Default Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield

Generation 8 of Pokémon is here!

It seems the new region is based on the UK

Extraordinary Member

2 main disappointments.

Pokemon models don't really look like much of an upgrade. Looks like the same models as Lets Go, which were already too similar to the 3DS models. I do get it, as there are so many hundreds of Pokemon that it's really hard to give them all detailed character models.

Random encounters are back. That is the one thing from Lets Go that needed to carry over. The one thing I've wanted the first true HD Pokemon to do since it was announced in E3 2017 was to have Pokemon roaming the environment and I am really bummed that it's not happening.

That said, the environments look good even if the textures aren't up to snuff. The art and color are great. I hope their promise of 'new features' makes this a true upgrade and not just an HD version of X and Y.

Even generations are always worse than the preceding odd generation.

The fire starters are not based on the zodiac.

Genwunners are the worst and 5th gen is best gen.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

I've never played a Pokemon game (my kids are WAY into it) unless you count Go ...

This actually looks fun to me.

Are new converts the target of this game? Seems to be working on me at least ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Looks stunningly beautiful.

I want that rabbit

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

It looks fun. I wasn't immediately sold on the United Kingdom vibe of the new region, but after giving it a day I'm starting to dig it. I don't own a Switch, and usually I'm a few years behind on these games (Only started up Sun/Moon in December) but I'd definitely call this incentive for me to get one.

If/when I do get Sword/Shield I might have to break with tradition, and go with Water over Grass. Sobble gets me.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Are new converts the target of this game? Seems to be working on me at least ...
    In general each generation of games is designed to be extremely easy for newcomers to get into, but the region aesthetic is a big seller for a lot of people whether they're new to the series or long time fans. I'd say with this being the series first wholly new game for the Switch they tried putting their best foot forward, and I would say they've been successful.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 02-28-2019 at 09:49 AM.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.