Page 540 of 573 FirstFirst ... 40440490530536537538539540541542543544550 ... LastLast
Results 8,086 to 8,100 of 8586

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Great picture... but we still don't even know when the final season starts.

We know Peggy Carter will be in this season, and if there are going to be any other big-name cameos this will be the time... they don't have to care about ratings anymore, so they could have a surprise appearance by Steve Rogers, Bucky Barnes, Chester Phillips or whomever. Not counting on it, though.

I understand that it’s a miracle we got 6 and are getting 7, but I still think cancelling the show is the wrong move. Apparently Marvel just wants to reboot their entire tv universe, but what they were doing with SHIELD would have allowed them to slip that in to whatever they had in mind.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    I understand that it’s a miracle we got 6 and are getting 7, but I still think cancelling the show is the wrong move. Apparently Marvel just wants to reboot their entire tv universe, but what they were doing with SHIELD would have allowed them to slip that in to whatever they had in mind.
    I agree, and it's my one issue with Kevin Feige, that he seemed to let his feelings for Perlmutter cause him to throw the baby out with the bath water. The show has been exceedingly popular in streaming, has a wonderful cast that gets along well, and could have been used to truly flesh out the expanded MCU. Granted, if the "Agents of SWORD" rumors turn out to be true, things may be forgiven.

It actually didn't occur to me that Nick Fury might be setting up SWORD in that Far From Home post credits scene. It was said that SWORD was part of the X-Men property and Marvel couldn't use it until they got those rights back, so now would be the time. Would bring the show back around to its Joss Whedon roots too, since he created SWORD.

It would be great to keep Daisy and maybe some of the other characters going.

Quote Originally Posted by Innocent Bystander View Post
    I agree, and it's my one issue with Kevin Feige, that he seemed to let his feelings for Perlmutter cause him to throw the baby out with the bath water.
    I mean it’s only his 3rd month in charge of Marvel television, it is logical that he would rather create it in his own image; I just think he could have done that without cancelling ever current Marvel show.
    Last edited by TheRay; 03-20-2020 at 07:31 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Clark Gregg and Chole Bennett are trying to get ABC to release the last season early while people are in self isolation.

https://twitter.com/ign/status/1239314448109768708?s=21

Pretty odd to call it "early" since it's been like 20 years since last season.

It would be cool if 7 takes the time to explain how Man Thing ended up on Sakaar.

Extraordinary Member

This is just me and I don't expect anyone else to feel this way, but...

...I quit watching when they killed off Ward. He was fascinating to me. They could have used him to be a thorn in their sides for years. I loved the dynamic of Ward and Palamas but they screwed up and made him accidentally kill her.

Then they ruined it even further by having Ward kill Price, then having Coulson determined to kill Ward. It just got so ridiculous at that point with dead Ward returning as Hive. I just couldn't watch anymore after that.
    Last edited by caj; 03-20-2020 at 08:41 AM.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    It actually didn't occur to me that Nick Fury might be setting up SWORD in that Far From Home post credits scene. It was said that SWORD was part of the X-Men property and Marvel couldn't use it until they got those rights back, so now would be the time. Would bring the show back around to its Joss Whedon roots too, since he created SWORD.

It would be great to keep Daisy and maybe some of the other characters going.
    I would really hate to have Daisy, a character who’s got six seasons worth of character development, to just be cast aside after the show wraps.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    This is just me and I don't expect anyone else to feel this way, but...

...I quit watching when they killed off Ward. He was fascinating to me. They could have used him to be a thorn in their sides for years. I loved the dynamic of Ward and Palamas but they screwed up and made him accidentally kill her.

Then they ruined it even further by having Ward kill Price, then having Coulson determined to kill Ward. It just got so ridiculous at that point with dead Ward returning as Hive. I just couldn't watch anymore after that.
    I was wondering how many ways they were going to find to bring the actor back, since they seemed to like him and kind of regret killing his character off. Oh, it's Hive Ward! Now it's Framework Ward! Will they download Framework Ward into an LMD and have LMD Ward? Will they get a Ward from some Alternate Universe (with a just-different-enough personality to warrant calling it a new character)?

And yeah, I really thought there was some ripe story drama angst to be mined from his future encounters with Leo in particular, but then Leo's brain damage seemed to sort of magically 'go away' when the writers got bored with it, which, speaking as someone with similar damage, sure must be nice... Plus, with the turnover rate on leaders in Hydra, it seemed like he'd be running the show, over there, pretty soon, or, at least, like Coulson and his team, running the rag-tag remnants of it, anyway (as Coulson was running what tiny dregs remained of the once-mighty SHIELD). The two organizations having so savagely whittled each other down was kind of a neat parallel.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 03-20-2020 at 11:45 AM.

Ward's heel turn was the twist that saved the show storytelling-wise, I think, with a big assist from the great Bill Paxton. I thought Framework Ward was good, but having him be Hive was kind of goofy even though it did make things more personal for the heroes.

Brett Dalton was the best actor on the show, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    I would really hate to have Daisy, a character who’s got six seasons worth of character development, to just be cast aside after the show wraps.
    Sword is also playing a role in Wandavision. Woulda been cool to cast some AoS character in that.