Page 6 of 573 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106506 ... LastLast

Can this be merged with the other agents of shield thread.

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    Can this be merged with the other agents of shield thread.
    Why, yes. Yes, it can.
    "Let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie!"
    @Matt_of_Geek
    Now writing at The Atomic Junk Shop

CBR Community Standards and Rules

Incredible Member steeplejack2112's Avatar

I think it's going to be interesting to see what happens. You know that at some point S.H.I.E.L.D. will be re-built. Perhaps when that happens we will see appearances by some of the other well known agents. I am kind of hoping they don't do a mind control thing with Ward. I hope he truly is evil and he either gets shipped off, or he gets killed off. In any case I enjoy the show. I enjoy seeing what Marvel has in store for the viewers from week to week.

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    What's a Man-Thing?
    This is a Man-Thing.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    What's a Man-Thing?
    Due to the new rules around here I don't think I can answer this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by steeplejack2112 View Post
    I think it's going to be interesting to see what happens. You know that at some point S.H.I.E.L.D. will be re-built. Perhaps when that happens we will see appearances by some of the other well known agents. I am kind of hoping they don't do a mind control thing with Ward. I hope he truly is evil and he either gets shipped off, or he gets killed off. In any case I enjoy the show. I enjoy seeing what Marvel has in store for the viewers from week to week.
    I'm seeing a 'Phil Coulson, Director of SHIELD' as a real possibility if that happens.

Heres a theory (for movieverse generally, but thought of while watching show): we saw in the last ep Maria Hill is working for Stark now, and Talbot made comment on the privatization of global security (I think... I need to rewatch it yet). So if Stark is picking up pieces of SHIELD, that would effectivly make him director of shield. And if Stark is director could a Civil War storyline be far behind? Maybe not as the core storyline, but as backdrop?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by urmyth View Post
    Heres a theory (for movieverse generally, but thought of while watching show): we saw in the last ep Maria Hill is working for Stark now, and Talbot made comment on the privatization of global security (I think... I need to rewatch it yet). So if Stark is picking up pieces of SHIELD, that would effectivly make him director of shield. And if Stark is director could a Civil War storyline be far behind? Maybe not as the core storyline, but as backdrop?
    A Civil War storyline simply is not possible. At best you can have a Civil Skirmish Between Two Groups Of About Four People Each.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    A Civil War storyline simply is not possible. At best you can have a Civil Skirmish Between Two Groups Of About Four People Each.
    You can't do it to the scale the comic are doing it.

But a story about Stark and a variation of SHIELD hunting down Captain America and a small group of supporters is doable if they wanted to go there. Really, it's not that different from what they did in the Cap movie except Iron Man and maybe Hawkeye and Black Widow are helping.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

On the TV show, yeah but I could see this being the plot for Avengers 3, by then we'll have more Marvel heroes onscreen.
    If they did do a Civil War movie, I could see them tying in AOS and showing a street level view of that fight.

It was bad enough as a comic book. God save us from a movie version.

Sandy Hausler

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    It was bad enough as a comic book. God save us from a movie version.

Sandy Hausler
    Well, I do think that Civil War was a really terrific idea for a comicbook saga. It's just that it's an idea much better suited for the temperament and style of Ed brubaker or Greg Rucka than Mark Millar or event-mode-Bendis.

BANNED

Well, I do think that Civil War was a really terrific idea for a comicbook saga. It's just that it's an idea much better suited for the temperament and style of Ed brubaker or Greg Rucka than Mark Millar or event-mode-Bendis.
    It's grist for an interesting philosophical debate, but when they actually start fighting and killing each other over it--endangering more innocent lives in the process--it pretty much robs both sides of any real moral imperative on the issue.

Boisterously Confused

It was a fantastic idea for a 12-issue mini-series of What If. It was a horrible idea for a franchise of on-going monthlies. You've then got to deal with "How do we get Spider-Man's identity secret again?" and "Why hasn't Thor crushed in Iron Man's skull yet?"

I think it would only work for the MCU if you were planning to completely reboot everything 2 or 3 movies down the line.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    It was a fantastic idea for a 12-issue mini-series of What If. It was a horrible idea for a franchise of on-going monthlies. You've then got to deal with "How do we get Spider-Man's identity secret again?" and "Why hasn't Thor crushed in Iron Man's skull yet?"
    Well, the creative thing to do is roll with it and NOT get Spidey's identity secret again.
    Stark did get his ass kicked when by Thor when he came back to life a bit later.