Astonishing Member

Default A peak human drop in a WWII tragedy

We've been discussing a rogue regiment and decided it wasn't going to have a happy fate. That provoked me for this similar armed forces scenario.

It is WWII and the Nazis have decided to eliminate the Warsaw Ghetto. The unhappy inhabitants are bravely resisting as happened in real life. Assume that this is our world and not a superhero populated ones, like in the MU Invaders stories or the JSA where the Spear of Destiny kept heroes out of Europe.

In the ghetto, mystic powers are found that allow the reach across universes to the 616 MU and current DCU - all the peak humans of each (Cap, Bats, and similar folks including peak villains are transported to the Ghetto). All are committed to fight the Nazis - no self-interest betrayals allowed.

Does this change the resistance outcome? The peak folks come with the standard equipment that they carry day to day. No Bat planes, or the like. It has to be person portable.

Do world politicians change their actions, if this occurs? Do the Polish people change - their resistance wasn't that much help to the Ghetto.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

...how many Nazis?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warsaw...prising#German

Here's a breakdown. So could our comic folks do anything? Of course, they Germans could bring in more and more, but let's say that a victory by the Ghetto forces enables them to resist until the Soviets arrive. Could they do that?

So, the Germans committed roughly 2000-3000 soldiers (with the appropriate amount of armored vehicles), depending on the source.

Aaaand...we're looking at 'Peak Humans'. Specifically Peak Humans? Or 'Almost Peak Humans' (includes people like Grayson) + 'Just above Peak Humans' (includes people like Shiva, but no flat-out bullet-timers)?

If it's the former, we can have...hmm...I'm including people I figure squeak into the Peak Human Category, being ROUGHLY the same physicality as Cap and Bats.

1. Batman
    2. Captain America
    3. Black Panther (is he even Peak Human any more? Or more than that?)
    4. Bronze Tiger
    5. Taskmaster? I think?
    6. Mr. X
    7. Mockingbird, I think.
    8. Modern Day Moon Knight
    9. Bullseye (!!!), I think.
    10. David Cain.
    11. Prometheus, as sucky as he was.

There are probably more, I need to think on this.

We're easily getting into 1 comic book peak human for every 150-200 perfectly normal human enemies, in guerilla-style warfare, on TOP of the Jewish resistance. And Comic Book Peak Humans basically are rather superhuman compared to real world humans, moving so quickly they're nigh-impossible to track with gunfire, killing people with punches, having ridiculously perfect accuracy, bouncing shields off of ten people's heads with one throw, etc. Not to mention the stuff that a couple of people bring to the table to deal with the armored vehicles that they cannot simply jump into and beat up/kill the crew.

Serious resistance, apparently lasted about 10 days, and that's with a bunch of poorly-armed, non-soldiers. With this group, I can't really see them having a problem holding out against the regular forces arrayed against them. Especially since there are going to be an awful lot more weapons going to the uprising due to the Peak Humans kicking all hell out of small groups and 'liberating' their stuff. Also, serious issues in the German leadership when they keep finding their officers murdered in their rooms with no sign of how the person managed to sneak through three layers of sentries and six locked doors without anyone the wiser. Also the morale issues involving snipers that consistently take out groups of soldiers every day with nigh-unerring accuracy at distances outside of normal engagement range.

We throw in the sub-Peak Humans (Grayson, other non-Cass Batfamily members, Winter Soldier, Silver Sable, Oliver Queen, Hawkeye, etc, etc...it's a long list) and things just get worse and worse for the Germans.

Not sure how this affects other things.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

3. Black Panther (is he even Peak Human any more? Or more than that?)
    He's physically peak human, that's been his thing for a while. He just also has gear like the vibranium pajamas and various high tech things.

Just checking. Stuff changes.
    Why are we here?