Page 69 of 573 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169569 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 8586
    Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

So with S.H.I.E.L.D. having stolen the painting (before Hydra could steal it), does that church get screwed out of its rebuilding funds? In the old days the white hats might have made an "anonymous gift" to the church to reimburse them for the loss, but I doubt Coulson has access to that kind of money under the present circumstances.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewCrossett View Post
    So with S.H.I.E.L.D. having stolen the painting (before Hydra could steal it), does that church get screwed out of its rebuilding funds? In the old days the white hats might have made an "anonymous gift" to the church to reimburse them for the loss, but I doubt Coulson has access to that kind of money under the present circumstances.
    No, HYDRA actually HAD gotten the painting (under the pretenses of the US government), so presumably the church got its donation.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    I thought the episode was 'eh'. Not great but not too bad, at least is was less campy then what the promo showed.

So the vault has a retina scanner and a laser grid security system to keep people from breaking in but once inside there's a big ventilation fan in the wall? Talk about a big security flaw.

Got bored with the May-May fight halfway through. Went on longer than I thought it should. Felt like the producers saw the episode was a little short so they padded it with a longer fight scene. Agent 33 must be a high level op or Ward was the weakest SHIELD agent to graduate the academy.
    ????

I mean May beat them both, but each time it was because she used the environment to her advantage. Without that nail gun in the season finale, I'm not sure that May was walking away from that fight with Ward.

I thought the episode was 'eh'. Not great but not too bad, at least is was less campy then what the promo showed.

So the vault has a retina scanner and a laser grid security system to keep people from breaking in but once inside there's a big ventilation fan in the wall? Talk about a big security flaw.

Got bored with the May-May fight halfway through. Went on longer than I thought it should. Felt like the producers saw the episode was a little short so they padded it with a longer fight scene. Agent 33 must be a high level op or Ward was the weakest SHIELD agent to graduate the academy.
    I think the idea was that both Agent 33 and Ward were good fighters, hence May having difficulty with both (though she beat both regardless).

The fight went on longer than one might expect, but I think that just went along with the ligher campier feel that this episode had overall. This is more of a darker season and I think this episode was just a small breather from that. The May vs May fight I think was just more of the campier fun they were going for.

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    That was the same mask tech that Natasha used in TWS.
    That was pretty cool the brought that back. I guess it's tech HYDRA got it's hands on in the fall of SHIELD. I like that it's not too far out there, they need the person's DNA and to print/program the mask first. It's classic spy stuff like Mission Impossible etc but it's just real enough to work in this world.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaShogun View Post
    I kept thinking the height would be a problem. You better be the same height to fool folks.
    I liked that the girl already had dark hair and a similar build so it was limited to replacing face and voice.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think the idea was that both Agent 33 and Ward were good fighters, hence May having difficulty with both (though she beat both regardless).
    Keep in mind that May is "The Calvary" so her fighting abilities are supposed to be legendary too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Can't wait to see Bobbi next week. Hope she's a double agent like Simmons.
    The question is, who's a double-agent for SHIELD and who was but is now brainwashed into working for HYDRA?

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Except Coulson (Gregg) cannot do comedy well (at all).

Coulson is a straight man, not a comedian, and it shows.
    Re: May in a slip vs. May in a dress: "I can't believe I'm the only one seeing this." Lol.

I thought his whole babbling fanboy bit with Captain America in "The Avengers" was on the nose. So I think Clark Gregg can do comedy, it's just that sometimes his delivery is too dry.

Anyway, I just wanted to say the recent undercover stint with May was everything I wanted from the undercover work with May in Season 1, but didn't get. Dancing! A Dress! THAT LAUGH! O.o

Lol.

I hope they continue to build the relationship between Coulson and May.

As for Mockingbird, I thought she was going to be a straight-up good guy double agent, but from the recent preview (realizing Simmons is the Hen in the Wolf House, not Bobbi), I really have to wonder if they're making Mockingbird a bad guy for now and only having her decide to betray Hydra later.

'Cos if she's not already a plant, Simmons is in trouble. Big trouble.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    No, HYDRA actually HAD gotten the painting (under the pretenses of the US government), so presumably the church got its donation.
    Could go either way. HYDRA might not want a bunch of pesky priests asking the US Air Force why their check bounced. On the other hand, HYDRA's evil; they might get a charge out of ripping off a church and rubbing the gov's nose in it.

Alternatively, it may be the suave investor that May was charming that got stiffed for his money rather than the church. I'll have to watch it again, but I got the impression that he was middle-manning the transfer of the painting to "Talbot".

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

Whitehall really wanted that painting (or rather what was on the back). I get the feeling shelling out a few hundred thousand dollars to get it would not be much of a problem for him.

He strikes me as the kind of guy who goes for the easiest and most efficient means of getting what he wants. I don't think he'd needlessly complicate the operation just because he's too eeeevil to give money to a church.

BANNED

Whitehall really wanted that painting (or rather what was on the back). I get the feeling shelling out a few hundred thousand dollars to get it would not be much of a problem for him.

He strikes me as the kind of guy who goes for the easiest and most efficient means of getting what he wants. I don't think he'd needlessly complicate the operation just because he's too eeeevil to give money to a church.
    Easy, quiet and efficient to shell out a few hundred thousand. Easier to launder the money than to attract attention with a fake check.

Incredible Member

I got the same feeling. May pretty much kicked 33's backside the whole first half of the fight, which made sense. It did feel like they needed to fill a couple minutes so 33 got some licks in.

Boisterously Confused

We're getting less of Trip than I was expecting this season. I like Hunter well enough, but I assumed that Trip would play a more prominent role in Season 2. Hope there's going to be room to showcase him later.

BANNED

Tripp is fine , he's still flirting with skye. He's now sharing the spotlight with new characters hunter & mac.

Extraordinary Member

I got admit Sheild is movie at a better pace then last year. Though this might because they did not have to wait until Cap 2 was out.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    We're getting less of Trip than I was expecting this season. I like Hunter well enough, but I assumed that Trip would play a more prominent role in Season 2. Hope there's going to be room to showcase him later.
    And who is his Howler Grandfather?!

Thought I'd post this hear, May's phone = easter egg!

Of the names listed I got:

Woo = Jimmy Woo!

Larner = MI-6 Agent James Larner (From Master of Kung Fu)

Agent 60 = Kuro Chin, was a double agent working for SHIELD

M. Huff = Margaret Huff, SHIELD, was Nick Fury's personal secretary

"Nat" = Definitely Black Widow and Ming-Na confirmed it on twitter

Pretty cool. Anyone know the rest? The only Johnson I know is Daisy but that can't be her.