Page 54 of 573 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154554 ... LastLast
    Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

That awful hair color better be a part of her cover. Bobbi's a blond.

Ah well, loved the Fitz reveal at the end, I totally didn't see it coming, even though Simmons' interactions with him did seem awfully one-sided and one-dimensional, they were still completely probable. Great detail about how he doesn't want her touching things (it's convenient, because, as we now know, she actually CAN'T).

I'm thinking that when he came out of the coma, he was probably inappropriately angry/appropriately frustrated a lot at Simmons and she felt like it was her fault (because he did it to save her) and she thought he'd be better off without the constant reminder of her hanging around.

I want it reiterated that she left for Fitz's benefit, not her own.

Clearly, he couldn't handle life without her. So sad.

The Ward stuff was great, too, and that's speaking as one of the people who thought he was less interesting than a piece of cardboard for the majority of Season 1.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    According to the Red Skull, the Obelisk holds the solution to death. And you don't waste Lucy Lawless on a bitpart like this.
    I was wondering about that, did we get confirmation she's in more than one ep? She sure looked dead but then again, maybe it gives her weird powers over not staying dead.

There's a few thread so it may have been mentioned but it was funny when Trip was wondering about Koieng being so similar more than twin similar and then randomly having brothers here and there. I guess Koieng keeps mentioning them.

Hallucination Simmons was a twist, I take back thinking the show wouldn't deal with any fallout. My cynical mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Hallucination Simmons was a twist, I take back thinking the show wouldn't deal with any fallout. My cynical mistake.
    Yeah, same here, lol.

BTW, now that you mention Antoine Triplett, remember how he used the alias "General Jones"...?

I think he's definitely related to Gabe Jones. Gabe may've found himself a nice French lady while they were in France or like someone else already said, maybe Jacques introduced him to a female relative, lol.

And yes, I know it's a dead horse that I'm beating, but come on, he used the name "Jones" undercover, how could I NOT mention that...?
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    I was wondering about that, did we get confirmation she's in more than one ep? She sure looked dead but then again, maybe it gives her weird powers over not staying dead.

There's a few thread so it may have been mentioned but it was funny when Trip was wondering about Koieng being so similar more than twin similar and then randomly having brothers here and there. I guess Koieng keeps mentioning them.

Maybe she'll appear in flashbacks involving Coulson and May? She did look to have died from the crash and even if she didn't, the blood loss and shock would have done her in.

Incredible Member

An out there prediction for Lucy Lawless's character: She becomes the Grim Reaper.

I know wrong gender, no connection to Simon Williams but hear me out. Missing arm, the artifact has some association with death, Absorbing Man & Grim Reaper were part of the Lethal Legion and Lawless is too big of a name not to do something really interesting with her character.

You may now proceed to tear down my prediction.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Yeah, same here, lol.

BTW, now that you mention Antoine Triplett, remember how he used the alias "General Jones"...?

I think he's definitely related to Gabe Jones. Gabe may've found himself a nice French lady while they were in France or like someone else already said, maybe Jacques introduced him to a female relative, lol.

And yes, I know it's a dead horse that I'm beating, but come on, he used the name "Jones" undercover, how could I NOT mention that...?
    They said last season that he was descended from a Howling Commando...it's a pretty safe assumption it was Gabe Jones, right?

Seriously, we're still talking about Triplett's ancestry? Does it matter?

Anyways, great season opener, cool villain, hope Lawless ain't really dead, loved the Fitz twist at the end.

After watching this episode now i know why i dont care for the show.
    I dont care for the characters.
    The only thing i was focusing on in this episode was the mercs and all the new side characters. I wanted to know more about them and how they fit. I didnt care that super feelings Coulson is now a stranger to his crew, Skye is now some super agent, the man scientist ( i dont know their separate names and i dont want to look) is half dumb because this show is so predictable that there will be an episode where he will try to make himself smarter with some 084. Hopefully he would turn into a villain character.... that would be the only good thing that could come from something like that.

At the end of the episode i was feeling bad that half of the mercs died and they hardly did anything but be stereotypical nerds. In fact, for some reason i kept thinking that Talbot was going to Hulk out. He did mention the word green once. I think he may inject himself with some formula and probably turn into the Red Hulk? That would be awesome. The show needs crazy things like this.

I did like the twist on Absorbing Man, that he likes the feeling that he experiences when he turns into differences substances but he hardly said anything. He was literally just the monster of the week. No character.

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    An out there prediction for Lucy Lawless's character: She becomes the Grim Reaper.

I know wrong gender, no connection to Simon Williams but hear me out. Missing arm, the artifact has some association with death, Absorbing Man & Grim Reaper were part of the Lethal Legion and Lawless is too big of a name not to do something really interesting with her character.

You may now proceed to tear down my prediction.
    Maybe, haha. I do hope they do something with her... there was no point in hyping her appearance if this was all she was going to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    The only thing i was focusing on in this episode was the mercs and all the new side characters. I wanted to know more about them and how they fit. I didnt care that super feelings Coulson is now a stranger to his crew, Skye is now some super agent, the man scientist ( i dont know their separate names and i dont want to look) is half dumb because this show is so predictable that there will be an episode where he will try to make himself smarter with some 084. Hopefully he would turn into a villain character.... that would be the only good thing that could come from something like that.

