Page 9 of 573 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109509 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    I wouldn't count on that just yet. After the issue of that hard drive is resolved, whether Garrett gets the data or not, there's plenty of time for him or his other HYDRA buddies to redirect their attention to the issues that interested all the players in Skye in the first place.
    It's interesting that Ward seems to have kept the fact that Skye is an 0-8-4 from Hydra.

Member in Disguise

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It's interesting that Ward seems to have kept the fact that Skye is an 0-8-4 from Hydra.
    Does he even know? I know Coulson and May do, but last I remember the rest of the team weren't aware.
    ...Expecting the Spanish Inquisition.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by zhris View Post
    Does he even know? I know Coulson and May do, but last I remember the rest of the team weren't aware.
    Now that you mention it...

I'm fairly sure Coulson did tell Skye though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, but all their intel was posted online. Isn't like that information just disappeared. The FBI and CIA likely picked up some pieces too.
    The issue isn't the intel, it's the organization and the infrastructure. Knowing who they are doesn't mean much if they don't know how to deal with them. The FBI and the CIA aren't equipped to deal with or police super-powered individuals on a large scale. Plus, regardless of what was said in Winter Soldier, I doubt that literally "all" of SHIELD's intel was posted online.

So, now what? How many episodes are left? I've missed so many. I hope the DVD set comes out this fall.

Incredible Member

You can sign up to be notified when the first season is available on Amazon

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    Giant-Sized!
    Waugh!

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    They would be, if SHIELD still existed. But it doesn't. It's been infiltrated, corrupted, and destroyed from within and branded a terrorist organization, and pretty much everyone who had been formerly associated with it is under suspicion.
    Well then they are all deputized Avengers or something. Despite not working too closely together since the Battle of New York, it doesn't seem like the Avengers will split from each other with some allying with a government agency and the others trying to operate independently...at least not on the scale of Civil War.

BANNED

The issue isn't the intel, it's the organization and the infrastructure. Knowing who they are doesn't mean much if they don't know how to deal with them. The FBI and the CIA aren't equipped to deal with or police super-powered individuals on a large scale.
    You DO know that's not going to stop them, right? And that they would certainly TRY to develop such capabilities the second HYDRA cracked SHIELD? And that they would have a database of their own, separate from SHIELD?

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Didn't Coulson make a speech about hoe they're not Agents of Nothing, they are Agents of SHIELD? It's much smaller but I'm guessing with Fury's hide-outs it could go on as Fury's personal project.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Now that you mention it...

I'm fairly sure Coulson did tell Skye though.
    Skye knows, she was asking Fitz about 084s and if he knew if they could be a person and Fitz supposed it was possible but would hate to be that guy.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by PretenderNX01 View Post
    Didn't Coulson make a speech about hoe they're not Agents of Nothing, they are Agents of SHIELD? It's much smaller but I'm guessing with Fury's hide-outs it could go on as Fury's personal project.
    Sounds like Secret Warriors coming up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    You DO know that's not going to stop them, right? And that they would certainly TRY to develop such capabilities the second HYDRA cracked SHIELD? And that they would have a database of their own, separate from SHIELD?
    I don't know any of those things, because there hasn't been anything in either the show or any of the films to suggest they're true. Doesn't mean they aren't true, but absent any evidence of it, there's no way to "know" they're true.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    Well then they are all deputized Avengers or something. Despite not working too closely together since the Battle of New York, it doesn't seem like the Avengers will split from each other with some allying with a government agency and the others trying to operate independently...at least not on the scale of Civil War.
    Who said anything about the Avengers not working together in SHIELD's absence? Obviously they will be, because they're making another movie about them. And given Maria Hill's comments in the last episode of AOS, it seems pretty likely that they aren't working with any other government agency.
    Last edited by kalorama; 05-05-2014 at 09:53 AM.

