Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    Steve Rogers. None other like him.
    This, every time

Steve Rogers

Steve but Sam has my favorite suit

Mighty Member

Danielle Cage.

Incredible Member

Threads like these make me chuckle. Even before I saw the first response I knew someone will say something like "Steve is Captain America and that's that".

Anywho, my favourite "Captain America" was Bucky. Specifically under Brubaker.

Not saying he's the best (nor is the post asking for who you think is the best) but it was such a fresh take on the mythos and had quite compelling storytelling.

A key element of what made it good was the fact it was the "Winter Soldier" (with the crimes, atrocities, being America's nightmare Baba Yaga) carrying the burden of "Captain America" - the epitome of truth, justice and whatnot.

Spirit of 76 Cap. He burned bright and left a young corpse.

Hydra Cap/Supreme Commander Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Threads like these make me chuckle. Even before I saw the first response I knew someone will say something like "Steve is Captain America and that's that".

Anywho, my favourite "Captain America" was Bucky. Specifically under Brubaker.

Not saying he's the best (nor is the post asking for who you think is the best) but it was such a fresh take on the mythos and had quite compelling storytelling.

A key element of what made it good was the fact it was the "Winter Soldier" (with the crimes, atrocities, being America's nightmare Baba Yaga) carrying the burden of "Captain America" - the epitome of truth, justice and whatnot.
    Someone answering "Steve is Captain America and that's that" is no less of an answer than yours. Because favorites are subjective. Moreover, just as you like Brubaker as a writer, others may like Gruenwald, Englehart, Stern, Waid and Coates, all Steve writers. Anyway, just as you laugh at threads like this, I always get a good chuckle out of people who say things like "I KNEW someone would say..." because it's so passive-aggressive.

I like all the Caps, but Bucky is my favorite. He didn't do any ra ra speeches. He just did what needed to be done. Love how Brubaker wrote him.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Steve, Sam, John Walker.

Incredible Member

Someone answering "Steve is Captain America and that's that" is no less of an answer than yours. Because favorites are subjective. Moreover, just as you like Brubaker as a writer, others may like Gruenwald, Englehart, Stern, Waid and Coates, all Steve writers. Anyway, just as you laugh at threads like this, I always get a good chuckle out of people who say things like "I KNEW someone would say..." because it's so passive-aggressive.
    Calm down "Cap".

Don't get your star spangled panties in a twist.

Also I actually elaborated as to "Why" Bucky is my favourite so saying "it's no less of an answer than mine" is factually inaccurate.

All in all - go have a root beer (that is Cap's drink of choice no?)
    Last edited by Mr. White; 02-28-2019 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    Calm down "Cap".

Don't get your star spangled panties in a twist.

Also I actually elaborated as to "Why" Bucky is my favourite so saying "it's no less of an answer than mine" is factually inaccurate.

All in all - go have a root beer (that is Cap's drink of choice no?)
    Just wanted to point out that starting a post with "Threads like these make me chuckle. Even before I saw the first response I knew someone will say something like "Steve is Captain America and that's that". Had a feel of condescension to it. Whether you intended it or not. But, whatever, have a good day.

Incredible Member

Just wanted to point out that starting a post with "Threads like these make me chuckle. Even before I saw the first response I knew someone will say something like "Steve is Captain America and that's that". Had a feel of condescension to it. Whether you intended it or not. But, whatever, have a good day.
    This would have been a better "opening" than your first response.
    Not intended - apologies you felt that way/ interpreted it as such.
    Thanks. Have a good day too.

ciberia

I like Steve so much in this role... but Brubaker done the great job with Bucky ) So.. Steve and Bucky )

Ultimate Member

I like Bucky as Winter Soldier and John Walker as USAgent as much as Steve Rogers, but prefer them in their other identities, and Steve as Captain America.

Although I do have a fondness for Danielle Cage as a future Captain America. "I *am* the shield!"