Page 66 of 573 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166566 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If that were the case, I guess that would make Skye the cinematic version of Daisy Johnson.
    that's what I've been thinking.

and the alien blood she was injected with would give her powers.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    Much as I'm enjoying this season so far, that is one thing that's going to have to be explained better... how did Simmons go from being the comically bad liar we saw in season 1, to being good enough to infiltrate the highest levels of Hydra? All in just a few months time? Did she take one of those Maxtrix-style "I know Kung-Fu" treatments?
    Simmons is comically bad at lying on the fly. When she has a prepared alibi, Simmons is quite good at lying, as she proved in the episode "T.R.A.C.K.S." when she embarrassed the hell out of Coulson.

Maczero also pointed out that most of Simmon's cover is based on her own story. She's playing the part of Shield agent Simmons turning traitor because she understands what is motivating "traitor Simmons", her lust for scientific knowledge.

Also, she's probably quite motivated to taking Hydra down after what they forced Fitz to do to save her.

The show has gotten a lot better since it started.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    The show has gotten a lot better since it started.
    still not that invested in the show. I tried to watch it but I can't get past the fact that I don't care about anyone in the show.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    still not that invested in the show. I tried to watch it but I can't get past the fact that I don't care about anyone in the show.
    That happened to me with "Battlestar Galactica." It was hard, disliking a show that everyone around me loved, but I just couldn't connect.

Extraordinary Member

Would it have helped if Lucy Lawless was a recurring character on the show, instead of a one off?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    That happened to me with "Battlestar Galactica." It was hard, disliking a show that everyone around me loved, but I just couldn't connect.
    This happened with me with Always Sunny in Philadelphia. All my friends loved it, but I just didn't get it. Like at all.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    This happened with me with Always Sunny in Philadelphia. All my friends loved it, but I just didn't get it. Like at all.
    Happened to me, not a TV show but a film. The Godfather, loved by millions, heard all my life what a classic it is, bought it, tried watching it, *literally* bored me to sleep. Worst part is, when I woke up, it was still on! Never tried watching it again.

I think Skye will be a combination of both Ms. Marvels: an Inhuman transformed/powered by Kree DNA.

Boisterously Confused

Not a crime. Opinions vary, and you're entitled to yours. It's certainly imperfect, but I found season 1 adequately entertaining, and thought it improved as it went, and find season 2 better than season 1.

Personally, I enjoyed start of last season just because of the novelty of having it on tv. I convinced myself it wasnt that good by about week 4. Then the whole Hydra storyline exploded and it finished strong. The episode where we find out Ward's true motivations actually made me angry because i had grown attached to his character. I felt the story at the end was outstanding. So far, season 2 is pretty good. I like the new characters and like where the story is going. I am starting get a little annoyed at Fitz character, but otherwise its solid. I especially like the Howling Commando link with Trip and the emergence of an actual supervillan i've heard of...Crusher Creel.

Just hope ABC gives it a chance to find its audience. If they take Cap3 to the Civil War story line (as hinted recently) AoS will be a great medium to explore the Civil War in detail.

Astonishing Member Enigmatic Undead's Avatar

May hates coffee and Coulson likes kangaroos!
    "It is wrong to assume that art needs the spectator in order to be. The film runs on without any eyes. The spectator cannot exist without it. It ensures his existence." -- James Douglas Morrison

BANNED

Snap, I just saw the preview for next weeks show...Bobbi's coming and they brought in those sticks that she uses.

I guess we didn't have to worry about a silly, dancing with the stars episode.
    This is definitely my favorite TV show. I think the whole cast is great.

Mighty Member

I like that digital mask or whatever that was the Hydra agent used to disguise herself as agent May.