BANNED

They could explore the idea of registration in some form, but there's really not enough foundation for even a scaled down "Civil War" because there simply aren't enough players.
    I don't want them to do Civil War, but they are getting close to having a large enough cast to pull it off if they pull every one in.

Captain America
    Falcon
    Winter Soldier
    Black Widow
    Sharon Carter
    Nick Fury
    Maria Hill
    Phill Coulson
    May
    Skye
    Fitz
    Simmons
    Triplet
    Deathlok
    Iron Man
    War Machine
    Rescue
    JARVIS
    Happy
    Thor
    Sif
    Warriors 3
    Jane
    Silgurd
    Marcy
    Marcies assistant
    Ant Man 1
    Ant Man 2
    Hawkeye
    Hulk
    Betty
    Doc. Sampson
    Star Lord
    Gamora
    Drax
    Groot
    Rocket Raccoon
    Nova Corps
    Scarlet Witch
    Quicksilver
    Daredevil
    Power Man
    Iron Fist
    Jessica Jones

Plus Wasp or others may appear in Ant Man, and Doctor Strange and Man-Thing have been name dropped (though Man-Thing is still owned by another studio), as has Wakanda. Hell, we saw the golden age Human Torch in the 1st Cap movie, and they keep saying they're up for a cross-over with the Spider-Man movies.

Then they could bring in the villains:

Loki
    Thanos
    Chitauri
    Ultron
    Red Skull
    Thunderbolt Ross
    Talbot
    Abomination
    Leader
    Hydra
    AIM
    Zolav
    Zucker
    Mandarin/Ten Rings
    Extremis
    Elves
    Frost Giants
    Gravitron
    Griffon
    Dark Force
    cold power guy
    Enchantresses sister
    Last edited by dupersuper; 05-05-2014 at 01:59 PM.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    I don't want them to do Civil War, but they are getting close to having a large enough cast to pull it off if they pull every one in.
    Nice lists; I'm convinced that they'd have enough people to do a worthy Civil War story, but, and maybe I missed something here: what would they fight about?

Wasn't "Civil War" about the Superhuman Registration Act?

Wasn't SHIELD already registering people with powers via the Index/Asset Evaluation and Intake list?

They were doing it so secretly and there were so few people with powers to begin with in the MCU that I'd find it just silly for dozens upon dozens of superheroes/villains to fight over the privacy/civil rights of several people that, I'm sure, both sides would agree need to at least be watched and helped as necessary.

It made more sense on Earth-616 where every corner you turn features a superhero or two.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Astonishing Member PretenderNX01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Wasn't "Civil War" about the Superhuman Registration Act?

Wasn't SHIELD already registering people with powers via the Index/Asset Evaluation and Intake list?
    That wasn't quite registering them to be allowed to use their powers but SHIELD and The Avengers being tied in together kinda was.

The other problem I see is Cap and Iron Man in the MCU would be on opposite sides as they were in the MU.
    Movie Cap still believes in American and the government enough to probably push anything they were pushing like a registry, he enlisted in the Army (and then SHIELD) so he'd be fine with it if they sell it as enlistment or a draft.

Meanwhile MCU Tony fought with congress (granted a Hydra plant but still) doesn't want the military to have his tech and as Maria Hill mentioned is privatizing security, so more than likely wouldn't want superheroes on a government list to be allowed to operate since he likes to operate without their sanction.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by dupersuper View Post
    Except naming a bunch of names doesn't do anything but list all of the characters that have been in Marvel movies. I mean, really, Darcy and her assistant are relevant to a Civil War storyline? Betty and Jane would be anything other than tangentially related by way of saying something profound to Thor and Bruce? And why on earth would the Guardians of the Galaxy cast give a crap about some political conflict on a planet that isn't even going to appear in their movie?

No, a Civil War storyline at this point would involve Cap, Falcon, Iron Man, War Machine, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Thor, Hulk, and various ex-SHIELD personnel. As everyone has said, that's too small to adequately represent that particular storyline, and listing every character who's ever appeared in a Marvel movie doesn't change that.