Page 55 of 573 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155555 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    seriously, you've bitching and moaning since last season. even thought this is one of the, if not the best ep of the show so far, you still bitch and moan. you obviously dont like the show and probably never will like the show, so why watch it? that's like a person eating a **** sandwich, complaining that they are eating a **** sandwich and yet continue to eat the **** sandwich just to remind people that they hate eating a **** sandwich.
    I did stop watching the show after a few eps in the first season but then we got a whole mess of interviews by the creators begging to give a show another chance so i did. The show did get a bit better at the tail end of the season because it became more focused but it also became predictable.

I caught this episode by straight up luck. I didnt know at all that yesterday was the season premiere. I was watching Utopia and when it ended i was going to watch the last episode of the last season of Supernatural but instead of tuning directly to the channel i pressed the channel up button and landed on ABC and noticed that it was an episode of SHIELD. I looked at the description and noticed it was new so i watched. It was really pure luck i saw it.

And, by the way, i did say there were certain things i did like about the show. Im going to check out a few more episodes because one of the things that caught me was the mercs and this is the first super powered enemy to actually survived pass one episode, right? So there's a good chance at seeing more super powered fights.

But, sorry, the main cast is not fun for me. And if everything gets thrown out after a few episodes and the show goes back to being the 084 of the week.... i will probably stop again.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    That awful hair color better be a part of her cover. Bobbi's a blond.
    Not in her first appearance on Earth 616!

(Though, seriously, hair color is the least important thing for me--character, personality and abilities are more paramount to me).

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Awesome start to the season! I was hoping that the momentum from the tail end of S1 would carry over and it definitely has. Loved the entire episode. The Absorbing Man was used to great effect - even though he wasn't a talker, he was able to show plenty of cunning in the way he used he powers. And the twist with Fitz/Simmons came as a real surprise to me. Great stuff - looking forward to the rest of the season!
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    And, by the way, i did say there were certain things i did like about the show. Im going to check out a few more episodes because one of the things that caught me was the mercs and this is the first super powered enemy to actually survived pass one episode, right? So there's a good chance at seeing more super powered fights.

But, sorry, the main cast is not fun for me. And if everything gets thrown out after a few episodes and the show goes back to being the 084 of the week.... i will probably stop again.
    Well, I don't think the mercs are going to be used much again, certainly not at the expense of the agents. Most of the new ones, I don't really care about, but I like the main cast (except Skye...nothing can save Skye from being a black hole of disappointment).

As for super-powered enemies, I think we still have the Gravitron guy floating around, somewhere?

Wait, Blizzard is still out there, too.

So, the Absorbing Man isn't the only one, but you're right, they do tend to get killed off rather quickly, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Not in her first appearance on Earth 616!

(Though, seriously, hair color is the least important thing for me--character, personality and abilities are more paramount to me).
    Ahah, oh. ;D

I just hate the hair because I don't like the actress they picked for her. ;D Because of who they picked, I don't have much faith in the character and personality shining through in any sort of good way, and those things are important to me, too. I'm sure her abilities will be up to par, though!
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Incredible Member

Who are all these superpowered villains getting killed off you're all talking about? The only ones I can think of are Blackout and the guy stuck between dimensions (who didn't actually die, just disappeared into dimensions and could easily return). Graviton, Blizzard, Lorelei, are all still alive, with the first two definitely planned to return, since they were both last seen linked to Quinn. They haven't had that many superpowered villains yet, but only one confirmed death out of the bunch is hardly killing them off too quick.

Yeah, same here, lol.

BTW, now that you mention Antoine Triplett, remember how he used the alias "General Jones"...?

I think he's definitely related to Gabe Jones. Gabe may've found himself a nice French lady while they were in France or like someone else already said, maybe Jacques introduced him to a female relative, lol.

And yes, I know it's a dead horse that I'm beating, but come on, he used the name "Jones" undercover, how could I NOT mention that...?
    it's okay I almost brought it up too.

BANNED

Just jumping in here...

