Page 568 of 573 FirstFirst ... 68468518558564565566567568569570571572 ... LastLast
Results 8,506 to 8,520 of 8586

Promotional photos of 07x12 and 07x13

Last edited by juan678; 08-06-2020 at 04:25 PM.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

I hope something happens, because the last couple episodes are as bad as the first half of season one.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Quote Originally Posted by GozertheGozarian View Post
    I hope something happens, because the last couple episodes are as bad as the first half of season one.
    Huh? This show has been great this season, every....single....episode.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

This season has been fantastic... best run of the series.

I guess those promo pics confirm there is a baby FitzSimmons.

I'm at a loss to speculate about the ending now. Just waiting for the two-hour ride next week.

At the end, I thought Kora was going to fry Nathaniel while she was kissing him. The fact that she didn't means she's probably beyond any possibility of a face turn.

I dunno, the first half of the season undoubtedly started out strong with some of the best episodes in the entire show (imo), but since the return to Afterlife the momentum of the season's really dropped for me. I just can't find Malick and Kora interesting, and Malick is more annoying than threatening. It's kind of a return to form that I thought the show had outgrown. The season opened up with colorful (and even B&W) bombast, but despite the 1980s setting here, it feels routine and paint by numbers. Set the events of this episode and the last couple in the 2020 and there wouldn't be much to set it apart -- our characters just aren't hampered or affected the way they were in previous episodes, including the Deke and Mack murderbot episode. By contrast, not only have all the other period piece episodes been great, but the mind bender that was Agents of Groundhog's Day made full use of that effect to make one of the best time hiccup episodes ever.

Ultimately I just feel like this episode moreso than the rest of this season did maybe the least to advance anything. We still know Malick has a grand scheme with Sibyl, we still know Kora is in conflict, we still know Simmons can't remember Fitz. The reveal of the Chronicom fleet was beautiful but we knew a confrontation had to come some time since they're the real big bads, so it wasn't a big surprise. SHIELD facilities getting blown up is a nice spectacle but we've seen so little of SHIELD in the 80s to care (whereas not only did we see a fully staffed Lighthouse in the 70s, the whole adventure was a hoot).

If anything, I feel like the events of this episode could have been compressed to a half episode and it would've been fine so long as the pace was picked up.

The only thing that seemed to progress well enough was the Sousa/Daisy relationship, thanks to Director Mack doing what he does best -- emphasize urgency and build with the pieces around him. The trip to space was maybe the 3rd or 4th most important thing in the episode and yet it was the storyline handled the best.

There's no real telling where the finale will end up -- there are more options than restoring the timeline or living in a new, divorced timeline, after all -- but that's the main thing (not the only thing) that's saving my anticipation for the end. The underlying theme of the episode, as underlined about fighting Sibyl, is to do the unexpected, but the episode not really breaking new ground or changing the stakes means a temporary stagnation that's counter to the idea.

Still, as I said before the first half of the season has been nothing but a joyride (except for Mack, of course), and so I'm confident the season and the show as a whole will end with a bang. But this was a boring episode and one that the season could do without. The last couple episodes have been pretty clunky to me, which is disappointing considering the overall strength of the season and the anticipation of the finale.

---

Side notes:

- it's really good to see Enoch again. If time is reset, please bring back Enoch.

- Yay, we finally get some new Fitz this season! Sure, it's a flashback but I was worried that this episode would just be a clip show of Fitz' greatest hits. Nope. It's good to see Iain De Caestecker finally this season.

- SOUSA! IN! SPAAAAAAAACE!!!

- I wish we had more Kora vs. May. I miss the days of May kicking ass left and right, especially against a superpowered foe. She's one of the premiere examples of a Bad Ass Normal beating supers (remember her feats in that Kree fighting pit?)

- The actor who plays Malick could play the sibling of Evan Peters if he wanted to. Indeed, I thought they were related until I looked him up.
    Last edited by Cyke; 08-07-2020 at 01:24 AM.

Last edited by juan678; 08-09-2020 at 01:36 PM.

So the entire Deke Squad, and Patton Oswalt back for the finale.

Looks like they really went all-in on the special effects for this one.

Note that the finale is weirdly scheduled tomorrow... instead of 9-11 as you would expect, it airs from 8:30 - 10:30.

And I probably won't get to see it until Thursday.