Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30
  1. #16
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    Steve Rogers. None other like him.
    This, every time

  2. #17
    Wily Veteran cc008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    12,846

    Default

    Steve Rogers
    CaptainAmericaDaredevil
    BatmanNightwingRedHood

  3. #18
    Mighty Member 9th.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,711

    Default

    Steve but Sam has my favorite suit

  4. #19
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,315

    Default

    Danielle Cage.

  5. #20
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    228

    Default

    Threads like these make me chuckle. Even before I saw the first response I knew someone will say something like "Steve is Captain America and that's that".

    Anywho, my favourite "Captain America" was Bucky. Specifically under Brubaker.

    Not saying he's the best (nor is the post asking for who you think is the best) but it was such a fresh take on the mythos and had quite compelling storytelling.

    A key element of what made it good was the fact it was the "Winter Soldier" (with the crimes, atrocities, being America's nightmare Baba Yaga) carrying the burden of "Captain America" - the epitome of truth, justice and whatnot.

  6. #21
    Mighty Member pageturner's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,864

    Default

    Spirit of 76 Cap. He burned bright and left a young corpse.

  7. #22

    Default

    Hydra Cap/Supreme Commander Rogers
    "I just don't get why you wouldn't want to break the law anymore" --Scorpia

  8. #23
    Incredible Member capandkirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Threads like these make me chuckle. Even before I saw the first response I knew someone will say something like "Steve is Captain America and that's that".

    Anywho, my favourite "Captain America" was Bucky. Specifically under Brubaker.

    Not saying he's the best (nor is the post asking for who you think is the best) but it was such a fresh take on the mythos and had quite compelling storytelling.

    A key element of what made it good was the fact it was the "Winter Soldier" (with the crimes, atrocities, being America's nightmare Baba Yaga) carrying the burden of "Captain America" - the epitome of truth, justice and whatnot.
    Someone answering "Steve is Captain America and that's that" is no less of an answer than yours. Because favorites are subjective. Moreover, just as you like Brubaker as a writer, others may like Gruenwald, Englehart, Stern, Waid and Coates, all Steve writers. Anyway, just as you laugh at threads like this, I always get a good chuckle out of people who say things like "I KNEW someone would say..." because it's so passive-aggressive.

  9. #24
    IRON MAN Tony Stark's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    1 million B.C.E.
    Posts
    5,267

    Default

    I like all the Caps, but Bucky is my favorite. He didn't do any ra ra speeches. He just did what needed to be done. Love how Brubaker wrote him.
    " I've learned that free will isn't a gift-it's muscle that needs to be exercised-and only when it's in peak condition-is a man truly awake" TONY STARK

  10. #25

    Default

    Steve, Sam, John Walker.

  11. #26
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    Someone answering "Steve is Captain America and that's that" is no less of an answer than yours. Because favorites are subjective. Moreover, just as you like Brubaker as a writer, others may like Gruenwald, Englehart, Stern, Waid and Coates, all Steve writers. Anyway, just as you laugh at threads like this, I always get a good chuckle out of people who say things like "I KNEW someone would say..." because it's so passive-aggressive.
    Calm down "Cap".

    Don't get your star spangled panties in a twist.

    Also I actually elaborated as to "Why" Bucky is my favourite so saying "it's no less of an answer than mine" is factually inaccurate.

    All in all - go have a root beer (that is Cap's drink of choice no?)
    Last edited by Mr. White; 02-28-2019 at 01:08 PM.

  12. #27
    Incredible Member capandkirby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    845

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Calm down "Cap".

    Don't get your star spangled panties in a twist.

    Also I actually elaborated as to "Why" Bucky is my favourite so saying "it's no less of an answer than mine" is factually inaccurate.

    All in all - go have a root beer (that is Cap's drink of choice no?)
    Just wanted to point out that starting a post with "Threads like these make me chuckle. Even before I saw the first response I knew someone will say something like "Steve is Captain America and that's that". Had a feel of condescension to it. Whether you intended it or not. But, whatever, have a good day.

  13. #28
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    228

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    Just wanted to point out that starting a post with "Threads like these make me chuckle. Even before I saw the first response I knew someone will say something like "Steve is Captain America and that's that". Had a feel of condescension to it. Whether you intended it or not. But, whatever, have a good day.
    This would have been a better "opening" than your first response.
    Not intended - apologies you felt that way/ interpreted it as such.
    Thanks. Have a good day too.

  14. #29
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I like Steve so much in this role... but Brubaker done the great job with Bucky ) So.. Steve and Bucky )

  15. #30
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,048

    Default

    I like Bucky as Winter Soldier and John Walker as USAgent as much as Steve Rogers, but prefer them in their other identities, and Steve as Captain America.

    Although I do have a fondness for Danielle Cage as a future Captain America. "I *am* the shield!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •