Page 541 of 573 FirstFirst ... 41441491531537538539540541542543544545551 ... LastLast
Results 8,101 to 8,115 of 8586

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Sword is also playing a role in Wandavision. Woulda been cool to cast some AoS character in that.
    I could see after the Netflix contract is up characters like Daredevil and Punisher popping up in future MCU stuff given they have had films in the past same with Ghost Rider maybe Robbie maybe not but I can't see any AOS coming on board. Joss Whedon has said from the moment AOS was announced by Disney Marvel Studios was annoyed and as far as the films are concerned Coulson died in Avengers so Daisy knowing him post Avengers would be an issue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I could see after the Netflix contract is up characters like Daredevil and Punisher popping up in future MCU stuff given they have had films in the past same with Ghost Rider maybe Robbie maybe not but I can't see any AOS coming on board. Joss Whedon has said from the moment AOS was announced by Disney Marvel Studios was annoyed and as far as the films are concerned Coulson died in Avengers so Daisy knowing him post Avengers would be an issue.
    I remember Whedon saying during the Age of Ultron press tour was how the only reason Coulson wasn't bought into the movie is because he'd derail the story, did he retract that comment? Was he lying? Coulson should be fine going back into the film 'verse, it's the rest of the cast who won't survive that crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    I remember Whedon saying during the Age of Ultron press tour was how the only reason Coulson wasn't bought into the movie is because he'd derail the story, did he retract that comment? Was he lying? Coulson should be fine going back into the film 'verse, it's the rest of the cast who won't survive that crossover.
    The thing is while the show has a large and loyal fan base it's nothing compared to the larger MCU films fan base/casual viewers who never watched AOS and think Coulson is dead. So you have to have a scene like this.

Daisy: No Coulson was resurrected after New York.

Random Character (Hawkeye let's say): Cool so Coulson is alive?

Daisy: No he's dead now.

Hawkeye/Random Character: WTF.

I might want to see that scene now just for laughs.

While characters like Punisher, DD, and Ghost Rider are more easier for the movie going audience to recognize with little effort due to their past films (Quality of said films aside). People would be like "Oh yeah I remember that guy."

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

The thing is while the show has a large and loyal fan base it's nothing compared to the larger MCU films fan base/casual viewers who never watched AOS and think Coulson is dead. So you have to have a scene like this.

Random Character (Hawkeye let's say): Cool so Coulson is alive?

Daisy: No he's dead now.

Hawkeye/Random Character: WTF.
    Oh... except for the evil alien who looked just like him and had his memories. And the LMD we have now who looks just like him and has his memories.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Oh... except for the evil alien who looked just like him and had his memories. And the LMD we have now who looks just like him and has his memories.
    Hawkeye/Random Character: Now you're just messing with me.

The thing is while the show has a large and loyal fan base it's nothing compared to the larger MCU films fan base/casual viewers who never watched AOS and think Coulson is dead.
    So wouldn't your scene go like this:

Random Character (Hawkeye let's say): ....who are you again?

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    So wouldn't your scene go like this:

Random Character (Hawkeye let's say): ....who are you again?
    No because obviously the. Coulson reveal need to come after you introduce Daisy.

Although finding out about a New Shield after Old Shield ended and things like Inhumans which the films never mentioned would be confusing too.

I miss Ward too. I liked season 5, but didn't bother finishing season 6. I get the feeling we will see one or two of these character again, but recast and with different origins. Coulson was in Captain Marvel....dude is already part of the movie verse again in that respect.

I'd guess ghost rider and punishe are the only definite ones to come back. Rider because there's many different versions and he can play with Dr. Strange, and punished because of Spiderman.

Someone really needs to do a meme from Infinity of Starlord, Tony, and Drax doing the who Where, Who, and Why but with The Agents of Shield.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    If any SHIELD character ever shows up on a D+ show, their show will probably be on the service worldwide so that people wondering where Daisy came from and what her deal is can easily watch seven seasons worth of backstory.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stars & Stripes View Post
    If any SHIELD character ever shows up on a D+ show, their show will probably be on the service worldwide so that people wondering where Daisy came from and what her deal is can easily watch seven seasons worth of backstory.
    Or they can just say hey, this is Daisy, she makes earthquakes and she used to be in SHIELD (or still is). Any other relevant backstory can be doled out as needed.

I wonder if Daisy still has the massive power boost she got before she blasted Graviton into orbit. I think her quaking the entire Shrike flock was the biggest feat we saw from her last season, but it's hard to tell. If she's still as powerful as she was at the end of season 5, she's a big-screen-worthy superhero now.

Amazing Member

Yeah, I pretty much gave up on the show after the whole Ward thing. I liked season 4 well enough, but season 5 bored me and I realized I didn't care about the characters as much without Ward there.

Whedon directed the pilot but at the same time said as far as he's concerned Coulson is still dead in the MCU. Weird fellow, maybe he just did it as a favor to his brother iono. But I rather the Netflix stuff rebooted. Punisher and DD can keep that cast but Luke Cage was made for TV. So they kinda castrated him a bit. Same with Danny plus Danny was just bad. If your gonna have Luke in a world with Hulk and Thor. I want Luke Cage who can carry a semi down the street effortlessly or tough it out with the big dogs(For awhile, he's not lasting long with thor r Hulk. But IIRC they gave Luke another power up in the comic's and he's doing **** like going Blow for Blow with Namur. Anyway Luke and Danny need to be made for film not tv. I gets tricky keeping some Netflix stuff but tossing others. Just reboot it all but keep alot of the cast from DD and John Bernthal. Though I still think he might be a good Wolverine

Where will Coulson head next?

Spectacular Member

In terms of how many people know or at least suspect Coulson came back, I suspect most people in countries that get the show do if they are into the MCU. Even if you don't watch the show, there are billboards, magazine articles, TV commercials, interviews in various media, etc. It's probably more an issue if you live somewhere that gets the MCU movies but not the show.
    Adminstrator,
    Who Watches the Watchers - Forum for the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe & Similar Works
    https://whowatchesthewatchers.boardhost.com/index.php