Page 542 of 573 FirstFirst ... 42442492532538539540541542543544545546552 ... LastLast
Results 8,116 to 8,130 of 8586
    Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Coulson's resurrection is pretty moot at this point, since he's dead again. I doubt this LMD will be seen after this final season of AoS... both it, and Sarge last year, are because the team didn't expect to get renewed (and for two more seasons), they'd already decided Coulson was dying at the end of season 5, and they didn't want to finish the show without the guy (Clark Gregg, not Coulson) who held it all together.

I think all of the main characters could be worth keeping around in the MCU, either movies or TV or web shows. I'd like to see Daisy as a future Avenger or even X-Woman, FitzSimmons could fit in just about anywhere you need Science Guys. You could do a lot with Mack. And of course we need to see Robbie Reyes as Ghost Rider again at some point.

Any of these characters could be dropped in with no more than one or two lines of backstory, with more revealed along the way if necessary. Nobody needs to have watched 7 seasons of AoS to get any of them pretty quickly.

X-Woman Daisy is an Inhuman let real mutants be X-Women. Also IMO once they traveled back to the past from the future they created a Divergent Timeline from film MCU and either the snap it didn't happen or the fallout was different.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    X-Woman Daisy is an Inhuman let real mutants be X-Women. Also IMO once they traveled back to the past from the future they created a Divergent Timeline from film MCU and either the snap it didn't happen or the fallout was different.
    That is a puzzler. My solution is to just ignore it and have the AoS cast continue in the main MCU timeline as if there is no inconsistency. If that bothers people, they should repeat to themselves it's just a show, they should really just relax.

Looks very realistic, except for the black man casually hanging out with everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Looks very realistic, except for the black man casually hanging out with everyone.
    The MCU's past has been more idealistic then history really was since 1st Avenger. The Howling Commandos had both an African and Asian Americans on the unit at a time when the U.S. military was segregated.

Mighty Member

The MCU's past has been more idealistic then history really was since 1st Avenger. The Howling Commandos had both an African and Asian Americans on the unit at a time when the U.S. military was segregated.
    Maybe Woodrow Wilson never got elected President there.

Mighty Member

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...racism/417549/

I would have posted this above but for some reason posting links and quotes together on my IPad causes problems. Anyway not having Wilson win in the MCU would help race relations.

I *think* the prisoners came from various units, but only coalescing into a diverse unit when they became the Howling Commandos under Cap. So it might have been Cap or Tommy Lee Jones who made that possible (and they seem to have the power to override specific policy if needed. At least Jones did.).

But I remember the movie giving lip service to that segregation (or at least American xenophobia of Asians), when Jim Morita replies that he's from Fresno.

I always assumed the MCU version of the Howling Commandos were considered an elite "special ops" team assembled by Cap that was exempt from the segregation rule.

Ultimate Member

In the movie Cap frees them all and some of who would become the Commandos help each other escape and then end up in a bar later on having drinks and Cap walks in and offers them all to join the team and they accept, and they then just go from there...

Whoo... finally a date!

new promo