Page 58 of 573 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158558 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Decent episode. The gunfights were rather incompetent. For trained folks in the military and Shield they shot like crap. I hope Shield was using the stun guns. If they were normal guns, then they are murderers of innocent soldiers. They looked like the stun guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Decent episode. The gunfights were rather incompetent. For trained folks in the military and Shield they shot like crap. I hope Shield was using the stun guns. If they were normal guns, then they are murderers of innocent soldiers. They looked like the stun guns.
    They made the noise of night night guns, Coulson wanted a box and jet, not a pile of bodies. Honestly Izzy shouldn't have even opened the box, she should have picked it up and took it back to the base but she had a moment of plot induced stupidity after being told it was one of the most dangerous items SHIELD ever seized. So of course she decided to handle it without even a pair of rubber gloves.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PocketfulofKryptonite View Post
    Honestly Izzy shouldn't have even opened the box, she should have picked it up and took it back to the base but she had a moment of plot induced stupidity after being told it was one of the most dangerous items SHIELD ever seized. So of course she decided to handle it without even a pair of rubber gloves.
    I was trying to recall but was she informed not to touch it? I know we the audience knew not to from earlier in the ep but I can't remember if they made it possible that she wouldn't know that.

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. increased by almost 50% in the live +3 ratings over its initial overnight performance, meaning that while it still didn't match last year's massive season premiere or even the pilot episode for Gotham, which aired the night before, it performed very well and had a bigger bump in the L3s than did last year's pilot.

http://comicbook.com/2014/09/29/agen...last-years-ti/

Nothing was going to match the series premiere but it's still a good bump.

Finally watched the new episode last night. It was resoundingly okay. There were plenty of wtf moments, and the cheese factor was in full effect, especially in the action scenes. Those soldiers had Mae and Skye dead to rights, and the only logical explanation is that the bullets just passed through them completely. And how the F did Kreel get to the escaping suburban before the military? He was travelling on foot, and for some reason it took the army an hour to get a guy behind the wheel of a car?

I wasn't super impressed, now that I'm thinking about it. But, there was problems in season one that worked themselves out after a few episodes, so hopefully this happens again this year.
    I co-host a podcast about comics. Mostly it's X-Men comics of the 90's.

Billy and Dan Read Comics!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Decent episode. The gunfights were rather incompetent. For trained folks in the military and Shield they shot like crap.
    Isn't that the case in real life for anybody who's not a sniper?

Ultimate Member

It's definitely a common trope in fiction. How many times in various films/TV shows have we seem people who are supposed to be highly trained/experienced be unable to hit their target even when it's right in front of them, too many to count. That is the power of plot armor. The most obvious example are the Stormtroopers from Star Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Penance was awesome. The inside had spikes and he was a really emotionally driven character.
    Being pathetic is not enough to drive a character in the long term

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    Isn't that the case in real life for anybody who's not a sniper?
    Not really, not at the ranges shown in this story, They were missing at ranges that then could have hit with a thrown pistol if they had even basic military level training. A snipers skills would not shown up until they were half a kilometer or more away.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PocketfulofKryptonite View Post
    She's in episode 3 and she's got a new hairdo to boot.
    Which was probably inspired by the fact that they now need to distinguish between Real Simmons and Hallucination Simmons.

"Why? Because... plot, that's why!" Lol.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Wtf did she leave for. That makes no sense.
    From what Coulson said, she left because she figured it would be easier on Fitz. Not the best judgment on her part, I'd say.
    Sometimes, people can't handle when people they care about are severely changed by accident, injury or illness. Ugly, but it happens. It also makes for ample melodrama when she finally gets back.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 09-29-2014 at 01:08 PM.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    Really surprised that Ward has tried several times to kill himself. Didn't think he was the type. Hopefully, it's not over betraying Skye's trust. I'm going with he just doesn't know what to do with himself now that Garrett's dead.
    I'm curious about that. This is a master manipulator we're talking about. Were those attempts for real, or part of a game he's running? Hard to say. Man of his capabilities, you'd think if he really wanted to end it, he'd get it done.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I'm curious about that. This is a master manipulator we're talking about. Were those attempts for real, or part of a game he's running? Hard to say. Man of his capabilities, you'd think if he really wanted to end it, he'd get it done.
    I don't consider him a master manipulator on that scale. Maybe on a day to day scale. I consider more like Bujold's Bothari, who needs a master to tell him how to behave. You have a villain as a master, you have a monster. You have a hero as a master, you have...well, maybe someone who can do good things.

But you could be right. Equally plausible motivations are a good thing here.

Incredible Member

Well I was actually intrigued enough with the second season premier to watch again tomorrow. Even though I could still care less about most of the characters, I guess being "used" to them has had its effect. Wacko Ward has done wonders for that character, and Fitz being messed up is a plus too. Still it comes off as Jeb and the girl trying to be as clever as Joss, by trying to add more darker ideas to the series. Not saying it hasn't worked, just that it can easly come off as trying to hard.

Plot was ok. Absorbing man was ok. Did like the opening and ending most though. Oh, and I did like the Merc characters as well. Especially the mechanic dude. They're all characters with personalities we've seen before, but I think this show needed that. Tripp is still my favorite character though.

However what this show needs is a character that will allow the action scenes to really pop, and a character that has a very 80's action movie flare.

I'm serious when I say this....

this show needs Arnold Schwarzenegger. Why and how it could it work you say?

Arnold will be coming to TV soon anyway. It's just the natural thing to do now with how TV has caught up with the movies. Plus his days as a movie star are over for the most part. However there is a market for him being on TV every week doing his thing.

Coulson will look to restart a new Howling Commando group. He recruits a retired howling commando, Arnold, to do the job of training them. Plus I can see him an May getting together. So many possibilities.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    I don't consider him a master manipulator on that scale. Maybe on a day to day scale. I consider more like Bujold's Bothari, who needs a master to tell him how to behave.
    Agreed. However, I can buy him using suicide attempts to gain Skye's sympathy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by maczero View Post
    Agreed. However, I can buy him using suicide attempts to gain Skye's sympathy.
    Yeah, that part I can buy. It's been said that Skye was the only thing of his own that he went after, so I'd buy that....