
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Has this show even mentioned the events of Infinity War? I mean really if the half the worlds population just vanished the world would be in chaos. I would much rather have seen SHIELD out trying to stabalize the world situation than messing around with aliens and time travel.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Has this show even mentioned the events of Infinity War? I mean really if the half the worlds population just vanished the world would be in chaos. I would much rather have seen SHIELD out trying to stabalize the world situation than messing around with aliens and time travel.
    Apparently the official line is that all of this has taken place before the Snap... hard as that is to square with the things mentioned on the show. And having the whole cast jump back in time next season probably saves them from ever having to address it. I guess having half the cast sweeping up dust for 2 seasons, and laying off the other half, wasn't what they had in mind for the show going forward. The consequences of half the universe's population vanishing wasn't realistically dealt with in the movies anyway. The world went on as usual except that everybody was sad.

Astonishing Member

How big is Shield anyway? After finding out they were really a branch of the Nazis (no, no Hydra, ain't Nazis, blah, blah), are they just the TV crew in a big old plane? Do they have anymore resources than that and a Capital One card?

I hope they don't bring back Ward for Daisy to drool over. Daisy (learn out to shoot, please - you should have killed him - take a class).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    The show DID mention Thano's attack, torwards the end of season 5, whilst the teamwasdealing with Graviton.

I've just assumed that the series now takes time after the snap but before the 5 years later return. After all if ALL of Peter Parker'sclass do get snapped there's no reason none of the agents would, its meant to be completely random but half the universe that were snapped.

Quote Originally Posted by James Hunter View Post
    The show DID mention Thano's attack, torwards the end of season 5, whilst the teamwasdealing with Graviton.

I've just assumed that the series now takes time after the snap but before the 5 years later return. After all if ALL of Peter Parker'sclass do get snapped there's no reason none of the agents would, its meant to be completely random but half the universe that were snapped.
    I think the attack that was mentioned (something was said like "Can you believe what's going on in New York?") was Ebony Maw and Cull Obsidian's attack on Greenwich Village to get the Time Stone from Doctor Strange. That was probably a few weeks before the Great Snap.

So if it hasn't happened yet and they're already off into the past, it will never impact the storyline at least until they return to the present, which may not be until the end of the season, if ever.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I think the attack that was mentioned (something was said like "Can you believe what's going on in New York?") was Ebony Maw and Cull Obsidian's attack on Greenwich Village to get the Time Stone from Doctor Strange. That was probably a few weeks before the Great Snap.

So if it hasn't happened yet and they're already off into the past, it will never impact the storyline at least until they return to the present, which may not be until the end of the season, if ever.
    Or the people behind the show screwed up the continuity in relation to the movies. It's easier for me to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Or the people behind the show screwed up the continuity in relation to the movies. It's easier for me to believe.
    The problem was that the Infinity War/Endgame storyline was a supermassive black hole that sucked in every other simultaneous storyline in the MCU. If you have a Marvel show and you want to stay in continuity with the movies, your next season is gonna be about half the population of the universe turning to dust and blowing away. Even if you did a five-year time jump, you're still in the immediate aftermath of the biggest event in the history of the universe since the Big Bang.

Agents of SHIELD is a show with its own storyline, in its final season with no need to care about ratings or crossing over to film viewers. I would probably have made a similar decision if I was the showrunner.

The problem was that the Infinity War/Endgame storyline was a supermassive black hole that sucked in every other simultaneous storyline in the MCU. If you have a Marvel show and you want to stay in continuity with the movies, your next season is gonna be about half the population of the universe turning to dust and blowing away. Even if you did a five-year time jump, you're still in the immediate aftermath of the biggest event in the history of the universe since the Big Bang.

Agents of SHIELD is a show with its own storyline, in its final season with no need to care about ratings or crossing over to film viewers. I would probably have made a similar decision if I was the showrunner.
    AoS is the only show that tried to keep in line with the MCU films the rest would make mentions to past events but that's it. In their attempt to keep saying we're part of the film universe too they shot themselves in the foot.

The show from day one is meant to be a tie-in with the movies. If Infinity War/Endgame was going to be a massive inconvenience for the show it would have helped to not reference that Infinity War was happening simultaneously with the graviton plot last season. The show created this problem.

It's only a problem if you want it to be. I don't know how much the writers even knew about the movies at that time... the script was locked up tighter than the nuclear codes. Maybe they thought it would be something they could leapfrog with the hiatus, only to find out too late there was going to be several years between the two movies. In any case, I for one wouldn't want AoS to waste its last season just being a dutiful footnote for Endgame. It's part of the MCU so it can't contradict the official continuity, but it can ignore it if it has a plausible way to do so. This solution is... farfetched, but plausible. I'm fine with hand-waving it and getting on with the story the AoS writers want to tell.

This show has always been at it's best when it tied itself to the movies. It was meandering with boring Inhuman stuff. Season 4 with the Ghost Rider and LMD arcs is when it actually got good without a movie assist.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

They did openly admit to continuity error when the actors said that for them all of their finale business in Seasons 6 and 7 is before the snap as far as they are concerned. But a year has supposed to pass between Season 5 and 6, so no way all of this happens between Maw and Cull attacking in New York and the Snap. That was days to weeks apart at most.

They pretty much have to retcon the crazy stuff happening in New York as not being Maw and Cull and saying that Graviton happened in like 2016 and Season 6 and 7 in 2017 to early 2018.

This show has always been at it's best when it tied itself to the movies. It was meandering with boring Inhuman stuff. Season 4 with the Ghost Rider and LMD arcs is when it actually got good without a movie assist.
    That's when they pretty much declared their independence from the movies and started telling their stories instead of somebody else's. And it's been good since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
    They did openly admit to continuity error when the actors said that for them all of their finale business in Seasons 6 and 7 is before the snap as far as they are concerned. But a year has supposed to pass between Season 5 and 6, so no way all of this happens between Maw and Cull attacking in New York and the Snap. That was days to weeks apart at most.

They pretty much have to retcon the crazy stuff happening in New York as not being Maw and Cull and saying that Graviton happened in like 2016 and Season 6 and 7 in 2017 to early 2018.
    I certainly understand being bothered by continuity glitches, but I just want the show to end with a good story. With the time travel and the multiverse pretty much anything can be made to fit. (Just ask Any Superhero Comic Writer, 1938-present).

Mighty Member

The show from day one is meant to be a tie-in with the movies. If Infinity War/Endgame was going to be a massive inconvenience for the show it would have helped to not reference that Infinity War was happening simultaneously with the graviton plot last season. The show created this problem.
    It also created a potential solution. Namely, that the timeline the characters returned to after the Lighthouse in the future arc is no longer the MCU proper, but an alternate reality. Given the events of Endgame, maybe even the timeline that no longer has a Thanos. (2014 Thanos came to the 'present' and was annihilated with his army. If he wasn't returned by Tony's counter-Snap then that branch timeline no longer has to worry about Infinity War.)

The bigger issue is that the show didn't know how Endgame was going to play out. Better just to keep doing your thing on TV and not mention it. It's weird for the continuity obsessed, but it's better for the show's narrative.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    It also created a potential solution. Namely, that the timeline the characters returned to after the Lighthouse in the future arc is no longer the MCU proper, but an alternate reality. Given the events of Endgame, maybe even the timeline that no longer has a Thanos. (2014 Thanos came to the 'present' and was annihilated with his army. If he wasn't returned by Tony's counter-Snap then that branch timeline no longer has to worry about Infinity War.)

The bigger issue is that the show didn't know how Endgame was going to play out. Better just to keep doing your thing on TV and not mention it. It's weird for the continuity obsessed, but it's better for the show's narrative.
    The on screen Infinity War mention was after they came back from the future. The space baddies also specifically say Thanos is coming.