At the end of the episode i was feeling bad that half of the mercs died and they hardly did anything but be stereotypical nerds. In fact, for some reason i kept thinking that Talbot was going to Hulk out. He did mention the word green once. I think he may inject himself with some formula and probably turn into the Red Hulk? That would be awesome. The show needs crazy things like this.

I did like the twist on Absorbing Man, that he likes the feeling that he experiences when he turns into differences substances but he hardly said anything. He was literally just the monster of the week. No character.
    Hey man, have a little respect for what Man Scientist went through at the end of last season. He's brain damaged and traumatized, not half-dumb...

Anyway, you're probably not going to watch the show again, but I just wanted to say, when Talbot gripped the chair like that, I too thought he was about to hulk out, haha.
    Prεtty Pεnny

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    The Ward stuff was great, too, and that's speaking as one of the people who thought he was less interesting than a piece of cardboard for the majority of Season 1.
    By which you mean...pretty much everyone?

I'm agreed with the love for the S2 pilot. If they keep to this, AoS could very well be the comic book show to beat in 2014. But Arrow's always great and Flash looks promising. I think it's going to be a good TV year for comic fans.

Amazing Member

Everyone is stuck on the fact that Simons left being cold/cruel, but maybe she left to try to utilize resources that she didn't have access to to treat Fitz. Colston said she thought her being gone would help Fitz recover so clearly her being around wasn't improving his condition (granted it sounds like he got worse but she couldn't know that when she left and she clearly couldn't help him when she was there).

Amazing Member

Default “Agents of SHIELD” S2-Ep1 REVIEW: “Shadows”

Air Date: Sept. 23, 2014

Summary:

The season kicks off with the remenants of SHIELD being led by new director Phil Coulson, operating in the shadows as they're being hunted down by both HYDRA and the government. The team, now working hard to recruit new member is working with a group of mercenaries to track down the very first 084, when they run across the Absorbing Man.

What I Liked

✔Loved seeing the Howling Commandos and Agent Carter kicking off the episode
    ✔Excellent character development with Agent Fitz, which provided the episode's best twist
    ✔Did a great job of taking a low-key villain like Absorbing Man and making him freaking cool
    ✔Patton Oswald brought the funny

What I Didn’t Like

✘Some of the acting seemed stiff and wooden
    ✘Wish more time was spent on the interaction between Ward and Skye
    ✘Not enough in-between season backstory

Themes:

Appearances can be deceiving, which is something we saw both with the way Gen. Talbot continued to assume that Coulson and the team were the enemy, and also with the interaction between Fitz and Simmons

Score:

8 out of 10

What did you guys think of the episode?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post

seriously, you've bitching and moaning since last season. even thought this is one of the, if not the best ep of the show so far, you still bitch and moan. you obviously dont like the show and probably never will like the show, so why watch it? that's like a person eating a **** sandwich, complaining that they are eating a **** sandwich and yet continue to eat the **** sandwich just to remind people that they hate eating a **** sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    By which you mean...pretty much everyone?

I'm agreed with the love for the S2 pilot. If they keep to this, AoS could very well be the comic book show to beat in 2014. But Arrow's always great and Flash looks promising. I think it's going to be a good TV year for comic fans.
    Hahaha, yes, pretty much everyone.

I think "The Flash" will be the comic book show to beat in 2014, but I'm still liking AoS. We'll know more by May 2015. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Huskie View Post
    Everyone is stuck on the fact that Simons left being cold/cruel, but maybe she left to try to utilize resources that she didn't have access to to treat Fitz. Colston said she thought her being gone would help Fitz recover so clearly her being around wasn't improving his condition (granted it sounds like he got worse but she couldn't know that when she left and she clearly couldn't help him when she was there).
    I'm not. I think I know what she was dealing with and why she felt it was best to leave (even though, as we can see now, it clearly wasn't). I already went into detail about what I believed her reasoning was, though. Check the first post on this page (Page 54).

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    seriously, you've bitching and moaning since last season. even thought this is one of the, if not the best ep of the show so far, you still bitch and moan. you obviously dont like the show and probably never will like the show, so why watch it? that's like a person eating a **** sandwich, complaining that they are eating a **** sandwich and yet continue to eat the **** sandwich just to remind people that they hate eating a **** sandwich.
    Yeah, exactly. I assumed after this latest comment that Sighphi would immediately stop watching it, but was that perhaps giving him too much credit? Guess we'll see.

I sure as hell wouldn't continue to watch a show of which I thought that badly. There just aren't enough hours in a life to devote yourself to something you don't like.
    Prεtty Pεnny

BANNED

Awesome start to the season! I was hoping that the momentum from the tail end of S1 would carry over and it definitely has. Loved the entire episode. The Absorbing Man was used to great effect - even though he wasn't a talker, he was able to show plenty of cunning in the way he used he powers. And the twist with Fitz/Simmons came as a real surprise to me. Great stuff - looking forward to the rest of the season!