Page 553 of 573 FirstFirst ... 53453503543549550551552553554555556557563 ... LastLast
Results 8,281 to 8,295 of 8586
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Best title sequence ever!
    If it had only included in the narration "A Quinn-Martin-Marvel Production," it would have been perfect.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Yeah, early on she didn't like Mack. I can't pinpoint the episode but I'd say it was maybe a season or two later, where she was kind of eye-****ing him and a little shortness of breath when talking to him. But that can easily be chalked up to just momentary attraction and hormones and nothing more, like anyone else in the real world (plus Simmons herself was classically socially awkward until she and Fitz became an item). And I'd also lean to think that it was one-sided at the time, with Mack not really being aware of it or reciprocating at the time. In any case, it was fast and inconsequential. Still, at the time I thought they were cute together and was rooting for Simmons to do something about it.
    I'd guess that she was perhaps bowled over a bit at how big he was and all of that and in keeping with the awkward thing she probably didn't know how to address a new director that had formerly been a teammate, I'd just think that it wasn't a true bit of interest on her part and I don't remember him either realizing it or having any interest in her...

Next jump the 90s?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Next jump the 90s?
    Sure looks that way. I was hoping for the 80's.

I guess we won't be seeing Peggy Carter after all.

Astonishing Member

Catching up on the show, I’m on season 5 right now. It’s gotten much better since season 1. Having a blast so far.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I'd guess that she was perhaps bowled over a bit at how big he was and all of that and in keeping with the awkward thing she probably didn't know how to address a new director that had formerly been a teammate, I'd just think that it wasn't a true bit of interest on her part and I don't remember him either realizing it or having any interest in her...
    Oh no, this was wayyyy before Mack became director, and obv well before she and Fitz finally got together.

But there's also a difference between attraction and interest. We meet people who we find attractive all the time - doesn't necessarily mean we have interest beyond that.

And I also already mentioned that Mack didn't seem to pick up on it anyway, and I mentioned it was one-sided on Simmons' part. Plus, later on in S3, Mack himself playfully chides Simmons into admitting her feelings for Fitz, his using Bobby and Lance's less than covert flirting as an example.

I'm not saying there was ever a love triangle, or a mutual spark, or that even Mack ever thought of Simmons in that way. Indeed Mack and Fitz end up becoming a good team themselves, especially after Fitz and Simmons get together. But a person who's single finding someone attractive for an instant can happen innocently and briefly.
    Last edited by Cyke; 06-26-2020 at 11:55 PM.

Ultimate Member

I just get jumpy when people mention a possible pairing besides the ones that I love, especially since all that it takes sometimes is that for like one panel or scene somewhere one character showed even the slightest interest in another...

Last edited by juan678; 06-30-2020 at 04:50 AM.

Last edited by juan678; 06-30-2020 at 04:51 AM.

Mighty Member

Looks like they are going back to the past

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I just get jumpy when people mention a possible pairing besides the ones that I love, especially since all that it takes sometimes is that for like one panel or scene somewhere one character showed even the slightest interest in another...
    I'm not interested in taking away any established pairings at all -- it's that Simmons and Mack hadn't established any relationships yet, and Simmons (along with Fitz) was on a terminal case of "**** or get off the pot" until she finally came to grips with Fitz. Simmons at that point of the show, god bless her, would be too scared to act on her feelings. Fitz gave her that opportunity, yes, but that was some time in the making. So at that moment, I wanted Simmons to muster up the courage to do something about her feelings, and Mack's a good man by all measures. Nothing more than that.

Plus, it's not like one pairing may prevent another. After all, May and Ward's fling (as devious as it was) didn't prevent Coulson and May from realizing their true feelings eventually. Likewise Coulson and Audrey or Rosalind (among others) didn't stop May and Coulson.

Ultimate Member

Then again unlike Fitz and Simmons there really wasn't any romantic leanings between Coulson and May at the time that she had her fling with Ward and such, the signs for Fitz and Simmons was obvious from day one to everyone but each other, and I think that Mack knew about Fitz and Simmons and how they felt, or he had to have had some idea imho...

Now I just hope they get a real happy ending, not some happy ending with a twist...

Mighty Member

Poor Mack.