Well, I don't think the mercs are going to be used much again, certainly not at the expense of the agents. Most of the new ones, I don't really care about, but I like the main cast (except Skye...nothing can save Skye from being a black hole of disappointment).
    I think at least one merc is hanging around. I think it's a good thing to mix dedicated agents and cynical mercs---more room for character dynamics.

Heh. I'm kinda sanguine about Chloe. She's blandly agreeable, but nothing dynamic (as opposed to how Ward developed; the more I think about it, the more I like how he came off last night---creepy in either a needy or manipulative way. Which...actually...plays off that blandness in the Chloe character.....Hmmmm.)

As for super-powered enemies, I think we still have the Gravitron guy floating around, somewhere?

So, the Absorbing Man isn't the only one, but you're right, they do tend to get killed off rather quickly, lol.
    Hm. Good point. Actually, the second season set up is good for recurring villains. Normal folks like Gen. Talbott gets their clocks cleaned by the villains, which shows how badass the SHIELD agents are when they can battle them to a draw.

The previews they showed had that merc that talked a lot in a future episode and he was giving skye sort of a... boyfriend of the season look. So at least one of them will show up a few more times. I was also interested in the black mechanic dude. For some reason i am already thinking he is Hydra.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen O. View Post
    Who are all these superpowered villains getting killed off you're all talking about? The only ones I can think of are Blackout and the guy stuck between dimensions (who didn't actually die, just disappeared into dimensions and could easily return). Graviton, Blizzard, Lorelei, are all still alive, with the first two definitely planned to return, since they were both last seen linked to Quinn. They haven't had that many superpowered villains yet, but only one confirmed death out of the bunch is hardly killing them off too quick.
    When i said survived i didnt mean that the others were killed off i meant that they escaped and wasnt captured or are stuck in some way somewhere. Absorbing Man is actually active moving around. Sure, they will be the episode where Graviton escapes but that is just going to be that, the episode where he escapes. With AM he can continue to show up and be THE villain they worry about form ep to ep. Sort of like Deathlok but this time around it's an actual villain.

BANNED

It seemed a bit strange that the show introduced 3 new members - Hartley , hunter & Idaho and then kill 2 of them straight away without even getting to know them a little ?

Quote Originally Posted by fmvgamer View Post
    It seemed a bit strange that the show introduced 3 new members - Hartley , hunter & Idaho and then kill 2 of them straight away without even getting to know them a little ?
    Not really, it's a "S#!t just got real!" moment, Sons Of Anarchy does one in virtually every season premiere where people you thought you'd get to know get killed off quickly. Having Hartley/Lawless bite the dust so soon raises the stakes just like having Koenig/Hand die so soon after being introduced despite having name value and known actors (Patton Oswalt/Saffron Burrows) playing them. It's not strange, it's a trope, just like Drew Barrymore dying in the first 10 minutes of Scream.

Incredible Member

Didn't care for how 'preachy'/'sappy' Coulson with his little monologue at the end. He also seemed to be a little colder than last season caring more about completing the mission than his people's welfare (although maybe that's just for the 'hired help' and he still cares more for the 'family'). It's just a plane that turns invisible, is it really that important over the safety of one of his limited resources of agents? Why not split the team in half, one half goes after the artifact and the other goes after the plane.

And wouldn't hitting a man-size piece of asphalt at over 50 mph shatter the asphalt or at least break off a big chunk of it? It's not that hard, I've found pieces of it lying alongside the road and crumble little bits off it.

The little twist with Fitz was nice and unexpected.

Now this was the kind of episode that I wanted to see from SHIELD when it started. Darker but still not completely dark, and making good use of comics characters like the Absorbing Man with plenty of references. Skye was less annoying (if possible, but is still the most of the whole team) this time around and Lucy Lawless was awesome. Can't wait for next week's now.

Really enjoyed the first ep of the new season and really really hope Simmons is going to be back in it soon.

Yeah, same here, lol.

