Page 572 of 573 FirstFirst ... 72472522562568569570571572573 LastLast
Results 8,566 to 8,580 of 8586
    Astonishing Member

i"ll bet we won't see Shield in the movies again. Resolving Fury would be a pain and difficult. Glad that Mack has a carrier. Those would take a few years to build, so I wonder where that one came from.

Good ending. Coulson is still dead, the robot isn't really him even though I like the character. I see that a lot of the actors are pitching for the movies. Kind of a Star Trek effect when Worf, Sulu, etc. were pitching series with themselves as lead.

Yes, I would love to be in a film - and get some work! Better to try to get out of the genre and more mainstream.

Wonder if Deke in 1980 will hunt down Robert Redford and take him out? Got a lot of Hydra Nazis out there.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    i"ll bet we won't see Shield in the movies again. Resolving Fury would be a pain and difficult. Glad that Mack has a carrier. Those would take a few years to build, so I wonder where that one came from.
    Probably the same one Fury used in Age of Ultron, which Coulson had kept in drydock for him.

Astonishing Member

It is the same helicarrier, #64.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Probably the same one Fury used in Age of Ultron, which Coulson had kept in drydock for him.
    It's a fine ship indeed.

I haven't done any screen comparisons, but I would not be surprised if it was akin to an older model (like the one seen in the Avengers movies) as opposed to a more drastically newer one (like Civil War -- yes, they were used for evil but designs can be reappropriated).

For that matter, within the timeframe of the show SHIELD is still in the process of getting back on its feet -- it would be perfectly reasonable for them to use older or mothballed helicarriers both because of the time and expense needed to build a new one. Even with one helicarrier, SHIELD seems to be a shadow of its former self but on the right track to recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    But if SHIELD exists, and there's a world-threatening crisis in a future movie (I'm guessing there will be), it wouldn't make sense for SHIELD not to be referenced, if not front and center. That's why showing the helicarrier and Mack as director seemed like a pretty bold move to me, if they're at all interested in AoS still being MCU canon.
    Eh, it doesn't always make sense even within the movies themselves either.

When the President was being threatened and attacked by the Ten Rings, where was Captain America? When dark elves were invading London, where was Iron Man? When SHIELD and Hydra went to war above Washington DC, where was Hawkeye? Even if the films acknowledge the events of the show and say that SHIELD is active and legitimate once more, a movie could have a big crisis and leave SHIELD out of it with a simple excuse like "They don't have the resources they used to, and didn't get there in time" or just say "There's stuff happening everywhere, they were busy doing other stuff." And that smaller role fits the AoS vibe too. Before Winter Soldier it felt like SHIELD was a giant organization that could be everywhere all at once (and it showed up in every movie in some fashion), but the show tended to feel much smaller; even after SHIELD was officially reinstated it always felt like a shadow of its former self, with fewer agents, fewer resources, etc.

This is basically all just academic anyway; the MCU is a shared continuity but Fiege has never tried to incorporate the tv elements into the films beyond some minor easter eggs that most people miss, and now that Disney has a in-house streaming service I doubt if Fiege even tries to pretend that the ABC shows count anymore. If characters like Quake or Yo-yo make it to Marvel Studios, it'll likely involve recasting the characters and starting them over from scratch.

AoS *could* still easily fit within the movie framework and Marvel Studios could bring in those characters. It wouldn't be hard at all (creatively, I don't know what the actor contracts look like). But I doubt they will, due to corporate feuding if nothing else. If we get super lucky, and I mean like stupid super lucky, maybe Cloe's Quake shows up in a Secret Warriors adaptation or something, but I wouldn't put any money on it.
    Last edited by Ascended; 08-20-2020 at 01:35 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member

I long wanted mutants to be brought into the MCU and cross with the AoS, they'd think that the mutants were inhumans and such and it'd be fun to see their reaction to the differences and such...

Incredible Member

Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

Yeah, i doubt they're going to use Shield again in the movies, they're going to focus on SWORD now.

Ultimate Member

Well Nick Fury has been on the show along with Maria Hill so it's possible, and they could just have SWORD focus on aliens and Shield everything else or have say Fury gripe about trying to get the two agencies to work together and not against each other...

Can someone tell me how Cora gets a happy ending?

She....doesn't deserve it LOL. There just wasn't enough to sell me on her turn to good. At best the only thing she deserves is the "I realized too late that I'm a terrible person, might as well sacrifice myself to save everyone" type of deaths.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Ultimate Member

I wonder when the final season will be on Netflix, and rewatching some old episodes makes me wonder how things would have gone if Will had not died sending Jemma back and when Ward died if he had come back with them...I'm NOT a fan of Will and Jemma but it would have made things interesting for a time depending on how they went...

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Can someone tell me how Cora gets a happy ending?

She....doesn't deserve it LOL. There just wasn't enough to sell me on her turn to good. At best the only thing she deserves is the "I realized too late that I'm a terrible person, might as well sacrifice myself to save everyone" type of deaths.
    Yeah, she's a terrible person and should've been sent to the Raft (aka the place where Marvel tv characters send their evil siblings )

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    She did kill a bit too easily to just hand-wave it away with "Well, I had a chat with my sister and now I'm good." Hopefully there was more to it that we didn't see.

Redemption through self-sacrifice is overrated, IMO. Once you're dead you can no longer do any more good to continue balancing out the evil you've done. (Looking in your direction, Xena.)

Ultimate Member

I always had two problems with Xena, one how they would rewrite history to make her look good by like stopping Ghenghis Khan or maybe it was his dad and then how she'd try and lecture people she had wronged in the past about right and wrong given her own history...

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Yeah, she's a terrible person and should've been sent to the Raft (aka the place where Marvel tv characters send their evil siblings )
    And what really cracks me up is that Daisy chooses to take Sousa, the human paperweight along with her unstable sister into space with her!

These are the people that will represent humanity to the rest of the universe.

On the upside it's only a matter of time before someone gets the bright idea to create an LMD of Ward. That will make for a fun villain or antihero once he realises that the real Ward is dead and he is free to be his own person.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest