Page 549 of 573 FirstFirst ... 49449499539545546547548549550551552553559 ... LastLast
Results 8,221 to 8,235 of 8586
    Mighty Member

Did someone just get a virus?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by regnak View Post
    Did someone just get a virus?
    Or Coulson got his memory wiped out.

Ultimate Member

Honestly the lack of Fitz this season makes it hard for me to bother to watch...

So May isn't just the fight-happy emotionless warrior, she also has some kind of trauma (and Yo-Yo has problems of her own). It'll be interesting to see how that plays out.

Seeing Sousa again was great, and I loved him saying Simmons' accent sounded fake plus Coulson fanboying over him.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    I think this season will be mainly devoted to exploring the history of SHIELD and keeping its timeline intact, and defeating the Chronicoms. And I really hope it ends setting the table for a Quake-led Secret Warriors series.

I suppose a Captain America appearance is too much to hope for, but I figure Howard Stark, one or two Howling Commandos, and a young Phil Coulson and Nick Fury might be in the cards.
    This season is definitely coming full circle. Is Dominic Cooper busy? I think seeing a young Phil Coulson would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The tortoise question made this episode for me.
    I loved all the questioning scenes. The "moist" part cracked me up.

I dunno what it is, the episode itself was good, but I just don't feel the same hype for this series anymore.....already stopped as of Season 5. Guess after the second half of Season 4, which is still by far the best part of it imO, it's hard to measure up.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    I dunno what it is, the episode itself was good, but I just don't feel the same hype for this series anymore.....already stopped as of Season 5. Guess after the second half of Season 4, which is still by far the best part of it imO, it's hard to measure up.
    There feels like way too long of a break between seasons. My roommate saw me watching it and was like 'Wait, SHIELD is still on? I thought it ended a year ago?' It does feel disconnected from what has come before, and being set in yet another unfamiliar territory (the past, this time) isn't helping here. This show didn't start out like Quantum Leap or Sliders, where it was baked in from the outset that we'd be in a new location every season (the Lighthouse, the past, in space/the future, whatever), and so it feels a little disjointed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Did they need to make the ID photo look so much like a mugshot?

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    There feels like way too long of a break between seasons. My roommate saw me watching it and was like 'Wait, SHIELD is still on? I thought it ended a year ago?' It does feel disconnected from what has come before, and being set in yet another unfamiliar territory (the past, this time) isn't helping here. This show didn't start out like Quantum Leap or Sliders, where it was baked in from the outset that we'd be in a new location every season (the Lighthouse, the past, in space/the future, whatever), and so it feels a little disjointed to me.
    Yeah, that too.

I didn't even remember by the start of this season that Elena got possessed by the Shrike.
    And what happened with Fitz again?

I guess it's good that they are wrapping it up now, before it becomes a genuine chore.
    Last edited by Anarchist; 06-15-2020 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Did they need to make the ID photo look so much like a mugshot?
    Apparently mug shots for military and government agencies were big back then:

Last edited by Cyke; 06-14-2020 at 10:06 AM.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Kind of surprised Chronicoms and their LMD's don't have EMP shielding. Weird.

In any case, Coulson will just have to get rebooted. In the unlikely event his hard drive gets erased, Simmons has his memories backed up as far as the Framework, but he would lose everything so far this season. I'm not sure what the significance was of the slow zoom-in on his eye. He's in the custody of 1955 SHIELD right now, and who knows what they will make of him. Will he register as dead? If so, the autopsy should be interesting.

Shouldn't Enoch be waiting for them in 1955? And if he and Ernest Koenig were involved in the founding of SHIELD, shouldn't they be expecting the Zephyr team to be popping in at some point? Or maybe their existence is top secret and Peggy will know what the deal is when she shows up.

Is it possible emotionless May could be a Chronicom? Maybe even she doesn't realize it because she's programmed to be a sleeper? But Simmons and Enoch would have discovered that when they examined her... unless the switch happened later.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, that too.

I didn't even remember by the start of this season that Elena got possessed by the Shrike.
    And what happened with Fitz again?

I guess it's good that they are wrapping it ub now, before it becomes a genuine chore.
    Who knows, it's almost like the actor has already moved on to something else and will sadly probably only show up at the end for some painful twist with Simmons where they don't end up together or do but there's complications and such...

I was a big fan of this show but for 2 reasons, I had to jump off at the end of season 5 when I heard they were going to straight up ignore the blip/snap. This show has great writing and everything but unlike say Daredevil, they set up too much of it's foundation to be a tie in to the MCU rather than something that stands on it's own. So when it became clear it was no longer following that continuity, I bailed. The second reason is that I thought season 5 ended on a perfectly great jumping off point with Coulson returning to his fate in the Avengers. Even the loose ends like Fitz being dead/in space seemed strangely appropriate way to leave the character, with he and Simmons once again separated by immense odds but still determined to return to each other. Really fitting, imo. I've heard good things about season 6, but if it no longer fits the continuity of the films, I'm perfectly content where I jumped off.