BTW, now that you mention Antoine Triplett, remember how he used the alias "General Jones"...?

I think he's definitely related to Gabe Jones. Gabe may've found himself a nice French lady while they were in France or like someone else already said, maybe Jacques introduced him to a female relative, lol.

And yes, I know it's a dead horse that I'm beating, but come on, he used the name "Jones" undercover, how could I NOT mention that...?
    Not sure what you mean here. Why would Gabe's wife have to be French?
    HEY KIDS, (BUY MY) COMICS!! https://www.mythworldemedia.com/store

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    because of a comment he said to dum dum about learning french because the chicks in the class were cuter.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    I think at least one merc is hanging around. I think it's a good thing to mix dedicated agents and cynical mercs---more room for character dynamics.

Heh. I'm kinda sanguine about Chloe. She's blandly agreeable, but nothing dynamic (as opposed to how Ward developed; the more I think about it, the more I like how he came off last night---creepy in either a needy or manipulative way. Which...actually...plays off that blandness in the Chloe character.....Hmmmm.)

Hm. Good point. Actually, the second season set up is good for recurring villains. Normal folks like Gen. Talbott gets their clocks cleaned by the villains, which shows how badass the SHIELD agents are when they can battle them to a draw.
    Too true, good points all; I just thought if anyone was going to be the one merc who survives, it'd be L.Lawless. To give us another female on the show. Ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    The previews they showed had that merc that talked a lot in a future episode and he was giving skye sort of a... boyfriend of the season look. So at least one of them will show up a few more times. I was also interested in the black mechanic dude. For some reason i am already thinking he is Hydra.
    Oh man, are we gonna have to second-guess all the characters all over again? Haha, good point, I guess anyone (especially the new characters) could be Hydra (or if they weren't before, could've turned to that side).

As for Merc Man being Skye's new boytoy... yeah, I could see that. He seems to have a type. And he seems to be Skye's type.

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    Didn't care for how 'preachy'/'sappy' Coulson with his little monologue at the end. He also seemed to be a little colder than last season caring more about completing the mission than his people's welfare (although maybe that's just for the 'hired help' and he still cares more for the 'family'). It's just a plane that turns invisible, is it really that important over the safety of one of his limited resources of agents? Why not split the team in half, one half goes after the artifact and the other goes after the plane.
    Considering they were being tracked wherever they went, and would eventually get tracked down by Talbot or Hydra, a plane that turns invisible is worth more than the few lives it might take to retrieve it. Coulson wanted all resources at the facility focused on completing the main mission at hand.

He's definitely a little colder/more back to his old self (pre-death) now that he knows the truth about his resurrection. Everybody who knew him before the change was like "This guy isn't the Coulson I know" when they met him in Season 1. I think the darker circumstances he finds himself in, plus knowing the truth of all that went down, has led him to revert to that personality.

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    And wouldn't hitting a man-size piece of asphalt at over 50 mph shatter the asphalt or at least break off a big chunk of it? It's not that hard, I've found pieces of it lying alongside the road and crumble little bits off it.
    That part I found a little unrealistic, but, you know, they gotta do things for the sake of the plot, lol. I did like the quick-thinking logic of turning his hand into rubber (from the tire) to grip the dangerous artifact, even if I myself wouldn't be immediately sure that the superhuman equivalent of rubber gloves would be enough to keep the thing from draining my life force. It certainly paid off for him, in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by G. Boney View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    because of a comment he said to dum dum about learning french because the chicks in the class were cuter.
    Because of this and because Tripp's first name is Antoine. If one of his grandmothers is French, that's a road to explanation. She doesn't have to be French, but it does open the door to his first name being French because he was named after a relative.

Quote Originally Posted by Choos View Post
    Really enjoyed the first ep of the new season and really really hope Simmons is going to be back in it soon.
    I do, too, but not till episode 5 or 6 at least, to give us a chance to get to know Crazy/Broken Fitz. It would be quite the shock to Fitz's system to see her again, for real!
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007